- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Louis Vuitton Monogram Artsy MM
- DimensionsHeight: 12.5 in (31.75 cm)Depth: 8 in (20.32 cm)Length: 16 in (40.64 cm)
- Place of Origin
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Good - the leather handle shows light patina and marks, minor hardware tarnish and the interior has pen stains. Cracking to canvas around the opening of the bag.
- Seller LocationMontreal, CA
- Reference NumberSeller: SD01621stDibs: LU2172212084842
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Montreal, Canada
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
- Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Hampstead PMBy Louis VuittonLocated in Montreal, QuebecThis bag is made of brown coated canvas with Damier Ebene pattern and features chocolate brown leather finishes, gold tone hardware, dual shoulder straps and red alcantara interior l...Category
Early 2000s American Shoulder Bags
- Chanel Black Patent Leather Paris-Shanghai Expandable Tote GSTBy Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in Montreal, QuebecMSRP: $3500 Designer: Chanel Material: Patent Leather Lining: Nylon Hardware: Silver Origin: Italy Serial Number: 13525260 Year: 2009-2010 Dimensions: 13"L x 12”H x 6"W (e...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Tote Bags
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Neverfull Tote GM (2009)By Louis VuittonLocated in Montreal, QuebecThis tote is made of classic Louis Vuitton monogram coated canvas. The bag features vachetta cowhide leather shoulder straps, trim and side cinch cords, with polished brass hardware....Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Tote Bags
- Louis Vuitton Damier Azur Totally PM Bag (2009)By Louis VuittonLocated in Montreal, QuebecThis style is called Totally and the bag is made with white coated canvas with Damier Azur pattern and features vachetta leather finishes, brass hardware, dual flat leather shoulder ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Tote Bags
- Louis Vuitton Game On Neverfull MM White (2020)By Louis VuittonLocated in Montreal, QuebecThis tote bag is made of Louis Vuitton monogram on coated canvas in white with red hearts and multicolor monograms. The bag features flat black leather top handles, side cinch cords,...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Spanish Tote Bags
- Louis Vuitton Khaki/White City Stream MM Tote HandbagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Montreal, QuebecThis style of City Steamer bag by LV is made of calfskin leather in khaki/olive green & off white features gold toned hardware, black piping, black rolled leather top handles, a deta...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Tote Bags
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Gm Leather Tote Tivoli Shoulder Bag LV-0602N-0016By Louis VuittonLocated in Downey, CALouis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Gm Leather Tote Tivoli Shoulder Bag LV-0602N-0016 The Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Tivoli GM has fashion and functionality all rolled into one. With i...Category
2010s French Tote Bags
- LOUIS VUITTON Brown Monogram Coated Canvas and Vachetta Leather Vintage PetitNoéBy Louis VuittonLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireLOUIS VUITTON Brown Monogram Coated Canvas and Vachetta Leather Vintage Petit Noé Xupes Reference: HB4798 Serial Number: AR0930 Age (Circa): 1990 Authenticity Details: Date Stamp (M...Category
1990s French Bucket Bags and Drawstring Bags
- LOUIS VUITTON Brown Monogram Coated Canvas & Camel Calfskin Leather OlympeBy Louis VuittonLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireLOUIS VUITTON Brown Monogram Coated Canvas & Camel Calfskin Leather Olympe Xupes Reference: CB678 Serial Number: SP3102 Age (Circa): 2012 Accompanied By: Louis Vuitton Dust Bag Auth...Category
2010s French Tote Bags$1,987Free Shipping
- LOUIS VUITTON Black Patent Leather & Caramel Embossed Calfskin Leather PollyBy Louis VuittonLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireLOUIS VUITTON Black Patent Leather & Caramel Embossed Calfskin Leather Polly Xupes Reference: CB679 Serial Number: AR0096 Age (Circa): 2006 Accompanied By: Louis Vuitton Dust Bag Au...Category
Early 2000s French Structured Shoulder Bags$1,117Free Shipping
- LOUIS VUITTON Brown Monogram Coated Canvas & Vachetta Leather Vintage BoetieBy Louis VuittonLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireLOUIS VUITTON Brown Monogram Coated Canvas & Vachetta Leather Vintage Boetie Xupes Reference: CB677 Serial Number: SR2010 Age (Circa): 2000 Accompanied By: Louis Vuitton Dust Bag Au...Category
Early 2000s French Structured Shoulder Bags$1,179Free Shipping
- Louis Vuitton Limited edition monogram bordeaux aviator bagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Capri, ITLouis Vuitton Limited edition monogram bordeaux aviator bag The bag is crafted of canvas crafted of steel lame Louis Vuitton monogram pattern jacquard woven fabric comprised of 48% W...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Shoulder Bags
Recently ViewedView More
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.