- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Chanel Black and White Patent Leather Cage Peep Toe Booties Shoes Size 41 or 11
- DimensionsHeight: 8 in. (20.32 cm)Width: 3.5 in. (8.89 cm)Length: 11 in. (27.94 cm)Marked Size: 41 (EU) and 11 (US) (EU)
- Place of OriginItaly
- ConditionWorn once inside a home. Small visible glue spots.
- Seller LocationTustin, CA
- Reference NumberSeller: 0077-CSW1stDibs: LU131536950091
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Tustin, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.
About the Designer
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- By GucciLocated in Tustin, CAClassic GUCCI closed toe, spiked high heeled pumps in Malaga kid leather, "Deep Cobalt" color are size 41, with ...Category
2010s High Heels
- By Roberto CavalliLocated in Tustin, CAVery avant garde, Italian luxury brand, Roberto Cavalli, size 41 bootie shoes. These edgy shoes feature open to...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Boots$595 Sale Price37% Off
- By Roberto CavalliLocated in Tustin, CAVery avant garde, crafted from the finest leathers, breathtakingly fierce, Italian luxury brand, Roberto Cavalli...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Boots$1,120 Sale Price20% Off
- Located in Tustin, CAVery sophisticated and lavish, genuine regal Russian Sable fur coat features a large and very high fashion wide ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Overcoats$6,500 Sale Price31% Off
- By Louis VuittonLocated in Tustin, CAElegant designer Louis Vuitton Paris ladies coat features a black wool exterior with a large, opulent black mink...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Coats$695 Sale Price22% Off
- Located in Tustin, CAShone as the ultimate symbol of status and elegance, Russian Sable is considered to be the most coveted fur in t...Category
Late 20th Century Opera Coats$9,900 Sale Price34% Off
You May Also Like
1990s Low Heels
21st Century and Contemporary High Heels
Early 2000s Heels
Early 2000s Shoes
21st Century and Contemporary Heels
Recently ViewedView More
Chanel’s Boy Brick Lego Bag Transforms a Barcode into Art
In the hands of Karl Lagerfeld, even running errands became a chic exercise.
A Chanel Obsessive’s Cache Extends Well beyond Her Walk-In Closet
From handbags and heels to jackets and jewels, Sharon Coplan Hurowitz has a deep admiration for (and collection of) all things Chanel.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery