- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Christian LaCroix Custom Floor Standing Store / Runway Sculptures
- CreatorChristian Lacroix (Fashion House)
- DimensionsHeight: 65 in (165.1 cm)Width: 18 in (45.72 cm)Depth: 8.75 in (22.23 cm)
- Sold AsSet of 2
- StyleModern (Of the Period)
- Materials and TechniquesSteel,Enameled,Molded
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1990s
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Very good overall with age and wear to uprights and logos. Bases show greater age, wear and surface rust and are beginning to peel in spots. No structural damages. Please inquire for custom repainting options.
- Seller LocationBrooklyn, NY
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU88262984312
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Brooklyn, NY
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Fashion House
The iconic French fashion designer, whose body of work includes handbags and purses, evening dresses, jackets and lots more, has always favored theater over fashion. He has long integrated corsets and bustles into his work, drawing on diverse cultures and citing epic historical dramas as inspirations. Today he is creating opera costumes, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that his colorful and voluminous garments captured the excesses and defined the extravagant frivolity of the 1980s as well as the sensuality and boldness of the 1990s.
Lacroix studied art history at the University of Montpellier and museum studies at École du Louvre and the Sorbonne in Paris. He aspired to become a museum curator or costume designer but instead entered the world of fashion, specifically haute couture, with the support of his now-wife Françoise Rosenthiel, who helped get his sketches to Hermès. Lacroix was offered an assistant job at the legendary luxury brand and later worked as a designer at the House of Patou in 1981.
Lacroix’s career flourished and his profile soared from then on, as he established his own label in 1987, using layers of fabric and consistently clashing prints in his designs for opulent pouf skirts, vibrant floral maxi day dresses as well as jewelry and watches that commanded attention. He created a ready-to-wear line for Italian manufacturer Genny and dressed dancers at the American Ballet Theatre company.
Lacroix became the artistic director of Italian fashion house Emilio Pucci in 2002, and, over time, he continued to secure work in the fields of theater, opera and other performance art, designing costumes for a range of stage productions. Alongside designs by Stella McCartney, Karl Lagerfeld and others, Madonna wore a corset during her 2004 “Re-Invention World Tour” that was created for her by Lacroix.
Today, the maison founded by the designer in 1987 is owned by the Falic Fashion Group, but Lacroix continues to design womenswear for brands such as Desigual as well as for the stage. His larger-than-life aesthetic has also been translated into a range of accessories and fragrances as well as various interior furnishings such as tableware and household linens. Lacroix has completed interior design projects at a number of hotels and has partnered with the likes of Christofle and other firms over the years. In whatever form it takes, the sumptuousness and glamour of a Lacroix design is unmistakable.
Find a range of vintage Christian Lacroix clothing, jewelry and accessories on 1stDibs.
- Surrealist Bronze Female Nude Abstract Sculpture, Mid 20th CenturyLocated in Brooklyn, NYA solid bronze desktop sculpture in surrealist style and with a spectacular, rich surface patina. Beautifully executed and the perfect size to double as a paperweight. Bears original...Category
20th Century Modern Abstract SculpturesMaterials
- Trompe L’oeil Sculpture in Polished Cast StoneLocated in Brooklyn, NYA highly effective trompe l’oeil tabletop sculpture formed in tinted and polished solid cast stone to resemble a leather pouf. Well-executed by an anonymous artist. European in origi...Category
Late 20th Century Abstract SculpturesMaterials
- Tapio Wirkkala Kinetic Silver Moon 'Hopeakuu' Pendant, 1974By Tapio WirkkalaLocated in Brooklyn, NYAn original Hopeakuu ("silver moon") pendant designed by Tapio Wirkkala, comprising nine concentric rings that move independently around a small orb at the end of a vertical support,...Category
Mid-20th Century Finnish Scandinavian Modern Collectible JewelryMaterials
- Zoë Powell, Ceramic Vessel 05, Perianth Series, 2021By Zoë PowellLocated in Brooklyn, NYTitle: Perianth 05 Year: 2021 Freeform ceramic sculpture made from a blend of porcelaneous and stoneware clays hand-collected by the artist in Minnesota. Its surface is hand-polishe...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Organic Modern Abstract SculpturesMaterials
- Renato Bassoli Pair of Glazed Ceramic Sassi Vases, 1950sBy Renato BassoliLocated in Brooklyn, NYA pair of glazed earthenware Sassi (stones) sculptures in shades of Mediterranean blue and sea foam green by Renato Bassoli (1915-1982). Bassoli was a multi-disciplined artist with e...Category
Mid-20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern VasesMaterials
- John Prip Sterling Silver and Granite River Stone Lidded BoxBy John PripLocated in Brooklyn, NYA sublime box handcrafted by American silversmith, John Prip, comprising a hollowed and polished granite river stone inset with rim and finished with a handwrought lid, both in sterl...Category
20th Century American Organic Modern Decorative BoxesMaterials
Granite, Sterling Silver
- 17th Century European Justitia Wooden Sculpture Standing on Gold Gilded PedestalLocated in Malaga, ES17th century "Justitia" hand carved wooden painted sculpture standing on a gold gilded baroque pedestal. Missing pieces. Dimensions: 67 cm tall with pedestal.Category
Antique 17th Century European Figurative SculpturesMaterials
- French Figurative Bronze Gas Cigar Store DisplayLocated in Hamilton, OntarioMade in Paris France, antique 19th century bronze African Pygmy playing cymbals with a cigar in mouth. The cigar can be lit with gas, the gas valve fitting on the back is in working ...Category
Antique Late 19th Century French Figurative SculpturesMaterials
- Hand Carved Floor Sculpture of a Golfer in Knickerbocker & Scottish Tartan SocksLocated in Lisse, NLLarge and rare, solid wooden vintage golfer sculpture with glass eyes. This golfer in his early to mid 20th century golf outfit is ready to take on the Augusta National and he is ...Category
20th Century European Other Sports Equipment and MemorabiliaMaterials
- 1950s Store Display Mannequin Child, Tyrol Clothing, Kathe Kruse StyleLocated in Antwerp, BECute little 1950s mannequin child, shop display child, store window doll. Made in the style of Kathe Kruse, a well known German Doll Company. The boy has low hanging cheeks and fin...Category
Mid-20th Century European Mid-Century Modern BustsMaterials
- His Masters Voice Large Advertising Paper Mache RCA Store Display 'Nipper' DogBy Old King ColeLocated in Hamilton, OntarioThis large advertising store display 'Nipper' dog was made by the Old King Cole Company of Ohio, and dates to approximately 1920 and done in a period Art Deco style. The sculpture is...Category
Early 20th Century American Art Deco Animal SculpturesMaterials
- Bronze Sculpture of a Standing Bull by Christian MaasBy Christian MaasLocated in Donhead St Mary, WiltshireA bronze sculpture of a standing bull by Christian Maas, signed and stamped 6/8 with Christian Maas' personal foundry stamp. Christian Maas is a French sculptor who started sculptin...Category
Late 20th Century French Brutalist Animal SculpturesMaterials