- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Tiffany & Co. Sapphire, Emerald and Diamond 18 Karat Gold Butterfly Brooch
- Metal18k Gold,Yellow Gold,Platinum
- StoneDiamond,Emerald,Sapphire,Blue Sapphire
- Stone CutRound Cut
- Weight33 g
- DimensionsWidth: 3.5 in (88.9 mm)Length: 2 in (50.8 mm)
- Place of OriginUnited States
- PeriodLate 20th Century
- Date of Manufacture1980s
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationAtlanta, GA
- Reference NumberSeller: FD#1506-ATL 1stDibs: LU53336187442
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Atlanta, GA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
Tiffany & Co.
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most prominent purveyors of luxury goods in the United States, and has long been an important arbiter of style in the design of diamond engagement rings. A young Franklin Delano Roosevelt proposed to his future wife, Eleanor, with a Tiffany ring in 1904. Vanderbilts, Whitneys, Astors and members of the Russian imperial family all wore Tiffany & Co. jewels. And Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis preferred Tiffany china for state dinners at the White House.
Although synonymous with luxury today, the firm started out rather modestly. Charles Lewis Tiffany and John B. Young founded it in Connecticut as a “stationery and fancy goods emporium” in 1837, at a time when European imports still dominated the nascent American luxury market. In 1853, Charles Tiffany — who in 1845 had launched the company’s famed catalog, the Blue Book, and with it, the firm’s signature robin’s-egg blue, which he chose for the cover — shifted the focus to fine jewelry. In 1868, Tiffany & Co. gained international recognition when it became the first U.S. firm to win an award for excellence in silverware at the Exposition Universelle in Paris. From then on, it belonged to the pantheon of American luxury brands.
At the start of the Gilded Age, in 1870, Tiffany & Co. opened its flagship store, described as a "palace of jewels" by the New York Times, at 15 Union Square West in Manhattan. Throughout this period, its designs for silver tableware, ceremonial silver, flatware and jewelry were highly sought-after indicators of status and taste. They also won the firm numerous accolades, including the grand prize for silverware at the Paris Exposition of 1878. Among the firm’s glittering creations from this time are masterworks of Art Nouveau jewelry, such as this delicate aquamarine necklace and this lavish plique-à-jour peridot and gold necklace, both circa 1900.
When Charles Lewis Tiffany died, in 1902, his son Louis Comfort Tiffany became the firm’s design director. Under his leadership, the Tiffany silver studio was a de facto design school for apprentice silversmiths, who worked alongside head artisan Edward C. Moore. The firm produced distinctive objects inspired by Japanese art and design, North American plants and flowers, and Native American patterns and crafts, adding aesthetic diversity to Tiffany & Co.’s distinguished repertoire.
Tiffany is also closely associated with diamonds, even lending its name to one particularly rare and exceptional yellow stone. The firm bought the Tiffany diamond in its raw state from the Kimberley mines of South Africa in 1878. Cut to create a 128.54-carat gem with an unprecedented 82 facets, it is one of the most spectacular examples of a yellow diamond in the world. In a broader sense, Tiffany & Co. helped put diamonds on the map in 1886 by introducing the American marketplace to the solitaire diamond design, which is still among the most popular engagement-ring styles. The trademark Tiffany® Setting raises the stone above the band on six prongs, allowing its facets to catch the light. A lovely recent example is this circa-2000 platinum engagement ring. Displaying a different design and aesthetic (but equally chic) is this exquisite diamond and ruby ring from the 1930s.
- Tiffany & Co Diamond, Ruby and 18 Karat Gold Unicorn BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Atlanta, GA1970s Vintage Tiffany and Co. 18K Gold, Diamond and Ruby Unicorn Brooch. Features .70 cttw Diamonds, 2 Rubies and a richly textured 18K Gold Body. Lapel Pin or Brooch, this is a vers...Category
Late 20th Century American Modern BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, 18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold$10,000Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Enamel and Diamond Frog Brooch, 18 Karat GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Atlanta, GAItem Details: Metal type: 18 Karat Yellow Gold Weight: 7.81 grams Measures: 1 Inch length x width Diamond Details: Accent Diamonds on the Eyes of the Frog Cut: Round Color: G Clari...Category
Vintage 1980s Unknown Modern BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Enamel$4,400Free Shipping
- Vintage 18K Gold Tiffany & Co Diamond and Emerald Bear and Cub Pin BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Atlanta, GAItem Details: Maker: Tiffany & Co. Metal Type: 18K Yellow Gold [Hallmarked, and Tested] Weight: 7.2 grams Pin Measurements: 1 inches Length Condition: Excellent Payment & Refund Det...Category
Vintage 1980s BroochesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$2,500Free Shipping
- 1960s Tiffany & Co. 18 Karat Gold Flower BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Atlanta, GA1960s Vintage Tiffany and Co. Flower Brooch. Features 18 Karat Yellow Gold with a subtle natural rosy patina. The front of pin has a textured satin finish. The back of the pin fea...Category
Late 20th Century German Modern BroochesMaterials
18k Gold$3,800Free Shipping
- 1960s Tiffany & Co. Diamond and Ruby Walrus Brooch in 18 Karat GoldBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Atlanta, GAItem Details: This whimsical brooch by Tiffany & Co. is masterfully crafted in 18 karat yellow gold. It features an accent diamond and rubies for eyes. Circa: 1960s Metal Type: 18 ...Category
Vintage 1960s American Retro BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, Gold, 18k Gold$4,800Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Gold Owl BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Atlanta, GATiffany and Co. Gold Owl Brooch - 18 karat Yellow Gold, Diamonds Features: 18 karat Yellow Gold 2 Round Brilliant Diamond Eyes Feather Textured Gold Wings, Tail and Face Owl is perc...Category
Late 20th Century American Contemporary BroochesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$4,500Free Shipping
- 18 Karat Gold Tsavorite Diamond Butterfly Brooch by Tiffany & Co., 1989By Tiffany & Co.Located in Zurich, CHGracious 18 karat gold tsavorite and diamond "Butterfly" brooch by Tiffany & Co., 1989. Crafted in 18 karat yellow gold and designed as a butterfly with sprawled wings, this beautifu...Category
Vintage 1980s American Contemporary BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Tsavorite, Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold$5,200Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Schlumberger Sapphire Emerald 18k Gold Chestnut BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYVery fine brooch by Tiffany & Co. Schlumberger, circa 1970s. Made in 18k yellow gold with sapphires and emeralds, in the likeness of a chestnut. A charming brooch full of life and ...Category
Late 20th Century BroochesMaterials
Emerald, Sapphire, 18k Gold$22,000Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co Brooch Pin in 18 Karat Gold with Sapphires & DiamondsBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Brisbane, QLDIt's no secret that we adore pieces by Tiffany & Co, and this sapphire and diamond bar brooch pin is no exception. Likely crafted in the 1950s or 1960s the bar brooch has been crafte...Category
Mid-20th Century American Retro BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Sapphire, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$2,900Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Sapphire and Diamond 18 Karat White Gold Crescent Moon BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in London, GBTiffany & Co sapphire and diamond 18 karat white gold crescent moon brooch circa 1960. This eye catching retro Tiffany & Co crescent moon shaped brooch is set with excellent mystery...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Sapphire, 18k Gold, White Gold$11,228Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Tourmaline and Diamond 'Butterfly' Pendant-BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYTiffany & Co. Tourmaline and Diamond 'Butterfly' Pendant-Brooch Designed as a butterfly, set with round and oval shaped diamonds, and round and pear shaped tourmalines, . Mounting ...Category
Late 20th Century Artist BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Tourmaline, Platinum
- Tiffany & Co. Pansy Sapphire Diamond Gold Platinum BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYTiffany & Co. pansy brooch that consists of sapphires, diamonds, and emeralds set on 18 karat yellow gold and platinum. Marked: 750 / PT.950 / Tiffany & Co. Total weight: 10.5 gram...Category
Vintage 1980s BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Sapphire, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Platinum$15,000Free Shipping
- Cartier Diamond Trinity RingBy CartierLocated in New York, NYRare example of the trinity collection with two interlocking rings. Made, signed & numbered by Cartier. 18k yellow gold, fully set with round brilliant diamonds, approximately 1.50 c...Category
Vintage 1980s French Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$9,000Free Shipping
- 1960s Marcasite Sterling Silver Bar PinLocated in Atlanta, GA1960s Art Deco-Inspired Marcasite and Sterling Silver Bar Pin. Made in Germany, this exquisite Maracasite Bar Pin exemplifies Art Deco-Inspired, Retro Style! It features 3 rows of M...Category
Mid-20th Century Unknown Retro BroochesMaterials
Marcasite, Sterling Silver$1,000Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Pearl and Enamel 18 Karat Yellow Gold EarringsBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Atlanta, GA1980s Tiffany and Co. Pearl Earrings - 18 Karat Yellow Gold, Enamel, Pearls Features: Large Pearl Centers Cobalt Blue Enamel accented with 18 Karat Gold 18 Karat Yellow Gold Backs ...Category
Late 20th Century American Contemporary Stud EarringsMaterials
Pearl, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$5,000Free Shipping
- Roman Malakov 0.22 Carat Total Round Diamond V-Shaped Wedding Band RingBy Roman MalakovLocated in New York, NYA modern wedding band style that can stack with an engagement ring. Set with 0.22 carats total of round brilliant diamonds along a V-shaped mounting. Made with 18K Yellow Gold Size 6...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Modern Wedding RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$1,000Free Shipping
- Cushion Cut Ruby Diamond Gold Engagement RingBy Roman MalakovLocated in New York, NYThis ring is set with a 1.18 carat roundish cushion cut red ruby stone. Shank is set with round cut melee diamonds. Set in 18k white gold. Size 6.5 US (Sizable upon request). Style ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Modern Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, 18k Gold, White Gold$3,200Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
The Sparkling Legacy of Tiffany & Co. Explained, One Jewel at a Time
A gorgeous new book celebrates — and memorializes — the iconic jeweler’s rich heritage.
15 Scintillating Jewelry Watches to Elevate Your Holiday Style
Watchmakers have tucked their movements into all manner of precious baubles, from lapel pins to cocktail rings. The result is dazzling, wearable art that will get you to the party on time.