- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Louis Vuitton Rose Florentine Monogram Vernis Brea GM Bag
About the Item
- Dimensions:Height: 10.63 in (27 cm)Width: 5.52 in (14 cm)Length: 14.57 in (37 cm)
- Style:Brea GM (In the Style Of)
- Place of Origin:France
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Fair EXTERIOR: Visible discoloration / darkening / stain marks / scuffs. HANDLE(S): Visible darkening / scuffs. LINING: Visible darkening / whiten marks. HARDWARE: Visible scratches / discoloration. STRAP: Visible darkening / scuffs.
- Seller Location:Dubai, AE
- Reference Number:Seller: 5188541stDibs: LU1310118711472
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
On 1stDibs, the unmistakable insignia can be found on both modern and vintage Louis Vuitton shoulder bags, suitcases, original 19th-century trunks, jackets and more.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Louis Vuitton Black Suhali Leather Le Majestueux BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Sleek and chic, this LV tote in classic black is part of the Suhali collection. Made from quality leather, this bag is accented with smooth leather accents at the corners, a leather ...Category
2010s French Tote Bags$2,544 Sale Price29% Off
- Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Canvas Hampstead MM BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Handbags from Louis Vuitton enjoy widespread popularity owing to their high style and functionality. This Hampstead bag is no exception. Crafted from their signature Damier Ebene can...Category
2010s French Tote Bags
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Epice Gaia BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2This stylish Louis Vuitton bag is a masterpiece. Armed with signature elements, it has been crafted from monogram canvas and leather. The bag is adorned with a padlock & ket detail, ...Category
2010s French Tote Bags
- Louis Vuitton Indigo Monogram Vernis Houston BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2All of the handbags by Louis Vuitton are sought after by women around the world as they are all designed in a distinct style. This Houston...Category
2010s Italian Tote Bags
- Louis Vuitton Red/Purple Canvas Antigua Cabas PM BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Flaunt this easy-to-carry Louis Vuitton Antigua Cabas bag on your next outing. Crafted from red & purple canvas the bag flaunts the brand plate ...Category
2010s French Tote Bags
- Louis Vuitton Amarante Monogram Vernis Wilshire MM BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Louis Vuitton's handbags are popular owing to their high style and functionality. This Wilshire bag, like all the other handbags, is durable and stylish. Crafted from Monogram Vernis...Category
2010s French Tote Bags
- Louis Vuitton Off-White Monogram Mahina Cirrus PM BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Scottsdale, AZNOW TRENDING: Slouchy oversized bags! Ensure your daily essentials are in order and your outfit is complete with this designer Louis Vuitton bag. This Louis Vuitton PM Cirrus Mahina Handbag is crafted of the best materials in a perforated Monogram Mahina leather. The push lock closure opens to a dark grey alcantara lined interior with one zip pocket against the back and two open pockets against the front. It features the gold-tone signature Louis Vuitton press...Category
2010s Italian Hobo Bags
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Giant Reverse Canvas Onthego GM ToteBy Louis VuittonLocated in Scottsdale, AZFashioned from Monogram Giant canvas, the On The Go tote bag is as striking as it is practical. A Monogram Reverse pattern on the sides and handles creates a stylish contrast in colo...Category
2010s American Tote Bags
- Louis Vuitton Black Empreinte Monogram Giant Onthego MMBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYListing Title: Louis Vuitton Black Empreinte Monogram Giant Onthego MM SKU: 125720 MSRP: 3400.00 Condition: Pre-owned Handbag Condition: Excellent Condition Comments: Excellent Condition. Scuffing at corners. Faint marks at interior. Brand: Louis Vuitton Model: Louis Vuitton Empreinte Monogram Giant...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Tote Bags
- Louis Vuitton Monogram & Monogram Reverse Canvas Onthego GMBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYListing Title: Louis Vuitton Monogram & Monogram Reverse Canvas Onthego GM SKU: 124957 MSRP: 3250.00 Condition: Pre-owned Handbag Condition: Very Good Condition Comments: Very Good ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Tote Bags
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Jungle Onthego GMBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYListing Title: Louis Vuitton Monogram Jungle Onthego GM SKU: 119898 Condition: Pre-owned (3000) Handbag Condition: Very Good Condition Comments: Minor sc...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Tote Bags
- Louis Vuitton Palermo PM Monogram Canvas Shoulder Tote Bag M40145By Louis VuittonLocated in Freehold, NJPre-Owned 100% Authentic Louis Vuitton Palermo PM Monogram Canvas Bag W/added insert to help keep upright and Organize RATING: B very g...Category
Early 2000s French Structured Shoulder Bags
Recently ViewedView More
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery