- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Big Easy Armchair by Ron Arad for Moroso
About the Item
- Dimensions:Height: 38.59 in (98 cm)Width: 48.82 in (124 cm)Depth: 36.23 in (92 cm)Seat Height: 17.72 in (45 cm)
- Style:Post-Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:2000-2010
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Izegem, BE
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU7230230262862
Known for a legacy of material innovation and quality craftsmanship, Moroso produces sophisticated upholstered furniture for the hospitality sector and the luxury residential market. Since 1952, the manufacturer has been merging research and its tradition of forward-thinking design to create iconic sofas, chairs, tables and other furnishings.
Moroso was founded in Udine, Italy, by husband-and-wife team Agostino and Diana Moroso. Now under the artistic direction of the founders’ daughter, Patrizia Moroso, the manufacturer is one of Italy’s last family-owned furniture companies. Since its mid-century inception, Moroso has collaborated with many distinguished designers.
Swiss-Argentinian product designer Alfredo Häberli fashioned the Taba collection, including a sofa, two armchairs and several ottomans. Spanish architect and furniture maker Patricia Urquiola’s contribution to the Moroso family of products is vast, spanning a relationship that started in 1998. This includes the design of Patrizia Moroso’s private residence in northern Italy and a Lake Como hotel where the texture-rich, naturally hued guest suites also contain a selection of Urquiola furniture. Israeli designer Ron Arad is known for working with metal and for his thoughtful integration of technology in his furnishings. His Soft Heart rocking chair for the brand is built on a steel core. In 2009, Moroso partnered with fashion brand Diesel as well to create a furniture line featuring informal, distinctive and comfortable pieces.
Moroso is committed to environmental sustainability. In 1994 the company was awarded ISO 9001 production process certification by the International Organization for Standardization and ISO 14001 five years later.
Moroso’s furniture has been a part of exhibitions at museums worldwide, including MoMA in New York, Le Palais de Tokyo, Grand Palais in Paris, and the Victoria & Albert Museum in London. They have also appeared in the Venice Biennale.
On 1stDibs, find a collection of Moroso chairs, armchairs, tables and dining room chairs.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Izegem, Belgium
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.
- Cubic FM60 Chairs & Table by Radboud van Beekum for PastoeBy Pastoe, Radboud Van BeekumLocated in Izegem, VWVCharacteristic set of two FM62 Cubic chairs designed by Radboud van Beekum for Pastoe the Netherlands in the 1980s. The Chairs come with a dark grey lacquered square metal frame...Category
Late 20th Century Dutch Post-Modern Club ChairsMaterials
- Swivel Re.Lounge Armchairs by Burkhard Vogtherr for König & NeurathBy Burkhard VogtherrLocated in Izegem, VWVThe Re.Lounge armchair was produced by König + Neurath for very relaxed sitting and good conversation. A beautifully designed quality chair that offers unprecedented comfort due to...Category
Early 2000s German Space Age ArmchairsMaterials
- Rare F572 Slipper Chair by Pierre Paulin for ArtifortBy Artifort, Pierre PaulinLocated in Izegem, VWVOrganic lounge chair F572 designed by Pierre Paulin for Artifort in 1967. This model has only been in production for a year and therefore very rare. The blue Artifort ink stamp is p...Category
Mid-20th Century Dutch Space Age Slipper ChairsMaterials
- Art Deco Galaxy Highback Armchair by Umberto Asnago for Giorgetti, 1980sBy Umberto Asnago, Giorgetti S.p.A.Located in Izegem, VWVThis stylish highback Peggy armchairs, from the Galaxy series, was designed by Umberto Asnago for the renowned Italian furniture maker Giorgetti. Ex...Category
Late 20th Century Italian Art Deco ArmchairsMaterials
- Papaia Lounge Chairs and Ottoman by Ammannati & Vitelli for Rossi di AlbizzateBy Giampiero Vitelli, Titina Ammanati, Rossi di AlbizzateLocated in Izegem, VWVThese fiberglass lounge chairs are designed by Titina Ammannati & Giampiero Vitelli for Rossi di Albizzate in the 1970s. Two cosy Papaia space age chairs in a soft orange velvet up...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Space Age Lounge ChairsMaterials
Fabric, Velvet, Fiberglass, Polyester
- Coral Orange Slice Lounge Chairs by Pierre Paulin for Artifort, Set of 2By Pierre Paulin, ArtifortLocated in Izegem, VWVThe F437 lounge chair, commonly known as the Orange Slice chair was created by French designer Pierre Paulin in 1960 and is one of the most popular design armchairs in the world. The...Category
Mid-20th Century Space Age Lounge ChairsMaterials
- Red Soft Big Easy Armchair by Ron Arad for MorosoBy Moroso, Ron AradLocated in Brooklyn, NYRon Arad's big easy collection began as a steel chair designed in 1988 and has since been translated into other forms by reinterpreting the materials and production processes necessary to bring it to life. The Soft Big Easy...Category
Late 20th Century Post-Modern ArmchairsMaterials
Steel$3,080 Sale Price20% Off
- Ron Arad "Soft Big Easy" Chair, 1988, Moroso, ItalyBy Moroso, Ron AradLocated in Delft, NLRon Arad (1951-) "Soft Big Easy" chair, 1988, Moroso, Italy Gray upholstered armchair Performance Moroso, Italy Design 1988 Marked bottom with a...Category
20th Century Italian Club ChairsMaterials
- Big-E, Armchair by Ron Arad for Moroso, Italy, 1990sBy Ron AradLocated in Greding, DELarge red armchair out of plastic. Signed on the back “Big-E by Ron Arad for MOROSO”.Category
1990s Italian Organic Modern ArmchairsMaterials
- Big-E Armchair Designed in 1991 by Ron Arad for Moroso, ItalyBy Ron Arad, MorosoLocated in Zagreb, HRIconic postmodern Big-E ( Big Easy ) armchair designed by Ron Arad in 1991 This is a lacquered version produced by Italian company Moroso in the early 2000s The chair is in goo...Category
1990s Italian Post-Modern ArmchairsMaterials
- Ron Arad Little Albert Armchair for MorosoBy Moroso, Ron AradLocated in Kawaguchi city, Saitama"Little Albert" armchair is a part of Victoria and Albert Collection designed by Ron Arad for Moroso in 2000. Polystyrene.Category
Early 2000s Italian ArmchairsMaterials
Polystyrene$2,000 / item
- Big Easy 1990s Ron Arad Design for Moroso Italian Postmodern Lounge ChairBy Ron AradLocated in Biella, ITRon Arad big easy armchair by Moroso Italy years '90, material; polietilene glossy red, this is a red lacquered version designed bin years 1991. Good...Category
Early 2000s Italian Modern ArmchairsMaterials
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery