Vintage Chanel "Coco Chanel" Perfume Bottle Earrings
View Similar Items
Vintage Chanel "Coco Chanel" Perfume Bottle Earrings
About the Designer
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Browse vintage Chanel bags, evening dresses, shoes, jewelry and other clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
- Rare Vintage Chanel 1980s Red, White, & Gold Tone CC Earrings 1.5 Inch DiameterBy ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLThese amazing vintage Chanel earrings are from the early 1980's and are extremely rare. The beautiful red and white resin material is in excellent condition. They measure a large 1 ...Category
Vintage 1980s French Clip-on EarringsMaterials
- Chanel Gold Tone CC Earrings 15/16 Inch Diameter from the 1997 Spring CollectionBy ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLLovely Gold Tone CC Chanel earrings from the spring 1997 collection. Measuring just under 1 inch at 15/16 inch diameter. The clips are firm and t...Category
1990s French Clip-on EarringsMaterials
- Vintage Chanel Jumbo Black Leather and Gold Tone Earrings 1 13/16 inchBy ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLThese Vintage Chanel Jumbo Black Leather and Gold Tone earrings are for the lady who likes to make a big statement. They measure just under 1 7/8 inches in diameter. From the Chanel 29...Category
1990s French Clip-on Earrings$1,500Free Shipping
- Chanel Brown Suede Maltese Cross EarringsBy ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLThese authentic Chanel Brown Suede Maltese Cross Large Earrings are in very good condition from the season 29 collection, early 1990’s. Black suede button earrings with CHANEL engra...Category
1990s French Clip-on Earrings$2,250Free Shipping
- Chanel Gold Wheat Coin EarringsBy ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLThese authentic Chanel Gold Wheat Coin Earrings are in excellent vintage condition from the late 1980’s. Gold tone CHANEL engraved coins with chain s...Category
Vintage 1980s French Clip-on Earrings$1,550Free Shipping
- Chanel Red Gripoix Vintage EarringsBy ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLThese authentic Chanel Red Gripoix Clip On Earrings are in beautiful condition from the early 1980’s. Deep red Gripoix stone is surrounded by gold swirling scrolls on diamond shaped...Category
Vintage 1980s French Clip-on Earrings$2,250Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
A Chanel Wicker Handbag Gives Impossibly Chic Picnic Vibes
Only Chanel could elevate humble materials like denim and wicker to icon-level status.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery