- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Vintage Chanel Lion Head Earrings Clip Style Rare 1970s
- DimensionsDiameter: 1 in. (25.4 mm)
- Place of OriginFrance
- Date of Manufacture1970
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Patina and color loss to the gold metal.
- Seller LocationPort Saint Lucie, FL
- Reference NumberSeller: Chanel Lion Head Earrings Clip Style 1stDibs: LU407211219372
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingFree Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 6-8 days, excluding production time. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Port Saint Lucie, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About Chanel (Designer)
The first Chanel shop was opened in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, her designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz. Over the next six decades, Coco Chanel would become a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls.
However, Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a collarless jacket and fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Browse vintage Chanel evening dresses, jackets and more at 1stDibs.
- By FendiLocated in Port Saint Lucie, FLIncredible vintage earrings from Fendi feature a gold metal "sun" setting with large red glass cab center. Clip...Category
Vintage 1980s Contemporary Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Gilt Metal$399Free Shipping
- By Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Port Saint Lucie, FLDelightful clip-style earrings were designed by Robert Goossens for Yves Saint Laurent circa the early 1970s. T...Category
Vintage 1970s Russian Revival Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Gilt MetalDm 1.75 in.$425Free Shipping
- By Christian DiorLocated in Port Saint Lucie, FLThese pretty earrings were made by Christian Dior, likely in the 1980s. Made from gold metal, they feature topa...Category
Vintage 1980s Art Deco Clip-on Earrings
- By Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Port Saint Lucie, FLThese incredible earrings were designed by Robert Goossens for Yves Saint Laurent in the mid-1970s and feature l...Category
Vintage 1970s Contemporary Clip-on EarringsDm 2.25 in.$525Free Shipping
- By Christian LacroixLocated in Port Saint Lucie, FLThese chunky star earrings were made by Christian Lacroix, most likely in the early 1980s. Made from a light we...Category
Vintage 1980s Clip-on EarringsW 1.5 in. L 1.78 in.$325Free Shipping
- By Taxco MexicoLocated in Port Saint Lucie, FLHere's a cool vintage necklace and earrings set from TAXCO Mexico, most likely made in the late 1970s. The nec...Category
Vintage 1970s Modernist Choker NecklacesMaterials
Onyx, Silver, Sterling SilverL 16 in.$395Free Shipping
You May Also Like
Late 20th Century Clip-on Earrings
Diamond, 18k Gold
Late 20th Century Clip-on Earrings
Vintage 1970s Clip-on Earrings
Early 2000s Contemporary Clip-on Earrings
Citrine, Iolite, Peridot, 18k Gold
Early 2000s Clip-on Earrings
Diamond, White Diamond, Yellow Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold