- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Vintage Christian Dior Gold and Enamel Cloisonne Bamboo Look Cuff Circa 1990s
- MetalMixed Metal,Enamel
- Weight206.1 g
- DimensionsWidth: 2.5 in (63.5 mm)Length: 7.5 in (190.5 mm)
- Place of OriginFrance
- Date of Manufacture1990
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Great Condition.
- Seller LocationNew York, NY
- Reference NumberSeller: B13-011stDibs: LU2565217679912
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
When Christian Dior launched his couture house, in 1946, he wanted nothing less than to make “an elegant woman more beautiful and a beautiful woman more elegant.” He succeeded, and in doing so the visionary designer altered the landscape of 20th century fashion.
Dior was born in Granville, on the Normandy coast, in 1905. His prosperous haute bourgeois parents wanted him to become a diplomat despite his interest in art and architecture. However, they agreed to bankroll an art gallery, which Dior opened in 1928 in Paris with a friend.
This was the start of Dior’s rise in the city’s creative milieu, where he befriended Pablo Picasso and Jean Cocteau. After seven years as an art dealer, Dior retrained as a fashion illustrator, eventually landing a job as a fashion designer for Robert Piguet, and in 1941, following a year of military service, he joined the house of Lucien Lelong. Just five years later, with the backing of industrialist Marcel Boussac, the ascendant Dior established his own fashion house, at 30 avenue Montaigne in Paris.
Just two years after the end of World War II, the fashion crowd and the moribund haute couture industry were yearning, comme tout Paris, for security and prosperity, desperate to discard the drab, sexless, utilitarian garb imposed by wartime deprivation. They needed to dream anew.
And Dior delivered: He designed a collection for a bright, optimistic future. “It’s quite a revolution, dear Christian!” exclaimed Carmel Snow, the prescient American editor-in-chief of Harper’s Bazaar, famously proclaiming, “Your dresses have such a new look.” The press ran with the description, christening Dior’s debut Spring/Summer haute couture collection the New Look. “God help those who bought before they saw Dior,” said Snow. “This changes everything.”
Dior’s collection definitively declared that opulence, luxury and femininity were in. His skirts could have 40-meter-circumference hems, and outfits could weigh up to 60 pounds. They were cut and shaped like architecture, on strong foundations that molded women and “freed them from nature,” Dior said. Rather than rationing, his ladies wanted reams of fabric and 19-inch waists enforced by wire corsets, and the fashion world concurred. The debut got a standing ovation.
In the subsequent decade, Paris ruled as the undisputed fashion capital of the world, and Christian Dior reigned as its king. With the luxuriously full skirts of his New Look, suits and his drop-dead gorgeous evening dresses and ball gowns worthy of any princess, Dior gave women the gift of glamour they’d lost in the miserable years of war.
- Vintage Christian Dior Gold and Faux Pearl Dangling Bracelet Circa 1980sBy Christian DiorLocated in New York, NYVintage Christian Dior Gold and Faux Pearl Dangling Bracelet Circa 1980s. Various Red Beads and Varying Shades of Red Gripoix on this 6 Strand Bracelet with One Long Draping Strand ...Category
Vintage 1980s French Artist Beaded BraceletsMaterials
Mixed Metal$3,350Free Shipping
- Vintage Christian Lacroix Long Ridged Cuff Circa 1990sBy Christian LacroixLocated in New York, NYVintage Christian Lacroix Long Ridged Cuff. The ridges sit on top of a beaten like metal. The ridges are shiny whereas the metal underneath is more of a matte finish but not a flat...Category
1990s French Artist Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Mixed Metal$3,250Free Shipping
- Vintage Christian Lacroix Heavy Textured Cuff Circa 1990sBy Christian Lacroix ParisLocated in New York, NYVintage Christian Lacroix Heavy Textured Cuff with lots of stylized designs. I have seen lots of Lacroix cuffs but this one is special as its unusual. Typical Lacroix but not one ...Category
Vintage 1980s French Artist Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Mixed Metal$1,325Free Shipping
- Vintage Christian Lacroix Paris Gold Bracelet with Dangling Crystals Circa 1990sBy Christian Lacroix ParisLocated in New York, NYVintage Christian Lacroix Paris Gold Bracelet with Dangling Crystals. My favorite Lacroix piece! There are long bars with crystals in between and then dangling large round crystals ...Category
1990s French Artist Cuff BraceletsMaterials
- Vintage Christian Lacroix Enamel and Faux Pearl Cross Circa 1990sBy Christian Lacroix ParisLocated in New York, NYVintage Christian Lacroix Enamel and Faux Pearl Cross. Gold Tone with Pink under the Gold. Pearl Sits in the middle. Could be worn on a Link Necklace. Lacroix says his fashion ico...Category
1990s French Artist BroochesMaterials
Mixed Metal$825Free Shipping
- Vintage Robert Lee Morris Dangling Quartz Gold Tone Bracelet Circa 1990sBy Robert Lee MorrisLocated in New York, NYVintage Robert Lee Morris Dangling Quartz Gold Tone Bracelet. If you like bracelets that move and jiggle then this is for you. Robert Lee Morris shows his stuff in this creation fr...Category
1990s American Artist Beaded BraceletsMaterials
- 1990s Vintage Christian Lacroix Gold Tone Red Enamel Rhinestone BraceletBy Christian LacroixLocated in Vilnius, LTThis is a playful vintage bracelet designed by Christian Lacroix in 1990’s. The piece is gold plated, adorned with two tone red rhinestones and enamel. Can be adjusted to several wri...Category
Late 20th Century French Modern Link BraceletsMaterials
Gold Plate, Enamel
- Gold and Enamel Portrait Cuff BraceletLocated in New York, NYGold And Enamel Portrait Cuff Bracelet , Enamel Portrait of a Middle Eastern Royal with 3 pearls set on the sides 36.2 GramsCategory
Antique Early 1900s Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Gold, Enamel$16,000Free Shipping
- Marina J Pearl & Pink Tourmaline Bracelet with 1940 Vintage Enameled CenterpieceBy Marina J.Located in Beverly Hills, CAHandmade bracelet by Marina J. Bracelet features a vintage 1940s Enamel brooch with a floral design, reworked into a magnificent centerpiece. This intricately woven bracelet is made...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Victorian Beaded BraceletsMaterials
Pearl, Ruby, White Gold, Rhodium, Silver, Enamel$880 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Vintage 1990s 14 Karat Yellow Gold and Onyx BraceletLocated in Boston, MAVintage 1990's 14K Yellow Gold and Onyx Bracelet - The links are casted in solid 14k yellow gold and measure individually 3/4" wide by 1 inch long. The size of the oval onyx is 9mm b...Category
1990s American Modern More BraceletsMaterials
Onyx, Yellow Gold, 14k Gold$9,000Free Shipping
- Indian Mughal Diamond and Enamel BraceletLocated in New York, NYAn exceptionally crafted bracelet made during the Mughal Empire. This antique bracelet has two sides one with exquisite enamel and one with very rose cut diamonds. Provenance: From ...Category
Antique Early 19th Century Indian Beaded BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, 22k Gold$60,000Free Shipping
- Coral Bead Diamond Black Enamel Gold BraceletLocated in Beverly Hills, CAGorgeous bracelet featuring four-strand Mediterranean coral beads alternating with four white gold bars set with diamonds and accented with black enamel. The bracelet is 7" long and...Category
Early 2000s Unknown Modern Beaded BraceletsMaterials
Coral, White Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold
Recently ViewedView More
Too Soon for the Return of ’90s Fashion? As If
There's a renewed appreciation for the era's aesthetic, perhaps most notably among millennials seeking authentic, easy style.
14 Iconic Luxury Handbags and the Stories behind Them
When the name of a bag is as well-known as its brand, you know it's a classic.