- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Tiffany & Co Brooch Pin in 18 Karat Gold with Sapphires & Diamonds
- Stone Cut
- Weight3.5 g
- DimensionsLength: 1.78 in (45 mm)
- Place of OriginUnited States
- Date of ManufactureCirca 1960
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationBrisbane, AU
- Reference NumberSeller: JB05311stDibs: LU2099215805592
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Brisbane, Australia
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
Tiffany & Co.
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most prominent purveyors of luxury goods in the United States, and has long been an important arbiter of style in the design of diamond engagement rings. A young Franklin Delano Roosevelt proposed to his future wife, Eleanor, with a Tiffany ring in 1904. Vanderbilts, Whitneys, Astors and members of the Russian imperial family all wore Tiffany & Co. jewels. And Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis preferred Tiffany china for state dinners at the White House.
Although synonymous with luxury today, the firm started out rather modestly. Charles Lewis Tiffany and John B. Young founded it in Connecticut as a “stationery and fancy goods emporium” in 1837, at a time when European imports still dominated the nascent American luxury market. In 1853, Charles Tiffany — who in 1845 had launched the company’s famed catalog, the Blue Book, and with it, the firm’s signature robin’s-egg blue, which he chose for the cover — shifted the focus to fine jewelry. In 1868, Tiffany & Co. gained international recognition when it became the first U.S. firm to win an award for excellence in silverware at the Exposition Universelle in Paris. From then on, it belonged to the pantheon of American luxury brands.
At the start of the Gilded Age, in 1870, Tiffany & Co. opened its flagship store, described as a "palace of jewels" by the New York Times, at 15 Union Square West in Manhattan. Throughout this period, its designs for silver tableware, ceremonial silver, flatware and jewelry were highly sought-after indicators of status and taste. They also won the firm numerous accolades, including the grand prize for silverware at the Paris Exposition of 1878. Among the firm’s glittering creations from this time are masterworks of Art Nouveau jewelry, such as this delicate aquamarine necklace and this lavish plique-à-jour peridot and gold necklace, both circa 1900.
When Charles Lewis Tiffany died, in 1902, his son Louis Comfort Tiffany became the firm’s design director. Under his leadership, the Tiffany silver studio was a de facto design school for apprentice silversmiths, who worked alongside head artisan Edward C. Moore. The firm produced distinctive objects inspired by Japanese art and design, North American plants and flowers, and Native American patterns and crafts, adding aesthetic diversity to Tiffany & Co.’s distinguished repertoire.
Tiffany is also closely associated with diamonds, even lending its name to one particularly rare and exceptional yellow stone. The firm bought the Tiffany diamond in its raw state from the Kimberley mines of South Africa in 1878. Cut to create a 128.54-carat gem with an unprecedented 82 facets, it is one of the most spectacular examples of a yellow diamond in the world. In a broader sense, Tiffany & Co. helped put diamonds on the map in 1886 by introducing the American marketplace to the solitaire diamond design, which is still among the most popular engagement-ring styles. The trademark Tiffany® Setting raises the stone above the band on six prongs, allowing its facets to catch the light. A lovely recent example is this circa-2000 platinum engagement ring. Displaying a different design and aesthetic (but equally chic) is this exquisite diamond and ruby ring from the 1930s.
- Mid Century, French, 18 Karat Gold and Diamond Spiral Brooch PinLocated in Brisbane, QLDAn incredibly beautiful pinwheel style brooch crafted entirely in 18 karat yellow gold and white gold, set with brilliant cut diamonds. The piece comprises of fine gold wire which ha...Category
Mid-20th Century French Retro BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold$16,260Free Shipping
- 14 Karat Gold and Diamond Fern Brooch PinLocated in Brisbane, QLDA beautifully textured 14 karat gold 'fern' style brooch pin set with diamonds. The tapered and textured fern is centrally set with a single semi modern brilliant cut diamond of G co...Category
Mid-20th Century American Modern BroochesMaterials
Diamond, 14k Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold, Gold$8,250Free Shipping
- Victorian, 9 Karat Gold, Amethyst & Pearl Brooch PinLocated in Brisbane, QLDA beautiful early Victorian brooch pin crafted in 9 karat yellow gold, set with an amethyst and pearls. The brooch pin is marked to the back for manufacture in Exeter, England, and h...Category
Antique 19th Century English Victorian BroochesMaterials
Amethyst, Pearl, Gold, 9k Gold, Yellow Gold$1,800Free Shipping
- 18 Karat White & Yellow Gold Spray Brooch with White & Yellow DiamondsLocated in Brisbane, QLDThis bold and well crafted brooch pin has been manufactured from yellow and white 18 karat gold and set with an array of white and yellow diamonds. The stylised 'artist's palette' is...Category
20th Century Unknown Modernist BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Yellow Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Rose Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold$25,075Free Shipping
- English, Gold, Diamond and Enamel Jockey Brooch PinLocated in Brisbane, QLDA wonderfully playful 18 karat gold, diamond and enamel brooch pin in the form of a jockey on a horse. The pin is crafted with an 18 karat white gold body which is accented with yell...Category
Late 20th Century British Modern BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold, Enamel$3,160Free Shipping
- Andrew Grima 18 Karat Gold, Citrine and Diamond BroochBy Andrew GrimaLocated in Brisbane, QLDThe most incredible gold brooch by perhaps the most famous modernist jeweller to have lived, Andrew Grima. Formed from 18 karat gold this 'nest' style brooch is crafted with satin fi...Category
Mid-20th Century British Modernist BroochesMaterials
Citrine, Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$11,250Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Diamond Yellow Sapphire 18 Karat Yellow Gold Pineapple BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Philadelphia, PADesigned as a stylized pineapple fruit with a furling crown of high polished gold leaves. Body features pavé set round cut sapphires weighing approximately 4.50 carats total. Transpa...Category
Vintage 1960s Contemporary BroochesMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Sapphire, Yellow Sapphire, Gold, 18k Gold, Yello...$4,575Free Shipping
- McTeigue for Tiffany & Co. 18 Karat Solid Gold Signed Chestnut Leaf Pin BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Lauderdale by the Sea, FLThe McTeigue name has been highly regarded for their excellence in jewelry since 1895. For over 50 years, they supplied Tiffany & Co with choice, high-quality 18 karat gold jewelry u...Category
Vintage 1970s American Modern BroochesMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Tiffany & Co. 14 Karat Antique Yellow Gold Sapphire and Diamond PinBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Chicago, ILThe pin is made of 14K yellow gold and weighs 5.10 DWT (approx. 7.93 grams). It also has six round sapphires weighing 1.30 CTTW, and one european G/H-color, SI-clarity diamond weighi...Category
Early 20th Century Unknown Brooches$7,500Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. 18K Umbrella with Diamond Raindrops BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Fuquay Varina, NCA Tiffany and Co. 18K Yellow Gold whimsical umbrella brooch set with three diamond rain drops this is the perfect accessory for a rainy day. Comes with Original Tiffany Packaging. H...Category
Late 20th Century American BroochesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$2,999Free Shipping
- 18 Karat Gold Tsavorite Diamond Butterfly Brooch by Tiffany & Co., 1989By Tiffany & Co.Located in Zurich, CHGracious 18 karat gold tsavorite and diamond "Butterfly" brooch by Tiffany & Co., 1989. Crafted in 18 karat yellow gold and designed as a butterfly with sprawled wings, this beautifu...Category
Vintage 1980s American Contemporary BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Tsavorite, Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold$5,200Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Retro Sapphire Moonstone 14 Karat Gold Wreath BroochBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Philadelphia, PACircular brooch is a radial pattern with prong set gemstones and high polished gold leaf motif Featuring 6.0 x 8.0 mm oval cabochon moonstones - translucent with billowing white adu...Category
Vintage 1940s Retro BroochesMaterials
Moonstone, Sapphire, Blue Sapphire, 14k Gold, Gold, Yellow Gold$3,550Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
The Sparkling Legacy of Tiffany & Co. Explained, One Jewel at a Time
A gorgeous new book celebrates — and memorializes — the iconic jeweler’s rich heritage.
15 Scintillating Jewelry Watches to Elevate Your Holiday Style
Watchmakers have tucked their movements into all manner of precious baubles, from lapel pins to cocktail rings. The result is dazzling, wearable art that will get you to the party on time.