Selby Console by Kelly Wearstler
About the Item
- Creator:Kelly Wearstler (Designer)
- Dimensions:Height: 36 in (91.44 cm)Width: 36 in (91.44 cm)Depth: 13.75 in (34.93 cm)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:2016
- Production Type:New & Custom(Current Production)
- Estimated Production Time:19-20 weeks
- Condition:This item weights 1020 lbs.
- Seller Location:West Hollywood, CA
- Reference Number:Seller: FCL150061stDibs: LU94705685063
When Kelly Wearstler started her namesake business, in 1995, she worked alone out of her Los Angeles apartment. “Sixteen-hour days, seven days a week,” she recalls. “The studio has truly grown organically over the years.”
Wearstler’s work in the early 2000s was classified as the new Hollywood Regency — much to her dismay. It’s easy to understand her reaction. Although the glam quotient of her projects jibed with the style, her aesthetic was far more sophisticated than that of the many wannabe designers who were merely peddling Dorothy Draper and William Haines retreads.
Today, Wearstler presides over a behemoth, many-tentacled enterprise. One part is involved with residential interior design for such high-profile clients as Cameron Diaz, Gwen Stefani and Ben Stiller. There is also a team dedicated to hospitality design, including for projects like the recently opened Proper Hotels’ properties — developed by her husband, Brad Korzen’s Kor Group — in Austin and Santa Monica. Then, there are her ever-expanding product designs in a multitude of categories: In 2019, she added new carpets and runners to her collection with The Rug Company, collaborated with Georg Jensen on a tableware and centerpiece collection and partnered with Ann Sacks on a line of encaustic tiles and with Lee Jofa on a line of fabrics and wallcoverings. Each season sees fresh additions to Wearstler’s lighting lines, as well.
Wearstler is drawn to furniture that is boldly scaled and, often, graphically patterned, mixing such pieces with one-off creations by artist designers like Roland Mellan, Lindsey Adelman, Katie Stout, Misha Kahn, Entler Studios, Susan for Susan and Anton Alvarez.
“For me, it is the power of the line,” says Wearstler. “I think it goes back to my love for graphic design. There is so much strength and beauty in the simple line. Pair this with geometries and artisanal fabrication, beautiful materiality and you have exceptional pieces of furniture. In essence, furniture as sculpture.”
Of course, no matter how distinct in style, both the early and most recent work springs from the same impulse. Wearstler’s signature approach to interiors has been described as marching right up to “over the top” then taking a step back. In that sense, Wearstler is doing what she has always done, albeit in a more confident way, with bigger budgets, a larger proportion of important furnishings and art and more of her own designs. The Hollywood glamour that got her noticed decades ago toed the same elusive line of good taste that her blend of blue-chip pieces, Memphis Group furniture and challenging works by emerging artist-designers does today.
Find Kelly Wearstler furniture on 1stDibs.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: West Hollywood, CA
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Kelly Wearstler Selby Console in Nero Marquina MarbleBy Kelly WearstlerLocated in West Hollywood, CACarved from a massive solid block of marble, the Selby Console, is a manifestation of organic minimalism. A perfectly incised center cylinder creates a dramatic negative space. Seale...Category
2010s Asian Modern Console TablesMaterials
- Kelly Wearstler Roxbury Long Console in Wire-Brushed Wenge WoodBy Kelly WearstlerLocated in West Hollywood, CAWith its repetitive arches and monolithic scale, the Roxbury Long Console celebrates a minimal, stylistic nod to classical architecture and form. This console features a lightly wire...Category
2010s American Modern SideboardsMaterials
- Lineage Stool by Kelly WearstlerBy Kelly WearstlerLocated in West Hollywood, CAInspired by Kelly’s love for exploring sculptural function and form in her favored black and white fine-striped pattern, this solid marble stool is made from natural, hand-carved mar...Category
2010s American StoolsMaterials
- Kelly Wearstler Lineage ChairBy Kelly WearstlerLocated in West Hollywood, CAA confluence of mixed-marble and architectural tectonic form, the Lineage Chair exemplifies the modern dualities of art and functionality. This sculptura...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Side ChairsMaterials
- Monolith Side Table by Kelly WearstlerBy Kelly WearstlerLocated in West Hollywood, CACarved out of a block of solid marble, this design can be used as a seat, plinth or an occasional table and is perfect for a shower or a garden. The cylindrical form is a perfect can...Category
2010s American Side TablesMaterials
- Kelly Wearstler Hume Marble Sculptural ChairBy Kelly WearstlerLocated in West Hollywood, CAUniquely carved from stone blocks and straddling the line between sculpture and functional design, the Hume chair can be used as both an indoor or outdoor decorative seating option. ...Category
2010s North American Modern Side ChairsMaterials
- Kelly Console by Dom EdizioniBy Dom EdizioniLocated in Milan, ITThis superb console of the Kelly Collection is one of the most iconic and recognizable styles of DOM Edizioni. This classic and regal design combines geometric shapes and prized materials, with a cantilever-style base crafted of brass-plated metal with a glossy finish that mirrors the rectangular glossy erable-veneered top (7 cm thick). Offering outstanding sophistication and style in modern and classic decors alike, this superb console will be the focal point in an entryway, matched with a wall mirror, or in a living room to display collectibles, flower arrangements, or twin lamps...Category
2010s Italian Console TablesMaterials
- Naida Console Table 2By Kelly WearstlerLocated in New York City, NYThe Naida Console Table 2 is a stunning example of handcrafted design. Made from bronze using the lost foam casting process, this technique involves creating a model using recycled p...Category
2010s Console TablesMaterials
Marble, Belgian Black Marble, Bronze, Brass
- Trinity Console by BaxterLocated in New York, NYA console table with an unfinished metal structure, table top is finished in a gray leather.Category
2010s Italian Modern Console TablesMaterials
- SIMOON Console Table, Console by Patricia Urquiola by Glas ItaliaBy Glas Italia, Patricia UrquiolaLocated in Macherio, ITCollection of side tables, coffee tables, writing desk, high tables and console made by UV gluing 12mm thick extra light glass, the surface is coated with a special grit in grouned M...Category
2010s Modern Console TablesMaterials
- Minimalist Table by Katavalos, Littel and KellyBy Laverne International, Douglas Kelly, Ross Littell and William KatavolosLocated in Sagaponack, NYA Minimalist desk or table fashioned from a rectangular slab of black granite perforated by stainless steel column legs.Category
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern Desks and Writing TablesMaterials
- Porto Console, by Rain, Contemporary Console, Laminated OakwoodBy RAINLocated in Sao Paulo, SPThe Porto collection has simple, rounded lines inspired by the anchorage elements of ports. The feeling of weight and the scale of the anchorages guide the design of the pieces, whic...Category
2010s Brazilian Minimalist Console TablesMaterials
- X-Large Bubble Chandelier in Natural Cotton and Satin Brass by PelleBy Jean and Oliver PelleLocated in Brooklyn, NYEthereal and iconic, the bubble chandelier is a modern re-interpretation of the crystal chandelier. Its luminous constellation of delicate glass globes adds beauty and depth to any i...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Chandeliers and PendantsMaterials
- Seletti Sofa “Comfy”, Charcoal GreyBy SelettiLocated in Doral, FLFrom its very first year in 1964, Seletti in Cicognara, Mantova, has followed its principle of professionality service and constant research to strive for betterness innovation and o...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Modern SofasMaterials
Cotton, Polyester, Wood
- HERMES Kelly 35 Crocodile Shiny Black BagBy HermèsLocated in Paris, FRMAGNIFICENT Kelly 35 bag from the House of HERMES in shiny black porosus crocodile. The jewelry is gold plated. On each tab, inscription "HERMES Paris". It...Category
1940s French Top Handle Bags
- 1925s Art Deco 2 Carat Emeralds 2.20 Carat Diamonds Platinum RingLocated in Poitiers, FRRing in platinum. Sublime art deco ring, its entire platinum setting is closed set on its top with a Colombian emerald- cut emerald and an antique- cut diamond. This duo of gems is surmounted on either side by an antique brilliant- cut diamond. The basket is crossed by finely made arabesques as well as the start of the ring which is also set on either side with an antique brilliant- cut diamond. Weight of the main diamond: approximately 2 carats. Estimated quality: I / J VVS. Weight of the emerald: about 2 carats. Colombian origin. Total weight of other diamonds: approximately 0.20 carat. Height: 12.5 mm, width: 16.5 mm, thickness: approximately 5.5 mm, width of the ring at the base: 2 mm. Total weight of the jewel: approximately 6.3 g. US Size : 6,5 ; Free resize, please contact us. Antique jewel - Work from the 1925s, Art Deco ring. Our opinion: A high quality setting made with perfection and 2 important and magnificent...Category
Vintage 1920s French Art Deco Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Emerald, Platinum
- Optimism Painting I - acrylic on woodBy Stuart MöllerLocated in London, GBOptimism Painting I - acrylic & mixed media on wood, 2019 16 x 16" inches / 41 x 41 cm mint condition - original and unique piece. Stuart Möller, German and born in Kabul Afghanis...Category
2010s Abstract Abstract PaintingsMaterials
Recently ViewedView All
Why the Design World Is in the Midst of a Kelly Wearstler Moment
Three decades into her illustrious career, the Los Angeles–based designer continues to push boundaries.
Susanna Salk’s Favorite Designers Show Us How to Play with Patterns
Taking us on a whirlwind tour of spaces that use charming prints with aplomb, the interiors expert makes a compelling case for ditching staid solids when tackling your next decorating project.