- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Cassina by Jaime Hayon Vico Purple Two Seater Sofa
About the Item
- Creator:Cassina (Manufacturer),Jaime Hayon (Designer)
- Dimensions:Height: 29.14 in (74 cm)Width: 68.9 in (175 cm)Depth: 36.23 in (92 cm)
- Style:Modern (In the Style Of)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:2014
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. This item is in fair condition, with some light wear on the edges and marks to the metal legs as pictured.
- Seller Location:London, GB
- Reference Number:Seller: S000761stDibs: LU4510231071542
Furniture manufacturer Cassina is a prolific design house for more reasons than one: It not only owns the licenses to an exquisite collection of iconic chairs, sofas, tables and other pieces from the 20th and 21st centuries but also produces original works that are characterized by innovation and the finest Italian craftsmanship.
Cassina’s illustrious legacy includes being one of the first companies to bring industrial design to Italy in the 1950s. Founded in 1927 in Meda, Italy, by brothers Cesare and Umberto Cassina, the Italian manufacturing giant originally specialized in bespoke woodworking. In nearly a century since its founding, the company has shown incredible foresight about design trends and the evolution of technology.
In 1964, Cassina signed an exclusive licensing agreement to manufacture furniture by Le Corbusier and his collaborators — such as the LC4 chaise longue made with trailblazing French modernist Charlotte Perriand and Pierre Jeanneret — a move that would shape the future of the company. Cassina’s I Maestri collection is an ongoing initiative to restyle landmark designs from the 20th century, such as pieces by Gerrit Rietveld (the Red and Blue armchair from 1918), Charles Rennie Mackintosh, Erik Gunnar Asplund, Franco Albini and Frank Lloyd Wright. The company preserves the intentions and original styles of their designs but adds updated techniques, materials and processes — rendering them the best possible combination of past, present and future. The brand has also worked with contemporary icons like Zaha Hadid, Gio Ponti and Philippe Starck.
Cassina’s original designs are cutting-edge as well. They include pieces for everyday use, the development of which is guided by comfort and the marriage of Italian craftsmanship with industrial technology.
Some of Cassina’s pieces, both from its contemporary and I Maestri collections, can be found in the collections of museums like the Museum of Modern Art and the Vitra Design Museum. In 2014, the company became part of Haworth in its acquisition of Italian furniture group Poltrona Frau, and in 2015, Spanish designer Patricia Urquiola joined Cassina as its art director, leading the brand into its next century of inventive style.
Find a collection of new and vintage Cassina furniture on 1stDibs.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
- Cassina by Jaime Hayon Vico Purple Sofa and Armchairs, Set of 3By Jaime Hayon, CassinaLocated in London, GBFirst presented at the Salone del Mobile in 2014, the Vico seating collection was designed by Jaime Hayon for Cassina and named after his son. Inspired by the Cassina archives, Hayo...Category
2010s Italian Modern ArmchairsMaterials
Aluminum$5,339 Sale Price / set30% Off
- Cassina by Jaime Hayon Vico Purple Armchairs, Set of 2By Jaime Hayon, CassinaLocated in London, GBFirst presented at the Salone del Mobile in 2014, the Vico seating collection was designed by Jaime Hayon for Cassina and named after his son. Inspired by the Cassina archives, Ha...Category
2010s Italian ArmchairsMaterials
Aluminum$2,801 Sale Price / set30% Off
- Fritz Hansen by Jaime Hayón Grey Favn Three Seater SofaBy Fritz Hansen, Jaime HayonLocated in London, GBDesigned by Jaime Hayón for Fritz Hansen, the Favn sofa was named after the Danish word for 'embrace'. The compact design features a soft curvaceous si...Category
2010s Danish Scandinavian Modern SofasMaterials
- Fritz Hansen by Jaime Hayon Blue & Grey RO SofaBy Fritz Hansen, Jaime HayonLocated in London, GBDesigned by Jaime Hayon for Fritz Hansen, the RO sofa is named after the Danish word for ‘tranquility’. The soft curves of the sofa combined with the high backrest creates a cocoo...Category
2010s Polish SofasMaterials
- Cassina by Philippe Starck Grey Fabric Mister 4 Seater SofaBy Philippe Starck, CassinaLocated in London, GBA fantastic example of contemporary design, this Mister sofa is designed by Philippe Starck for Cassina. The sofa has a low back and deep seating, fu...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian SofasMaterials
- Cassina Leather LC3 Grand Confort 3-Seat SofaBy Pierre Jeanneret, Charlotte Perriand, Cassina, Le CorbusierLocated in London, GBOriginally designed in 1928 by Le Corbusier, Pierre Jeanneret and Charlotte Perriand, the LC3 sofa has since become a design icon and was re-issued by Cassina in 1965. One of the ...Category
2010s Italian SofasMaterials
- Curved Velvet Sofa in Dark Green VelvetLocated in New York, NYThe Sofa inspires itself nature where green is the predominant element and where valleys and hills prevail. The item’s details allow it to be the perfect statement piece for any cont...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Portuguese Modern SofasMaterials
Velvet, Walnut$11,400 / item
- Mid-Century 366 Armchair in Orange Velvet, by Jozef Chierowski, Europe 1960sBy Jozef ChierowskiLocated in 05-080 Hornowek, PLThe 366 armchair is an icon of the polish design of the PRL period. The famous armchair was designed in 1962 by the Polish interior designer and furniture designer Jozef Marian Chierowski. Produced in the Lower Silesian Furniture Factory in Swiebodzice. The chair has a simple, modernist form. It consists of an upholstered seat combined with a wooden backrest. The organic shape is typical of the 1960s style. The chair is very ergonomic and comfortable, as the furniture designs of that time were largely focused on the user. Due to its small size, the furniture fits perfectly into the interiors of contemporary apartments, perfectly meeting the needs of customers. The chair is in perfect condition after a professional renovation. We can prepare this set also in another wood and fabric color. About the fabric: This is special collection of velvet in a stunning color range of more than 100 different shades of both pure classic and non-obvious pastel broken colors. The colour palette has been created with extreme attention following the most recent trends. The unique feature of this fabric is its producing in nanotechnologies, so called WATER CLEAN, which gives it a high resistance to stains and facilitates the removal of stains from coffee, chocolate and even ink. This fabric is a perfect imitation of cotton velvet, gives the effect of softness and matte surface which works very well in heavy curtains...Category
20th Century Polish Mid-Century Modern ArmchairsMaterials
- Giovanni Offredi for Saporiti Sofa in Floral Upholstery and AshBy SaporitiLocated in Waalwijk, NLGiovanni Offredi for Saporiti, sofa, ash, fabric, Italy, 1970s This charming Italian sofa comes with a delicate upholstery featuring a light blue overtone decorated with an illustr...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern SofasMaterials
- Bellhop Grey Blue Portable Rechargeable Wireless Desk or Table Lamp for FLOSBy Edward Barber and Jay Osgerby, FlosLocated in New York, NYFLOS Bellhop T Table Lamp in Grey Blue by Edward Barber & Jay Osgerby Portable, rechargeable and wireless, Bellhop is a sleek modern LED tabletop l...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Modern Table LampsMaterials
- Champs (Fields); from the Carnegie Hall Centennial Fine Art portfolioBy Joan MitchellLocated in Fairfield, CTArtist: Joan Mitchell (1925-1992) Title: Champs (Fields); from the Carnegie Hall Centennial Fine Art portfolio Year: 1990 Edition: 60, plus 13 artist’...Category
1990s Abstract Expressionist Abstract PrintsMaterials
Lithograph$96,000 Sale Price20% Off
- Fine Taxidermy 5 Meter Nile Crocodile by Sinke & Van TongerenBy Sinke & Van TongerenLocated in Haarlem, NLKING OF THE MUSEUM Since we started, we always wanted to make a very large crocodile. Wishful thinking, we thought it was. But now we were able to do so. We were lucky we could obtain a Nile crocodile...Category
21st Century and Contemporary European Victorian TaxidermyMaterials
- Roly Poly Armchair in Black by Faye Toogood with Casentino cushionsBy Faye Toogood, DriadeLocated in Brooklyn, NYDuplex launches DUPLEX X CASENTINO. The iconic Roly Poly armchair designed by Faye Toogood and manufactured by Driade, with the exclusive cushions in the ancient Casentino cloth from...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian ChairsMaterials
- Wheeled mesciacqua with loops, black glaze, black nylon rope, Gatti 1928 FaenzaBy Ceramica Gatti 1928, Andrea AnastasioLocated in Faenza, ITMesciacqua foggiato al tornio con anse, smalto nero, corda nylon nera. Queste ceramiche provengono dalla tradizione contadina. Forme di secolare presenza, dettate da specifiche funz...Category
2010s Italian Modern CeramicsMaterials
- Mid-Century Modern "Cubo" Sofa by Brazilian Designer Jorge ZalszupinBy Jorge ZalszupinLocated in Clifton, NJThis recently upholstered cubo (Cube) sofa was designed by Jorge Zalszupin (1922-2020) in the 1970s. The elegance, a feature of Zalszupin designs, on this piece does not come from ...Category
Vintage 1970s Brazilian Mid-Century Modern SofasMaterials
- Cassina "Aki" Swivel Chair in Blood Orange by Toshiyuki KitaBy Toshiyuki Kita, CassinaLocated in Grand Cayman, KYHuggable darling of the Postmodern office or living room. The K06 01 Aki chair by Toshiyuki Kita for Cassina adds a punch of comfortable style, informal and playful, yet capable of b...Category
Early 2000s Italian Post-Modern ChairsMaterials
- Two-Seat Maralunga Leather Sofa by Vico Magistretti for CassinaBy Cassina, Vico MagistrettiLocated in Voorburg, NLA wonderful Maralunga sofa by Vico Magistretti for Cassina. This beauty was designed in 1973 and quickly became a design Classic. Its clever design incorporates manipulatable back cu...Category
Mid-20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern SofasMaterials
- Vintage 'Maralunga' Two-Seater Sofa by Vico Magistretti for CassinaBy Cassina, Vico MagistrettiLocated in Zagreb, HRVery exciting and rare, 1970s designed original iconic 'Maralunga' two-seater sofa, designed by Vico Magistretti for Cassina. Labeled with the original Cassina label. Early 2000s...Category
Early 2000s Italian Mid-Century Modern SofasMaterials
- Vintage Veranda Two Seater Sofa by Vico Magistretti for Cassina, 1980sBy Cassina, Vico MagistrettiLocated in HEVERLEE, BEVintage red fabric veranda two seater sofa/daybed designed by Vico Magistretti for Cassina. Beautiful lively red colour and black lacquered metal frame. The chair is adjustable...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian SofasMaterials
- 3-Seater Maralunga Sofa by Vico Magistretti for CassinaBy Cassina, Vico MagistrettiLocated in Grand Cayman, KYIconic Mid-Century Modern "Maralunga" 3-seater sofas / armchairs by Vico Magistretti for Cassina. This example features green-grey velvet with colored pattern. While the fabric holds strong, re-covering in new fabric is recommended. Head / backrests are adjustable for a cheeky look that never fails to turn heads in the living room. They are also extremely comfortable. The height of the sofa with fully extended headrest is 40 in (100 cm) and 30 in (71 cm) when fully compressed. It has been professionally laundered and is clean, however, the fabric remains discolored. Structurally sound in every respect and an excellent candidates for re-covering according to decorator's desire. While origin stories behind the world’s timeless designs vary widely, the story of the Maralunga sofa is one of the best in design lore: As legend has it, when Cassina founder Cesare Cassina first saw the prototype for the piece in the mid-1970s by Italian furniture designer Vico Magistretti (1920–2006), he was so disgusted by it that he punched it, breaking the back of the sofa, which crumbled over itself . . . into the shape the piece would eventually take. (“Right, great, it looks perfect to me like that,” Magistretti allegedly responded.) Whether it was his accidental adjustment or further consideration of the design, Cassina clearly came around: His company debuted Magistretti’s design in 1973. The Maralunga is characterized by what looks like a slumped backrest but is really an adjustable-height headrest, moved by way of a bicycle chain...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern SofasMaterials
- White Jaime Hayon Contemporary Showtime Sofa LacqueredBy Jaime Hayon, BD Barcelona DesignLocated in Barcelona, BarcelonaDesigned by Jaime Hayon produced by BD Structure in high gloss lacquered rotomoulded polyethylene. Upholstered in leather capitoné upholstery.Category
2010s Spanish Modern SofasMaterials
Leather, Upholstery$13,252 / item
- Customizable Wittmann Vuelta Sofa Designed by Jaime HayonBy Jaime Hayon, WittmannLocated in New York, NYRotation, turning, return, these are the meanings of the Spanish word Vuelta. The backrest rotates playfully around the corner, becomes the armrest, continues on to the sitter, or re...Category
2010s Austrian SofasMaterials
Leather, Fabric, Velvet
Recently ViewedView More
The 16 Most Popular Mid-Century Modern Chairs
You know the designs, now get the stories about to how they came to be.
Billy Cotton Layers His Interiors with Lived-In Comfort
The Brooklyn-based designer is adept at styles ranging from austere to over-the-top, espousing an architectural, detail-oriented approach also evident in his line of furniture and lighting.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery