- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Angela Cummings For Tiffany Sterling Silver Modernist Sculptural Link Bracelet
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: North Miami, FL
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
With her playfully bold, nature-inspired pieces, Angela Cummings has left a lasting mark on the world of jewelry design. Full of movement and sensational color, her eye-catching collar necklaces, stud earrings and bracelets continue to be favored by red-carpet celebrities and tastemakers the world over.
Cummings was born in Austria in 1944, during a time when her country was being torn apart by war. At the age of three her family moved to America, where she was raised. Returning to her native country as an adult, Cummings studied art in Perugia, Italy, then went on to study jewelry design in Hanau, West Germany. She graduated with a degree in gemology, goldsmithing and jewelry design from Zeichenakademie in 1967.
Cummings returned to the United States after finishing her studies. She marched into legendary American luxury house Tiffany & Co. in New York City and asked for a job. Under the mentorship of Donald Claflin, a designer who’d previously worked for David Webb, Cummings became a respected in-house designer for the brand. Her named collection, Angela Cummings Exclusively for Tiffany & Co., debuted in 1974.
Cummings created sumptuous 18K gold accessories that were inlaid with coral, opal, mother-of-pearl, jade and lapis lazuli. Not unlike the work of Elsa Peretti, who signed an exclusive contract with Tiffany & Co. in 1974, Cummings’ designs — seashell necklaces, maple leaf pendants — drew on the shapes and forms of the natural world. As her style continued to develop, Cummings integrated silver, precious gemstones and platinum into her work, creating exquisite juxtapositions by mixing the materials with wood and iron. Her pieces increasingly featured more movement-inspired elements — curling vines, crashing waves and billowing cloud forms — that hearkened to the rhythms of nature.
In 1982, People magazine featured Cummings' jewelry and the publicity launched her into the spotlight. Two years later, she established her own business, Angela Cummings Inc., and began to experiment with abstraction in her work, as well as allowing her surroundings in Japan, where she opened several boutiques, to inspire her adornments.
Cummings retired in 2003, making a brief comeback in 2013 to collaborate with Assael Jewelry, for which she created an exclusive line of cultured pearl jewelry.
- Sterling Silver, Amethyst and Agate Stone Bracelet HallmarkedLocated in North Miami, FLThis lovely vintage Mexican stamped 925 sterling silver bracelet is set with prongs that resemble hands to hold the agates and amethyst stones. It would look great coupled with other...Category
Vintage 1950s Modern Link BraceletsMaterials
Agate, Amethyst, Sterling Silver$548 Sale Price20% Off
- Sterling Silver Link Bracelet VintageLocated in North Miami, FLThis chic, chunky and timeless vinrage sterling silver hallmarked bracelet says Sterling WWI. It has good weight to it and is forever wearable... It is a classic design. This will fi...Category
Vintage 1980s Modern Link BraceletsMaterials
- Sterling Silver Modernist Sculptural Cuff BraceletLocated in North Miami, FLThis wonderful modernist cuff bracelet is hallmarked 925 and is sterling silver. It has good weight to it with a lightness of form, minimalist and sculptural. It is a forever timel...Category
Vintage 1970s Modern Cuff BraceletsMaterials
- Gerda Lynggaarde Resin Link Cuff BraceletBy Gerda LynggaardLocated in North Miami, FLThis link bracelet that has a dark gold wash paint and a black interior on the back over resin is Danish and by Gerda Lynggaarde. It fits snugly on the wrist and makes a great fashio...Category
Vintage 1980s Modern Cuff Bracelets
- Grecian Gold Plated Metal and Enamel Cuff Bracelet VintageLocated in North Miami, FLThis beautiful vintage Grecian cuff bracelet is a combination of red and black enamel set against gold plated metal with chain and link work. It is from the 50's. It is marked Made I...Category
Vintage 1950s Modern Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Gold Plate, Enamel$636 Sale Price20% Off
- French Resin and Chrome Cuff Modernist BraceletLocated in North Miami, FLThis statement chic cuff bracelet is black resin and chrome. It is French and quite modernist. A conversation piece on the wrist. The interior width is 2.25" W It is from the 70's. T...Category
Vintage 1970s Modernist Cuff Bracelets
You May Also Like
Vintage 1980s Modern Link Bracelets
Early 2000s Link Bracelets
Vintage 1980s Bangles
Vintage 1980s Contemporary Bangles
Vintage 1980s Bangles
20th Century Retro Link Bracelets
Crystal, Gold Plate
21st Century and Contemporary Link Bracelets
Early 20th Century Link Bracelets
Amethyst, Gold Plate, Vermeil, Sterling Silver
2010s Modern Link Bracelets
Crystal, Gold Plate, Yellow Gold
Mid-20th Century Native American Link Bracelets
Turquoise, Sterling Silver
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery