BOUCHERON 1940's Paris Diamond Platinum Circle Crown Brooch Fur Clip Pin
View Similar Items
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
BOUCHERON 1940's Paris Diamond Platinum Circle Crown Brooch Fur Clip Pin
About the Designer
As the oldest high-end jewelry boutique on the legendary Place Vendôme in Paris, dating to 1893, Boucheron stands for history, sensuality and avant-garde style. The French design house has created iconic rings, necklaces and other adornments over its more than 160-year history for royalty like the Russian imperial family, the Maharaja of Patiala and Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. It has also received popular acclaim with its modern designs and playful motifs such as serpents and cats.
Since its founding in 1858 by Frédéric Boucheron with a boutique at the Palais Royal arcades, the maison has sought to create unforgettably unique pieces, push the boundaries of innovations in jewelry design and celebrate the opulence of gold. Many of its pieces are sculpted in gold by expert goldsmiths so that the material becomes a design element in its own right. Frédéric’s son Louis was especially interested in the Art Deco style as well as accessories like cigarette holders, bags and belts.
Boucheron is most famously known for its sources of inspiration: nature, animals and the earth. Its iconic Serpent Bohème collection, introduced in 1968, references the curves and scales of the animal with pear-shaped motifs and coiled accents adorned with diamonds and other precious stones like turquoise, lapis lazuli and malachite. Frédéric Boucheron gave a serpent necklace to his wife as a symbol of love and protection. Leopards, hummingbirds, deer and hedgehogs are referenced in the Animaux de Collection, while high-end 3D technology in the Nature Triomphante meticulously re-creates flower petals, ivy branches and other organic forms.
Boucheron also pays homage to Paris, the city where it was founded. The octagonal shape of the Place Vendôme is translated into the geometric Liseré pieces, and the Clou de Paris motif is inspired by the cobblestones on its streets. Since 1859, when Boucheron introduced a collection of pocket watches, the atelier has also regularly created timepieces with the same elegance and refinement as its jewelry.
Despite having such a long legacy, Boucheron has always been ahead of its time. Its creative collections and bold jewelry remain coveted and cherished. In 2018, its flagship in the Place Vendôme reopened after a restoration under its current owner Kering.
Find vintage Boucheron jewelry on 1stDibs.
- DAVID ANDERSEN c.1970's Sterling Silver .925 Enamel Bird Of Paradise Brooch PinLocated in Thiensville, WIVintage David Andersen c.1970's sterling silver and enamel bird of paradise brooch. Sterling silver flying bird of paradise with glass enamel plumage in shades of purple and white. S...Category
Vintage 1970s Norwegian BroochesSold$2521 bidFree Shipping
- CORO 1932 “Duette” Silver Rhodium Plated Cut Steel Rhinestone Brooch Dress ClipBy CoroLocated in Thiensville, WICORO c.1932 “Duette” Silver Rhodium Plated Cut Steel Rhinestone Brooch Dress Clips Brand / Manufacturer: Coro Manufacturer Style Name: “Duette” Clip Style: Separating brooch / dre...Category
Vintage 1930s Canadian Brooches
- Antique Edwardian European Cut Diamond Platinum Foliate Filigree Metal Bar PinLocated in Thiensville, WIAntique Victorian / Edwardian, 1910-1915, fine platinum diamond filigree bar pin. Center Old European cut diamond (approximately .17 Ct) illusion setting in an open foliate filigree ...Category
Vintage 1910s Edwardian BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Platinum$1,772 Sale Price66% OffFree Shipping
- Black & Red Carved Jade Nephrite Dragon Sterling Silver Bangle Bracelet Ring SetLocated in Thiensville, WIBlack & Red Carved Stone Double Dragon Sterling Silver Bangle Bracelet Ring Set Style: Bangle bracelet and ring set Color(s): Stone: shades of red, black; metal: silver Marked Mate...Category
Late 20th Century Bangles$2,576 Sale Price40% OffFree Shipping
- SAMUEL JACOB London c.1898 Victorian Sterling Silver Carved Nurses Belt BuckleLocated in Thiensville, WIVICTORIAN c.1898 Samuel Jacob London Sterling Silver Carved Nurses Belt Buckle Brand / Manufacturer: Samuel Jacob Circa: 1898 Style: Nurses belt buckle Color(s): Silver Marked Mat...Category
Antique 1890s British More Jewelry$536 Sale Price40% OffFree Shipping
- ART NOUVEAU c.1930's 2 Piece Brass Daffodil Floral Motif Dress / Fur Clips SetLocated in Thiensville, WIVintage Art Nouveau c.1930's two piece brass daffodil motif dress / fur clips set. Brass-toned pressed metal interlocking daffodil motif. Hinged brass-toned metal clip at back. Both ...Category
Vintage 1930s Unknown More Jewelry
- Art Déco Aquamarine Diamond Platinum Clip by CartierBy CartierLocated in Zurich, CHSuperb Art Déco aquamarine diamond platinum clip by Cartier. Designed as an open fan and set with 8 baguette-shaped aquamarines totalling circa 9.60 carats and 20 old-cut and single-...Category
Vintage 1920s Unknown Art Deco BroochesMaterials
Aquamarine, Diamond, Platinum$36,300Free Shipping
- Cartier Art Deco Carved Emerald and Diamond Jabot Pin, Circa 1925By CartierLocated in London, GBA Cartier Art Deco carved emerald and diamond jabot pin, circa 1925. This exquisite jabot pin embodies the glamour and modish motifs of the Roaring 20s perfectly. The top is set wi...Category
Vintage 1920s French Art Deco BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, Platinum$53,508Free Shipping
- Belle Époque Diamond TiaraLocated in London, GBA Belle Époque diamond tiara, to the centre three diamond-set clusters with diamond-set foliate decorations and one large diamond-set cluster on each side, all within a waved frame o...Category
Early 20th Century French Belle Époque More JewelryMaterials
- Vintage Cartier Monture Platinum Diamond Brooch Pin ClipBy CartierLocated in Beverly Hills, CAStylish elegant clip made of platinum and set with round brilliant cut and baguette cut diamonds (F-G color, VS1 clarity, 2.75 carats total). Measurements: 1 1/4" x 3/4" (3.5 x 2 cen...Category
Vintage 1960s French BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Platinum, 18k Gold, White Gold$12,700Free Shipping
- Gemolithos a Cartier Signed Diamond Brooch, circa 1938By CartierLocated in Munich, DEA Cartier signed Diamond Brooch, circa 1938, approx. 10ct of Diamonds; Bigger Diamond estimated circa 1,20ct, total Weight 28,17gr, Length: 5cm, Width: 4cm.Category
Vintage 1930s French Art Deco BroochesMaterials
- Art Nouveau Gold Valkyrie Brooch by Boucheron ParisBy BoucheronLocated in London, GBAn Art Nouveau Gold Valkyrie Brooch By Boucheron Paris. Signed 'Boucheron Paris' at the back, 2 French import marks and number '19' marked at the pin W:3.4cm H:2.5cm D: 1.2cm Weig...Category
Antique Early 1900s Art Nouveau BroochesMaterials
- Boucheron 18 Karat Yellow Gold and Ruby Bird Brooch Pin, 1960sBy BoucheronLocated in Zurich, CHAdorable 18 karat yellow gold and ruby bird brooch pin by renowned French jewelry house Boucheron, 1960s. Entirely crafted in 18 karat yellow gold and designed as a bird resting on a...Category
Vintage 1960s French Modern BroochesMaterials
Ruby, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$13,900Free Shipping
- Boucheron Enamel Gold Pearl Portrait Brooch, circa 1890By BoucheronLocated in Toronto, ONBoucheron Enamel Gold Pearl Portrait Brooch, C.1890. Hand painted porcelain brooch depicting cherubs and female with goat. Properly Signed Boucheron Paris and French marks to pin as ...Category
Antique Late 19th Century French More JewelryMaterials
Pearl, Gold, Enamel$5,500Free Shipping
- Boucheron 18K Yellow Gold Diamond and Sapphire Double Clips Brooch Retro 1940sBy BoucheronLocated in Idar-Oberstein, DEImportant double clips in 18k yellow gold from the Retro period, ca. 1940s. These collectable clips were made by Boucheron Paris in a very dynamic design with sapphire baguettes and ...Category
Mid-20th Century French Retro BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Blue Sapphire, 18k Gold$26,000Free Shipping
- Frederic Boucheron Diamond Silver 18K Yellow Gold Green Man Pocket Watch PinBy BoucheronLocated in Philadelphia, PAWatch pin brooch features a scrolling silver-topped gold surmount. Centering a Green Man motif flanked by roaring serpent dragons. Suspending a pocket watch depicting matching scroll...Category
Antique 1880s Victorian BroochesMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Silver$27,500Free Shipping
- 1960's Boucheron 1.50 Carats Pave Diamond 18 Karat Gold French Cat Jabot BroochBy BoucheronLocated in Philadelphia, PABrooch is a cat designed as a ribbed arch body with a stylized face With arched enamel eyes and nose - opaque cream and black with some loss Head is spherical and pavè set througho...Category
Vintage 1960s French Contemporary BroochesMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
Recently ViewedView More
This Gem-Encrusted Boucheron Brooch Is a Symbol of Mid-Century Glamour and Clever Design
Though it sparkles with more than 27 carats of diamonds, this multifaceted gem delivers more than just dazzle.
7 Vibrant Jewels for a Breezy Late-Summer Wardrobe
Soak up the pleasures of the season with a these bold gems.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery