Vintage Elsa Peretti Japanese Hardwood Lacquer Bracelet Designed for Tiffany Co
View Similar Items
Vintage Elsa Peretti Japanese Hardwood Lacquer Bracelet Designed for Tiffany Co
- Weight:4 g
- Dimensions:Width: 3.75 in (95.25 mm)Depth: 0.785 in (19.94 mm)Length: 7.25 in (184.15 mm)
- Place of Origin:United States
- Date of Manufacture:20th Century
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:New York, NY
- Reference Number:Seller: A2891stDibs: LU1056318010222
About the Designer
Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co.
By the time the Italian-born Peretti (1940–2021) arrived in New York City, she’d already studied design in Rome, worked for a Milanese architect and taught Italian, French and skiing in Switzerland. She settled on interior design as her potential career path but then chose an altogether different route: modeling. Peretti modeled in Barcelona, Spain, and on the advice of Wilhelmina Cooper — a former model who’d by then founded Wilhelmina Modeling Agency — moved to Manhattan in 1968. When she relocated, Peretti was inspired to pick up jewelry design.
After modeling for designer Halston, the undisputed fashion king of Studio 54, Peretti became his close friend and collaborator, eventually creating jewelry and teardrop-shaped perfume bottles for him. By way of her association with Halston, Peretti took to the disco scene, flourishing in a social circle that included artist Andy Warhol and fashion designer Giorgio di Sant’Angelo.
It wasn’t long before models on di Sant’Angelo’s runway were donning two-inch sterling-silver vases, complete with a rose stem, suspended on leather thongs around their necks. The accessory was Peretti’s inaugural piece of jewelry — she designed it in 1969 after finding a flower vase at a flea market. It was hardly the only time that Peretti found motifs in nature and in organic forms. In the years that followed, her Bean pendant necklace, Starfish earrings and other sensuous accessories would draw on human emotion as well as the natural world around her. Each evocative and wholly versatile design is universally adored decades later, and each was made for a storied American jewelry house with which Peretti would be associated for nearly 50 years.
It was Halston who introduced Peretti to Tiffany & Co. She had her own boutique at Bloomingdale’s by 1972, and her partnership with the firm, which signed the venturesome and unorthodox designer to an exclusive contract in 1974, would cement her place in the lofty annals of jewelry legend. Peretti’s simple but sophisticated designs — the Teardrop collection, her minimalist Diamonds by the Yard necklace and Open Heart ring, to name a few — elevated sterling silver, previously considered unsuitable for fine jewelry, and created an enthusiastic young audience for Tiffany’s offerings. In 1977, Peretti’s designs earned the jewelry house more than $6 million. (In some years, her work has accounted for 10 percent of the company’s sales.)
In 2012, Peretti signed a 20-year, $47.3 million contract with Tiffany & Co., but she passed away in 2021, at age 80. Today, her designs are in the permanent collections of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City and the British Museum.
Find an exquisite collection of Elsa Peretti jewelry today on 1stDibs.
About the Maker
- Elsa Peretti for Tiffany Co Vintage Bean Design 18 Karat Gold 0.50 Inch EarringsBy Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYIntroducing the Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co. Vintage Bean Design 18 Karat Yellow Gold Earrings - a timeless masterpiece that embodies elegance and sophistication. Elsa Peretti, ren...Category
2010s Italian Contemporary Stud EarringsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$1,702 Sale Price25% OffFree Shipping
- Elsa Peretti for Tiffany Co Vintage Silver Bean Cufflinks 0.80 x 0.55 InchesBy Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYElsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co. Vintage Silver Bean Cufflinks - 0.80 x 0.55 Inch Elevate your style with these exquisite vintage cufflinks by the renowned designer Elsa Peretti, in co...Category
Late 20th Century American Contemporary CufflinksMaterials
Silver, Sterling Silver$645 Sale Price25% OffFree Shipping
- Tiffany and Co Eighteen Karat Gold Elsa Peretti Vintage Open Heart EarringsBy Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYEighteen karat yellow gold vintage Elsa Peretti open heart stud earrings by Tiffany & Co Earrings measuring 0.45 inch in diameter The simple shape of Elsa Peretti Open Heart earrings...Category
Early 2000s American Contemporary Stud EarringsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$742 Sale Price25% OffFree Shipping
- Tiffany Co Vintage 18 Karat Rose Gold Silver Elsa Peretti 5 Wave Size 6.5 RingBy Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYThe Tiffany & Co. Elsa Peretti Five Wave Ring is a beautiful piece of jewelry that features a unique and elegant design. The ring is part of the Elsa Peretti collection, which was in...Category
2010s Italian Contemporary Band RingsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Rose Gold, Sterling Silver$1,232 Sale Price30% OffFree Shipping
- Tiffany Co Eighteen Karat Gold Elsa Peretti Teardrop 0.60 Inch Pendant NecklaceBy Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYNecklace and pendant weighing 5.1 grams The Tiffany & Co. Elsa Peretti Teardrop Pendant Necklace is a classic piece of jewelry that has been popular for many years. The necklace feat...Category
Late 20th Century American Contemporary Pendant NecklacesMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Elsa Peretti Tiffany Co Open Heart 0.43 Inch Earrings Eighteen Karat White GoldBy Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYElsa Peretti is a world-renowned jewelry designer who has collaborated with the luxury jewelry brand Tiffany & Co. to create many iconic pieces. The Open Heart Earrings in Eighteen K...Category
2010s American Contemporary Stud EarringsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold$712 Sale Price25% OffFree Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Elsa Peretti Silver Bone Cuff BraceletBy Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co.Located in Chicago, ILCirca 1975 Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co., Sterling Silver Bone Cuff Bracelet. Measuring 2 inches at its widest point, an opening of 1 inch and is plyable to be opened a bit more. In...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Sterling Silver, Silver$1,595Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Elsa Peretti Carnelian Gold Bone Cuff BraceletBy Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYIconic bone cuff bracelet by Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co, in 18k yellow gold with teardrop carnelian. Bracelet is small size, will fit approx. 6-6.25" wrist and is 1.5" wide (for t...Category
20th Century Hong Kong Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Carnelian, Gold$22,000Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Elsa Peretti Sterling Open Center Cuff BraceletBy Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co.Located in Chicago, ILCirca 2010 Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co. Open Center Cuff bracelet, measuring 1 5/8 inches wide with an inside measurement of 5 1/2 inches and an opening of 1 1/4 inches. Recently P...Category
2010s Spanish Modernist Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Sterling Silver$695Free Shipping
- Authentic Tiffany & Co. Elsa Peretti 18k Wave 5 Row Bracelet Bangle Yellow GoldBy Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co.Located in Perry, FLAuthentic 18k yellow gold Tiffany & Co. Elsa Peretti 5 row wave bangle in excellent condition. It measures 28mm wide and will fit up to approximately a 6.75" wrist. It is marked "Tif...Category
21st Century and Contemporary BanglesMaterials
- Elsa Peretti Sterling Silver Charm Bracelet for Tiffany & Co.By Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co.Located in Brisbane, QLDThis iconic charm bracelet was designed for Tiffany & Co. by one of their most prolific and beloved designers, Elsa Peretti in the 1980s. Crafted from sterling silver, the oval link ...Category
20th Century Modernist Modern BraceletsMaterials
Silver, Sterling Silver$995Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co 1977 Elsa Peretti Escorpio Cuff Bracelet In 18Kt Gold And GemstonesBy Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co.Located in Miami, FLAbstract Cuff Bracelet designed by Elsa Peretti (1940-2021) for Tiffany & Co. Exceptionally rare sculptural piece, created in New York city by Elsa Peretti for the Tiffany Studios, ...Category
Vintage 1970s American Modernist Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Coral, Jade, Black Jade, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold