Chanel Green and Purple Cashmere Sweater
About the Item
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Costume National Grey Cashmere Long Knitted Cardigan with Both Sides Split CutBy Costume NationalLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s Costume National grey cashmere long knitted cardigan with both sides split cut. You can wear something underneath and treat it like a dress as well. Stylish and still ...Category
1990s Italian Cardigans
- Y's by Yohji Yamamoto Dark Navy Wool Long Sweater/DressBy Yohji YamamotoLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Y's by Yohji Yamamoto dark navy wool long sweater. You can also wear it as a dress. - Black seaming round neckline and hem. - Buttons closure. - Black ribbed cuff when roll u...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Japanese Sweaters
- Claude Montana Black Wool Patent Leather Trim High Neck Pullover SweaterBy Claude MontanaLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s Claude Montana black wool high neck pullover sweater - Featuring vertical patent leather trim in front. - Size 40. - Height: 26.25 inches. Sleeve: 25 inches. ...Category
1990s Italian Pullovers
- Unworn Chanel Black Cashmere Long Cardigan Sweater in Silver CC Turn-LockBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Unworn Chanel black cashmere long cardigan sweater. - Silver CC turn-locks closure. - Four front pockets. - Size 42.Category
2010s French Cardigans
- Sonia Rykiel Black Cotton Knitted Long Sleeves Cardigan with RhinestonesBy Sonia RykielLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Sonia Rykiel black cotton knitted long sleeves cardigan sweater. - Embedded rhinestones from front all the way to the sleeves . - Four front buttons closure. - V- neckline. ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Cardigans
- Chanel & Karl Lagerfeld runway Pre-Fall 2014 Paris-Dallas cashmere sweater jumpeBy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in Алматинский Почтамт, KZChanel & Karl Lagerfeld runway Pre-Fall 2014 Paris-Dallas cashmere sweater jumper Creative Director: Karl Lagerfeld Collection: Chanel Pre-Fall 2014 P...Category
2010s Italian Sweaters
- Maglia Missoni nuova con cartellinoBy M Missoni, MissoniLocated in Basaluzzo, ITIntrecci, sfumature e trasparenze rappresentano questa bellissima maglia targata Missoni. Il suo taglio leggermente a campana, come le maniche rendono sinuoso ed armonioso il mix cre...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian SweatersFree Shipping
- Wool sweater with snake print allover Roberto CavalliBy Roberto CavalliLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRWool sweater with snake print allover and lurex edge. Fabric composition: 85% wool, 15% elasthane SIZE XLCategory
Early 2000s Italian Pullovers
- Mohair sweater with XVIII century painting print Roberto CavalliBy Roberto CavalliLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRMohair sweater with XVIII century painting print. Fabric composition: 80% mohair, 20% nylon. SIZE LCategory
Early 2000s Italian Pullovers
- Purple draped rayon asymmetrical sweater Jean-Paul Gaultier Maille FemmeBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRPurple draped rayon asymmetrical sweater. Fabric composition: 100% rayon. SIZE MCategory
Early 2000s Italian Pullovers
Recently ViewedView All
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.