- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Unworn Chanel Red Patent Leather Slingback Sandals Silver "CC" Metal Heels
About the Item
- Dimensions:Marked Size: 39 (EU)
- Place of Origin:
- Seller Location:Sheung Wan, HK
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU323211875372
Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel
More than a mere tastemaker, Karl Lagerfeld devoted himself to the continual pursuit of chic. “My life and my job,” the designer once said, “is to forget myself.” From his first collection at Chanel — after joining the brand in the early 1980s — he injected the venerable house with a frisson of modernity. Vintage Karl Lagerfeld designs for Chanel handbags, evening dresses, coats, jewelry and other clothing and accessories riffed on its iconography — tweed skirt suits, pearls, camellias — accenting a lexicon of Chanel-isms with tastes of the moment.
During his five-decade career as a designer for Chanel, Fendi, Chloé and many others, Lagerfeld was a quintessential chameleon, ever evolving to embody the times. An outsize, instantly recognizable personality — his ponytail powdered like an 18th-century viscount, his eyes perpetually shielded by dark glasses, wearing fistfuls of chunky silver jewels — Lagerfeld was, above all, an avatar of style.
Born in Hamburg (in 1933, ’35, or ’38 by varying accounts), Karl Lagerfeld packed his bags for Paris in 1954. His design for a coat won him the International Wool Secretariat and landed him a job with the celebrated couturier Pierre Balmain. He went on to become the designer of Jean Patou, eventually realizing that his seemingly endless ideas could fuel a career as a designer-for-hire. As such, Lagerfeld lent his vision to everyone from Loewe and Max Mara to Krizia and Charles Jourdan, nimbly moving among a diverse range of styles. It was an unprecedented way of working in the days when freelance was still a dirty word. During the late ’60s and ’70s, he refashioned Chloé to reflect the free spirit of the day and, beginning in 1965, joined forces with the Fendi family, taking it from sleepy furrier to fashion’s haute-est stratum.
Because of his track record for reviving and reimagining brands that had grown stagnant, in 1984 Lagerfeld was handed the reins at Chanel, which had been gathering dust since its founder’s heyday. Lagerfeld’s collections for the brand displayed his knack for synthesizing old and new, high and low. From Watteau (Spring/Summer 1985 couture) and Serge Roche (Spring/Summer 1990 ready-to-wear) to hip-hop fly girls (Fall/Winter 1991 ready-to-wear), surfers (Spring/Summer 2003 ready-to-wear) and ancient Egypt (Pre-Fall 2019), Lagerfeld used each season’s inspiration to conceive Chanel’s signatures anew. And despite producing eight collections a year for Chanel, as well as four to five for Fendi, Lagerfeld never faltered in proposing new ideas each time he put pencil to paper.
Find vintage Karl Lagerfeld Chanel day dresses, jackets, shoes and more on 1stDibs.
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Browse vintage Chanel bags, evening dresses, shoes, jewelry and other clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- Pancaldi Colour Blocked Leather Slingback ShoesBy PancaldiLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 80s Pancaldi colour blocked(turquoise, red, pink, yellow, black) leather slingback shoes. - Size 37.5 - Made in Italy.Category
1980s Italian Heels
- Chanel pink camellia suede and patent leather shoesBy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HKSize 38.5 Never been worn before so it’s like brand new!Category
2010s Italian Strap Sandals
- Chanel Orange Suede Strap SandalsBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s Chanel orange suede open toe strap heels. - Height: 14cm (9cm heels) I Length: 21cm - Size 38.5 France.Category
1990s Italian Heels
- Bottega Veneta Green Intrecciato Leather Open Toes High HeelsBy Bottega VenetaLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Bottega Veneta Green intrecciato leather open toes high heels. - Size 39. - Heels height: 11cm.Category
2010s Italian High Heels
- Gucci Floral Canvas Sandals MulesBy GucciLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- These beautiful Gucci floral canvas sandals mules is one of a kind! Let yourself surrounded by a garden day and night! - Size 38.Category
Early 2000s Italian Sandals
- Unworn Vintage 90s Chanel Bi Toned Patent HeelsBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Unworn vintage 90s Chanel bi toned bronze/black patent heels - Size 38.5Category
1990s Italian Low Heels
- WOMENS DESIGNER Stuart Weitzman Satin Peeptoe Heels RedBy Stuart WeitzmanLocated in London, GBA lovely pair of Stuart Weitzman peep-toe heeled satin pumps edged in diamonte stones. Size 36.5 UK 3.5. A preloved pair which are in good condition but need a good clean. Do look at...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Heels$36Free Shipping
- NEW Alaia Exotic Snake Skin High Heel Wedges Sandals 38 8By Azzedine AlaïaLocated in Switzerland, CHAn AZZEDINE ALAIA classic signature piece that will last you for years This gorgeous pair of wedges made out of finest exotic skin Closure discreetly engraved with "ALAIA" Size EU 38...Category
2010s Italian Shoes$1,019 Sale Price40% Off
- NEW René Caovilla Floral Flower High Heel Sandals with Faux Pearl Trimmings 38By René CaovillaLocated in Switzerland, CHA RENE CAOVILLA classic signature piece that will last you for years Pure luxury - handcrafted in their Italian workshop Beautiful flower detail Faux pearl details Beautifull...Category
2010s Sandals$599 Sale Price20% Off
- MAISON MARGIELA Size 6 Red Painted Knit Lace Up SneakersBy Maison Martin MargielaLocated in San Francisco, CAMAISON MARGIELA trainers come in black knit with a black rubber sole, lace up front, and red paint coating throughout. Made in Italy. New with Box. Marked: IT 39 l Outsole: 11 x 4....Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Shoes
- AQUATALIA Size 11 Red Suede Braided Trim Rubber Sole LoafersBy AquataliaLocated in San Francisco, CAAQUATALIA loafers come in red suede with a braided rope trim and rubber sole. Made in Italy. Excellent Pre-Owned Condition. Marked: UK 10 Original Retail Price: $395.00 Outsole: 12...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Shoes
- New VERSACE #GREEK RED SUEDE OVER The KNEE BOOTS Sz 38 - 8By VersaceLocated in Montgomery, TXHOTTEST VERSACE BOOTS Fall 2015 collection SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE! Get a stylish lift with these boots featuring a #GREEK motif metallic heel and platf...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Boots$3,960 Sale Price20% Off
Recently ViewedView More
How the Chanel Jacket Forever Changed What Women Wear
The classic tweed garment has been a wardrobe staple of chic women around the world since the 1950s.
Remembering Fashion Designer, Collector and Supreme Tastemaker Karl Lagerfeld
The creative force behind brands like Chanel, Fendi and Chloé was as exacting in his interiors as he was in his clothing designs.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery