Chanel Black and White Patent Leather Cage Peep Toe Booties Shoes Size 41 or 11
About the Item
- Dimensions:Height: 8 in (20.32 cm)Width: 3.5 in (8.89 cm)Length: 11 in (27.94 cm)Marked Size: 41 (EU) and 11 (US) (EU)
- Place of Origin:
- Condition:Worn once inside a home. Small visible glue spots.
- Seller Location:Tustin, CA
- Reference Number:Seller: 0077-CSW1stDibs: LU131536950091
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Tustin, CA
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.
- Ladies Gucci Deep Cobalt 4" Malaga Kid High Pumps Shoes Size 41 Made in ItalyBy GucciLocated in Tustin, CAClassic GUCCI closed toe, spiked high heeled pumps in Malaga kid leather, "Deep Cobalt" color are size 41, with 95 mm high heels (Approximately 4 inches). Never worn, with original G...Category
2010s Italian High Heels
- Roberto Cavalli Copper Metallic Open Toe Bootie Shoes Size 41By Roberto CavalliLocated in Tustin, CAVery avant garde, Italian luxury brand, Roberto Cavalli, size 41 bootie shoes. These edgy shoes feature open toes, a striking copper metallic slight stretch fabric with black patent...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Boots
- Avant Garde Roberto Cavalli Magenta Suede Two Tone Thigh High Boots Size 41By Roberto CavalliLocated in Tustin, CAVery avant garde, crafted from the finest leathers, breathtakingly fierce, Italian luxury brand, Roberto Cavalli, thigh high boots. These edgy boots feature pointed toes, a split of...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Boots
- 1980's Sonia Rykiel France Evening Wear Lightweight Silk Velvet Lame DusterBy Sonya RykielLocated in Tustin, CAExquisite 1980's evening wear coat, jacket, blazer or duster is lightweight, vented and easy to wear for dining, parties and dancing, with an animal patterned, soft silk velvet and s...Category
1980s French Single-Breasted Jackets
- Louis Vuitton Paris Mink Collar Ladies Black Wool Coat Size 38 US Size 6By Louis VuittonLocated in Tustin, CAElegant designer Louis Vuitton Paris ladies coat features a black wool exterior with a large, opulent black mink fur collar and soft rabbit fur lapel trim. The body of the coat is lined in quilted back polyamide, with black silk lined sleeves and black silk lined slash pockets. The backing of the collar is black silk as well. Lapels are lined in black wool and silk. Coat fastens with 5 sets of hook...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Coats
- Couture Missoni Plaid Knitted Hooded Wool Cape Cloak with Orange LabelBy MissoniLocated in Tustin, CAColorful, heavy, knitted vintage mohair wool, plaid hooded cape from Italian high end, couture fashion designer, Missoni, features a complementary, color coordinated, striped interio...Category
1980s Italian Capes
- NEW Balmain Limited Edition Black & Blue High Top Leather Combat Boots 36By BalmainLocated in Switzerland, CHLimited Edition Balmain Cell Stellar high-top leather combat boots Sold out immediately Details: Black leather Balmain Cell Stellar high-top combat leather boots Round to Lace-up f...Category
2010s French Shoes
- NEW Tod's for Ferrari Black Gommino Moccasins Loafers Alligator Crocodile 10By FerrariLocated in Switzerland, CHAMAZING RARE RARE RARE TOD'S FOR FERRARI LIMITED EDITION MOCCASINS LOAFERS RETAIL PRICE 7700$ PLUS TAXES DETAILS: A signature piece that will last you for years From an exclusive and limited exotic skin collection produced for Ferrari Pure luxury Beautiful exotic skin real crocodile leather - no print! Fantastic black leather with "Ferrari"-red stitching Ferrari horse...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Moccasins
- Tom Ford for YSL SS 2004 Collection Crystal Embellished Spectator Shoes 39 US 9By Tom Ford for Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Montgomery, TXTom Ford for Yves Saint Laurent Spectator Shoes Italian size 39 - US 9 These sensational shoes will add dramatic panache to evening elegance. Fully co...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Heels
- Dior Black Leather Pointed Toe Pumps Size 40By Christian DiorLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Wonderfully-crafted shoes added with notable elements to fit well and pair perfectly with all your plans. Make these Dior kitten heel pumps yours today! includes Original DustbagCategory
2010s Italian Heels
- Balenciaga Shimmery Black Knit Fabric Speed Trainer Sneakers Size 38By BalenciagaLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Celebrating the fusion of sports and luxury fashion, these Balenciaga Speed Trainer sneakers are absolutely worth the splurge. They are laceless and so well-crafted with knit fabric ...Category
2010s Italian Shoes
- Gucci Black Bee Star Embroidered Leather Web Sylvie Slingback Pumps Size 38By GucciLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Make a chic style statement with these designer pumps. They showcase sturdy heels and durable soles, perfect for your fashionable outings! Includes Original BoxCategory
2010s Italian Heels
Recently ViewedView All
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.