- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Chanel Vintage Geometric Faux Pearl Cuff
About the Item
- Place of Origin:France
- Date of Manufacture:1987
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Very good vintage, pre-owned condition with excpetion of some dents, scratches in faux pearls and minor tarnishing on back. Last faux pearl has some cracking/pealing.
- Seller Location:New York, NY
- Reference Number:Seller: 100-59511stDibs: LU204507922
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- Chanel Black Wool Dress Sz FR42By ChanelLocated in New York, NYChanel Black Wool Dress Sz FR42 Made In: Italy Color: Black Composition: 76% wool, 13% nylon, 11% silk Lining: None Closure/Opening: Side zip closure Exterior Pockets: None Interior...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Day Dresses
- Chanel Cream Embroidered Brocade Jacket w/ Ruffle CollarBy ChanelLocated in New York, NYChanel Embroidered Brocade Jacket w/ Ruffle Collar Color: Cream Materials: Missing composition tag Lining: Missing composition tag Opening/Closure: Open front Overall Condition: Go...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Unknown Dinner Jackets$495 Sale Price26% Off
- Chanel SO Black Lambskin Leather Chevron Quilted Double Flap Jumbo Flap BagBy ChanelLocated in New York, NYChanel SO Black Lambskin Chevron Quilted Double Flap Jumbo Flap Bag Made In: Italy Year of Production: 2015 Color: Black Hardware: Black Materials: Lambskin leather Lining: Smooth ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Structured Shoulder Bags
- Chanel Brown Gold Aviator SunglassesBy ChanelLocated in New York, NYChanel Brown Gold Aviator Sunglasses Made In: Italy Color: Brown, Gold Hardware: Light Goldtone Materials: Metal, Acetate Overall Condition: Good pre-owned condition, scratch on th...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Sunglasses
- Chanel Red Leather Camelia Embossed WalletBy ChanelLocated in New York, NYChanel Red Lambskin Leather Camelia Embossed Wallet Made In: Italy Year of Production: 2012 Color: Red Hardware: Silvertone Materials: Lambskin leather Lining: Smooth leather Closur...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Wallets
- Chanel 2022 Black Caviar Quilted Chain Around Mini Flap BagBy ChanelLocated in New York, NYChanel Black Washed Lambskin Quilted Mini Chain Around Flap Bag Made In: Italy Year of Production: 2022 Color: Black Hardware: Goldtone Materials: Caviar calfskin leather Lining: Bu...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- CHANEL Couture Cuff Bracelet in Black Resin, Pearl and GlassBy ChanelLocated in Paris, FRCouture! Sublime CHANEL cuff in black resin set with a beautiful pale pink glass jewel topped with pearls. The hardware is in gilt metal. A CC in gold metal is in the center of the j...Category
2010s Cuff BraceletsMaterials
- Chanel '90s Vintage Blue Gripoix & Faux Pearl Statement EarringsBy ChanelLocated in New York, NYChanel '90s Vintage Blue Gripoix & Faux Pearl Statement Earrings Made In: France Year of Production: 1990s Color: Light blue, ivory, gold Materials: Metal, faux pearl, gripoix glass...Category
1990s French Drop Earrings$2,995Free Shipping
- Chanel Red Gripoix Vintage EarringsBy ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLThese authentic Chanel Red Gripoix Clip On Earrings are in beautiful condition from the early 1980’s. Deep red Gripoix stone is surrounded by gold swirling scrolls on diamond shaped...Category
Vintage 1980s French Clip-on Earrings$2,250Free Shipping
- Aquamarine 46.9 Carat Octagon Step Cut GemstoneLocated in Scottsdale, AZCreate the jewelry piece of your dreams with this gorgeous 46.9 Carat Aquamarine octagon step cut gemstone. Weight in grams is 9.37. Measures 22 x 17.5 x 13.9 mm.Category
20th Century Unknown Cocktail RingsMaterials
Aquamarine, Multi-gemstone$7,000Free Shipping
- Vintage Massive YVES SAINT LAURENT Iridescent Rhinestones Jewelled EarringsBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage Massive YVES SAINT LAURENT Iridescent Rhinestones Jewelled Earrings Measurements: Height: 3 1/8 inches (7.93 cm) Width: 2 3/8 inches (6.03 cm) Features: - 100% Authentic YV...Category
20th Century French Dangle Earrings
- Chanel High Jewelry White Gold and Diamond Bracelet, Les Intemporels CollectionBy ChanelLocated in Boston, MAA constellation of stars encircles the wrist in this spectacular Chanel High Jewelry diamond bracelet. Comets, stars and moons were some of Coco Chanel’s favorite design motifs and s...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Cuff BraceletsMaterials
White Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold$65,000Free Shipping
- Authentic Chanel Gold Calfskin Leather Logo Cuff BraceletBy ChanelLocated in Miami, FLBold look for this gold calfskin leather bracelet accented by large gold hardware Chanel logo and a slide lock closure. Timeless piece in good condition. Designer: CHANEL Style: Log...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Modern Cuff Bracelets$1,980Free Shipping
- Chanel Matelasse Diamond & Pearl 18K Wide Bangle Bracelet & Matching Ring C 2009By ChanelLocated in Aspen, COChanel Paris Matelasse pearl and pavé diamond bangle bracelet and matching ring, accompanied with the original letter from Chanel to the original client (and valued most recently in ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Contemporary Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, Pearl, 18k Gold$198,800 Sale Price / set20% Off
- Chanel Coco Crush Yellow Gold Cuff Bangle BraceletBy ChanelLocated in Holland, PA18k Yellow Gold Coco Crush 2" Wide Cuff Bangle Bracelet by Chanel Details: Length: Size small, 6.5" Weight: 109.1 grams Width: 2" Stamped Hallmarks: Chanel 750 V31008 S *Free Shippi...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Cuff BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold$20,000Free Shipping
- Vintage Chanel Quilted Cuff Bracelet, 1980sBy ChanelLocated in London, GBIconic vintage Chanel Matelasse cuff bracelet in gold plate from the 1980s. This collector's item features the signature Chanel quilted pattern all around. Cuff-style bracelet feat...Category
Vintage 1980s French Modern Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Gold Plate$1,556Free Shipping
- Vintage Chanel Quilted Byzantine Cuff Bracelet, 1980sBy ChanelLocated in London, GBVintage Chanel Matelasse hinged cuff bracelet in gold plate from the 1980s. This collector's item features the signature Chanel quilted pattern all around with a central decorative ...Category
Vintage 1980s French Byzantine Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Gold Plate$2,055Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
A Chanel Wicker Handbag Gives Impossibly Chic Picnic Vibes
Only Chanel could elevate humble materials like denim and wicker to icon-level status.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery