Items Similar to Early 19th Century English Derby Imari Japan Pattern Plates View More
Early 19th Century English Derby Imari Japan Pattern Plates
These English porcelain plates are decorated in an ornate Imari pattern and were made by Derby at their Nottingham Road factory, which was in operation from 1756-1848. The manufactory was granted the right by George II to use the crown as part of the Derby mark in 1775. Derby moved its operations to King Street in 1848 and then to Osmaston Road in 1877, where they are currently in production. These Imari plates are finished in a rich palette of underglaze cobalt blue and overglaze shades of iron red, and have been heavily embellished in gilt. The pattern is quite intricate and features a series of foliate shapes along with floral detail. A striking set in fine condition.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1806-1825
- Materials and TechniquesGilt,Glazed
- Condition DetailsMinor wear to gilt and slight edge chips related to age
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 1.25 in. x Dm 10 in.H 3.18 cm x Dm 25.4 cm
- Diameter10 in. (25.4 cm)
- Seller LocationCincinnati, OH
- Seller Reference Number112603509
- Sold AsSet of 2
- Reference NumberLU119123938073
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2015
Located in Cincinnati, OH
More From This Seller
Early 20th Century Loring Andrews Sterling Silver Repousse Castle Pattern Vase
By Loring Andrews & Co
Early 20th Century Loring Andrews Sterling Silv...
Loring Andrews & Co
Early 20th Century American Edwardian Vases
This elegant early 20th century sterling silver bud vase has a traditional trumpet form with a wide pedestal base and has been finished in the highly desirable Castle pattern. The or...
Early 20th Century Crown Staffordshire Gilt Porcelain Presentation Plates
By Crown Staffordshire
$3,750 / set
Early 20th Century Crown Staffordshire Gilt Por...
Early 20th Century English Art Nouveau Dinner Plates
This rare set of 12 English porcelain presentation plates was made by Crown Staffordshire and features heavy gilt decoration. The pieces have an intricate pattern consisting of a cen...
19th Century Chinese Huanghuali Mirrored Jewelr...
Antique Late 19th Century Chinese Jewelry Boxes
This mirrored Chinese jewelry chest is composed of rosewood and features three drawers with brass mountings. The top section of the piece lifts up to reveal a rectangular mirror fram...
Royal Worcester James Stinton Cased Coffee Set with Enameled Sterling Spoons
By Royal Worcester
$2,750 / set
Royal Worcester James Stinton Cased Coffee Set ...
Royal Worcester, James Stinton
Vintage 1920s English Victorian Porcelain
Enamel, Porcelain, Sterling Silver
This English porcelain coffee set was manufactured by Royal Worcester and consists of six porcelain cups and six saucers along with six hand-painted enameled sterling silver spoons. ...