Louis Vuitton LV36 Women's Size 4 US Denim Skirt 124lv10
About the Item
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Dix hills, NY
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Louis Vuitton US Size 10 Denim Skirt 13lv34sBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dix hills, NYLouis Vuitton US Size 10 Denim Skirt 13lv34s Made In: France Measurements: Length: 25.5" Width: .2" Height: 29.5" Size: 42 OVERALL VERY GOOD CONDITION ( 7...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Skirts
- Palm Angels Men's XXXL Size 48 Paradise Heart Button Down Shirt 76pa78sLocated in Dix hills, NYDate Code/Serial Number: PMGA075S21FAB001 Made In: Italy Measurements: Length: 24" Width: .1" Height: 29" Size: 48 OVERALL _______ CONDITION ( 10/10 or ___ ) Accessories: Tags S...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Collars
- Louis Vuitton Grey Windbreaker Spring Jacket 61lz715sBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dix hills, NYDate Code/Serial Number: CA36929 Made In: Italy Measurements: Length: 21" Width: .2" Height: 29" OVERALL EXCELLENT CONDITION ( 9/10 or A ) Shoulders: 18" Pit to Pit: 21" Sleeve ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Jackets
- Louis Vuitton Men's XS Classic Grey LV Logo Zip Up Sweashirt Hoodie 120lv32By Louis VuittonLocated in Dix hills, NYLouis Vuitton Men's XS Classic Grey LV Logo Zip Up Sweashirt Hoodie 120lv32 Made In: Italy Measurements: Length: 18.5" Width: .3" Height: 25" Size: XS OVERALL VERY GOOD VINTAGE C...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Sweaters
- Gucci XXXL White Web Track Pants Jersey Sweat Pants Joggers 120g22By GucciLocated in Dix hills, NYGucci XXXL White Web Track Pants Jersey Sweat Pants Joggers 120g22 Made In: Italy Measurements: Length: 24" Width: .3" Height: 44.5" OVERALL VERY GOOD C...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Jeans
- Givenchy Women's 35.5 Silver x Black Urban Street Sneaker 119gi51By GivenchyLocated in Dix hills, NYGivenchy Women's 35.5 Silver x Black Urban Street Sneaker 119gi51 Date Code/Serial Number: DN 0241 Made In: Portugal Measurements: Length: 9.6" Width: 3.5" Height: 3.6" OVERALL N...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Boots
- Alexander McQueen 2003 Zipper Detail Pencil Skirt in Black and White TweedBy Alexander McQueenLocated in San Francisco, CAAlexander McQueen 2003 skirt in black and white tweed (reads a little grey to the eye.) . Back zip and hook and eye. Gold tone zips with leather...Category
Early 2000s Italian Pencil Skirts
- Michael Kors New Color Block PantsBy Michael KorsLocated in Water Mill, NYFabulous red, black and camel taupe polished cotton pants by Michael Kors. They are mid rise with a red waistband, a black panel across the front hips, and taupe front straight legs....Category
Early 2000s American Pants
- Yves Saint Laurent Black and White Geometric Print Silk Pencil Skirt YSLBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in San Francisco, CAYves Saint Laurent silk pencil skirt in a painterly black and white geometric print. Pockets at sides, side zip and button closure. 100% silk. Fully lined. Made in Italy. Size F...Category
2010s Italian Pencil Skirts
- Gianni Versace Couture Check Ruffle Skirt 1990sBy Gianni Versace, Gianni Versace CoutureLocated in Water Mill, NYA fabulous light weight wool in an off white and black hounds tooth print ruffle skirt from Gianni Versace Couture. It is pencil style with a waistband...Category
1990s Italian Ruffled Skirts
- Celine Iconic Blue Check Wool SkirtBy CelineLocated in Paris, FRCeline iconic blue wool skirt featuring a front logo gold tone chain, an ivory and a pale blue-grey check pattern, a center back zip opening, front pleats. 55% wool, 45%viscose Estim...Category
1980s French Pleated Skirts
- Alaia White and Green Floral Paisley Flair Bottom Pencil SkirtBy Azzedine AlaïaLocated in San Francisco, CAAzzedine Alaia early 2000s green and white paisley pencil skirt with flared ruffle bottom. Back zip and hook and eye. 100% cotton. Made in Italy. Labe...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Flare Skirts
Recently ViewedView All
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.