Chanel Paris-Dallas Blue Denim Mini Shorts
View Similar Items
Chanel Paris-Dallas Blue Denim Mini Shorts
About the Manufacturer
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- Sonia Rykiel Navy Bermuda ShortsBy Sonia RykielLocated in Waterford, MINavy Bermuda shorts. Front pleats. Front pockets. Front zipper closure. Acetate and rayon. Made in France. *Condition: excellent vintage condition. No visible flaws. Measurements T...Category
1980s Bermuda Shorts
- NEW Missoni 3D Crochet Knit Shorts Bermudas Pants 44By MissoniLocated in Switzerland, CHBeautiful Missoni shorts Made in Missoni's famous signature crochet knit Main label Beautiful natural brown color Two front pockets, two back pockets Made in Italy Full...Category
2010s Italian Hot Pants$269 Sale Price61% Off
- NEW Chanel Multicolor Tweed & Denim Jeans Hot Pants Shorts 36By ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHBeautiful CHANEL tweed & denim shorts A true CHANEL signature item that will last you for many years Beautiful fantasy denim tweed Fully lined Closes with zip on side Chanel CC Logo ...Category
2010s French Hot Pants$1,799 Sale Price28% Off
- Jean Paul Gaultier junior 1980s vintage bleu cotton jeans bermuda shortsBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Antwerp, BEJean-Paul Gaultier junior 100% cotton jeans Bermuda /Shorts. Made in Italy - Size 42 The shorts go with a jacket we have listed separately, unfortunately, the shorts were worn and w...Category
1980s Italian Bermuda Shorts
- Emilio Pucci Shorts size 40By Emilio PucciLocated in Gazzaniga (BG), IT98% Cotton and elasthane Azure color Fancy print Two pockets Total length cm 30 (118 inches) Waist cm 37 (145 inches)Category
2010s Italian Hot Pants
- Bottega Veneta Lime Green Synthetic Shorts MBy Bottega VenetaLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2These shorts are a comfy and stylish pick for your vacation. Easy to style and classy in appearance, these shorts will be your favorite! Includes: Brand TagCategory
2010s Italian Shorts
Recently ViewedView All
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.