- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Mid-Century Henredon Faux Tortoise Cabinets, a Pair
- CreatorHenredon (Manufacturer)
- DimensionsHeight: 31.25 in. (79.38 cm)Width: 39 in. (99.06 cm)Depth: 18 in. (45.72 cm)
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1970
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. wear consistent with age of pieces. one cabinet has slight water staining on the back side. not visible from the front and is old staining. no structural damage. one pieces brass hardware has been shined more than the other.
- Seller LocationWichita, KS
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU5325229173622
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Wichita, KS
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Manufacturer
Founded in 1945, Henredon is one of the more recently minted of the top-tier North Carolina furniture makers. Among collectors, Henredon is admired both for its sleek, sexy furniture of the 1970s and for its partnerships with noted designers, a program that started in the 1950s with decorating icon Dorothy Draper and architect Frank Lloyd Wright.
From the start, Henredon — the brand name is a portmanteau term, derived from the first names or initials of three of the company’s founders — has been best known for its vintage case pieces, such as cabinets, dressers, armoires and credenzas. Though not on the cutting edge stylistically, the company’s production has always kept pace with contemporary tastes. In 1953, Henredon began a collaboration with Dorothy Draper, famed for bravura interior design commissions such as the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco and the Greenbrier resort in West Virginia. Her taste for bold, modernized historical style is reflected in the incised baroque medallions of her España line and the geometric motif of her Viennese furnishings group.
In 1955, Henredon launched the Taliesin Ensemble by Wright, named after the architect’s houses in Wisconsin and Arizona. The pieces are recognizable by their angular shapes a dentil motif on their edges. In those years, Henredon had a cross-licensing agreement with the Heritage furniture company, and Draper and Wright furniture is usually labeled Heritage-Henredon.
In later decades, Henredon produced collections for such designers as Ralph Lauren and Laura Ashley. The company took a stylish turn in the 1970s, fabricating new and unusual forms like mirrored room dividers and console tables with rounded corners and burl-wood veneers. Such pieces are priced in the $3,000 to $4,000 range, as are chests of drawers by Draper. Wright furniture tends toward the higher end, priced around $7,000. As you will see on 1stDibs, Henredon was an aesthetically diverse maker, but its furniture commands attention and makes a statement in any eclectic decor.
- Mid-Century Faux Malachite Painted Brass Tripod Tables, a PairLocated in Wichita, KSBeautifully painted on wood tops, these Faux Malachite tables are an iconic design from the Hollywood Regency Period and very Mid-Century in design. It is rare to find a pair togethe...Category
Mid-20th Century American Hollywood Regency Side TablesMaterials
- Antique 18th Century Louis XV Burled Walnut ArmoireLocated in Wichita, KSAn exceptional 18th century French period Louis XV armoire handcrafted of indigenous old growth walnut and burled walnut in the typical technique mastered by the skilled artisans of ...Category
Antique Mid-18th Century French Louis XV CabinetsMaterials
- Mid-Century Modern Mastercraft Black and Brass Chairs, a PairBy MastercraftLocated in Wichita, KSHollywood Regency style dining chairs by Mastercraft. These sleek Mid-Century Modern sculptural arm chairs have unique sloped arm rests, curved back rests, original black lacquer woo...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern ChairsMaterials
- Mid-Century Modern Style Black and Chrome Chairs, a PairLocated in Wichita, KSThese mid-century style chairs shine with chrome legs and arms and black fabric that is in great shape. A beautiful addition to any mid-century, modernist, or eclectic style of design.Category
20th Century American Mid-Century Modern ChairsMaterials
- Mid-Century Modern Regency Style Bench by Charles Hollis Jones in Brass, a PairBy Charles Hollis JonesLocated in Wichita, KSA pair of beautiful regency style benches with a rope design by Charles Hollis Jones. The original tag is intact. The stools are upholstered in the original white Naugahyde and can b...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern BenchesMaterials
- Mid-Century Black and Brass Bar CartLocated in Wichita, KSVintage Mid-Century Modern black metal bar cart with brass accents and removable glass shelves. The wheels are original to the cart. This piece would make a great addition to anyones...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Carts and Bar CartsMaterials
You May Also Like
Vintage 1980s American Hollywood Regency Cabinets
Vintage 1980s Mid-Century Modern Vitrines
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Cabinets
Late 20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Cabinets
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern Cabinets
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Vitrines
Vintage 1970s American Campaign Cabinets
Vintage 1970s American Campaign Cabinets
Vintage 1970s Mid-Century Modern Bookcases
Vintage 1960s American Cabinets
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery