Chanel 2000 Black Boucle Three Piece Suit with Floral Multicolor Chiffon Trim
About the Item
- Dimensions:Marked Size: FR 36, best fits 2/4 (EU)Bust: 34 in (86.36 cm)Waist: 28 in (71.12 cm)Hip: 38 in (96.52 cm)
- Place of Origin:
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:San Francisco, CA
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU35424838313
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: San Francisco, CA
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Alexander Mcqueen 1998 Joan Skirt Suit with Zippered Jacket and Logo Red LiningBy Alexander McQueenLocated in San Francisco, CAVintage 1990s Alexander Mcqueen grey skirt suit from the 1998 Joan collection. Suit is made of a beautiful grey and black fabric with a light sheen. A...Category
1990s Italian Skirt Suits
- Sophie of Saks Sophie Gimbel Grey 1960s Skirt Suit in Grey and White Fuzzy WeaveBy Sophie GimbelLocated in San Francisco, CAVintage 1960s Sophie of Saks skirt suit in a super textured grey and white weave. Textured brassy colored metal buttons. Side zip and hook and loop clos...Category
1960s Unknown Skirt Suits
- Emanuel Ungaro 1990s Brown Grey Skirt Suit with Long JacketBy Emanuel UngaroLocated in San Francisco, CAEmanuel Ungaro Parallele skirt suit set. Blazer features a long silhouette with seamed detailing and a mandarin collar. Textured novelty buttons fasten the jacket at front and cuffli...Category
1990s Italian Skirt Suits
- Dolce & Gabbana Gold Sequin Cropped Jacket and Pencil Skirt Suit SetBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in San Francisco, CADolce & Gabbana gold sequin skirt suit featuring a slightly cropped jacket and pencil skirt with beige silk trim throughout and a grosgrain band a...Category
2010s Italian Cropped Jackets
- Jean Desses by IM Bagedonow Floral Skirt Suit, 1950s American CollectionBy Jean DessèsLocated in San Francisco, CABrown ditsy floral print skirt suit designed by Jean Desses and produced in the U.S. by I.M. Bagedonow. Approximate circa 1953. Jelly bean shaped buttons at front jacket, skirt faste...Category
1950s American Skirt Suits
- Moschino Cheap & Chic 1990s Black Question Mark Jacket and Skirt SuitBy MoschinoLocated in San Francisco, CAMoschino Cheap and Chic vintage 1990s black suit with velvet accents. Jacket features velvet collar and pockets, while skirt features a question mark that wraps around the skirt. Vel...Category
1990s Italian Skirt Suits
- Yves Saint Laurent Printed Panther Satin (attributed to) Skirt Suit Circa 1990By Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Toulon, FRCirca 1990 France Yves Saint Laurent Skirt suit without label from the 1990s. Set in printed panther silk satin. Crossed jacket with topstichting, large lapels and pockets. Transluc...Category
1990s French Skirt Suits
- Escada Margaretha Ley Vintage Trouser & Jacket Pant Suit Textured Blue CottonBy EscadaLocated in Portland, ORThis is a wonderful Escada vintage blue pantsuit with raised embroidered abstract lines across the jacket and pants. The pants are high waisted and butt...Category
1980s German Trouser Pant Suits
- Christian Dior by John Galliano blue denim cropped jacket and skirt set, ss 2000By John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in London, GB▪ Christian Dior indigo blue denim jacket and skirt 2 piece set ▪ Designed by John Galliano ▪ Cropped denim jacket ▪ Bias cut skirt with asymmetric waistline and hemline ▪ Gold log...Category
Early 2000s French Skirt Suits
- Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld black quilted nylon jumpsuit, fw 2011By Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in London, GB▪ Chanel jumpsuit ▪ Designed by Karl Lagerfeld ▪ Black quilted nylon ▪ Attached cropped jacket ▪ Zip fastenings ▪ FR 36 - UK 8 - US 4 ▪ Fall-Winter 2011 ▪ 98% Polyamide, 2% Poly...Category
2010s Italian Jumpsuits
- Alexander McQueen black cashmere 'Joan' jacket and skirt suit, fw 1998By Alexander McQueenLocated in London, GB▪ Alexander McQueen 'Joan' suit ▪ Museum piece ▪ Black cashmere ▪ Fitted jacket with buttoned inner bodice with standing shoulders ▪ Mid-length pencil skirt with large rear kick sp...Category
1990s Italian Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
- Louis Feraud Vintage Navy Blue and Red Linen Jacket and Skirt SuitBy Louis FeraudLocated in Portland, ORThis is a vintage Louis Feraud 1980's 2 piece linen skirt and jacket suit with red trim. The red trim runs down the sides of the jacket and skirt and arou...Category
1980s German Skirt Suits
Recently ViewedView All
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.