- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
David Morris Hematite Bead Necklace with 1.18Ct Dia. 6.24Ct Pink/Yel Sapphires
- Stone Cut
- DimensionsLength: 15.5 in. (393.7 mm)
- Place of OriginUnited Kingdom
- Date of Manufacture1986
- Seller LocationNew York, NY
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU1092315262162
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About the Designer
Renowned for innovative designs that combine traditional craftsmanship with contemporary style, London jeweler David Morris has been a favorite among discerning jewelry buyers, European royalty and Hollywood stars for the past 60 years.
Morris was born in North London in 1936. He apprenticed as a teenager under a leading jeweler in Hatton Garden, London’s jewelry quarter, and later attended the Central School of Arts and Crafts, where he studied goldsmithing.
In 1962, Morris opened his first atelier. His jewelry designs, which featured valuable gemstones like Colombian emeralds and Kashmir sapphires, soon attracted the attention of London’s wealthy and elite. In 1965, actor Richard Burton purchased for Elizabeth Taylor a heart-shaped diamond necklace that Morris designed. For Prince Charles’s 21st birthday in 1969, Morris was commissioned to design a gold dragon hood ornament for his Aston Martin convertible — the same car driven by Prince William and Catherine Middleton on their wedding day in 2011.
One of Morris’s most famous associations is with the James Bond films — indeed, the franchise’s relationship with jewelry isn’t simply about watches alone. In 1971, Morris created the lavish diamond jewelry prominently featured in the opening credits of Diamonds Are Forever. He also designed the jadeite pendant necklace worn by Bond girl Maud Adams in The Man With The Golden Gun, the Burmese sapphire ring and the diamond scoop necklace worn by Teri Hatcher in Tomorrow Never Dies, and, of course, Denise Richards’s rose-cut and micro-pavé adornments in The World Is Not Enough.
Morris’s company expanded from its initial Mayfair location to its flagship store on New Bond Street in London (established in 1996). The brand has opened several boutiques worldwide. David Morris cocktail rings, drop earrings, studs, pendant necklaces and brooches feature a glittering array of flawless diamonds, vibrant colored gemstones and luminous pearls. Today, the jewelry business is family-run, with his son Jeremy having been at the helm since 2003.
Morris’s jewelry has been featured in exhibitions such as “Designing 007 — Fifty Years of Bond Style,” which opened in 2012 at the Barbican in London. His pieces are also part of the permanent collection at the Victoria and Albert Museum.
- David Morris 18Kt Yellow/Blackened Gold Diamond & Pink Tourmaline Heart EarringsBy David MorrisLocated in New York, NYThese 18 karat yellow gold teardrop shaped earrings were designed by David Morris.They feature Pink Tourmaline heart centers with a yellow gold bezel setting. The hearts sit on top o...Category
1990s Modern Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Tourmaline, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Natural Faceted 302 Carat Emerald Bead 6-Strand Necklace with Diamond ClaspLocated in New York, NY302 carats of graduating emerald beads glisten in this beautiful multi-strand bib necklace. The six strands of emeralds are held together by an 18 karat gold and round brilliant diam...Category
Vintage 1980s Beaded NecklacesMaterials
Emerald, 18k Gold
- Six Strand Pearl Necklace with Diamond, Ruby, Emerald, and Blue Sapphire CenterBy CelliniLocated in New York, NYThis exquisite necklace feature 18 karat yellow gold clasp set with round brilliant cut Diamonds and baguette cut Rubies. The piece is further accented with cabachon Emeralds and a 1...Category
1990s Retro Beaded NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, Cultured Pearl, Ruby, Blue Sapphire, 18k Gold, Yellow ...
- Yvel 18KT Yellow Gold Diamond .47Ct Sapphires .42Ct Freshwater Pearl NecklaceBy YvelLocated in New York, NYRare organic pearls are Yvel's signature design. Cellini Jewelers NYC presents their 18 karat yellow gold necklace with 7 flat freshwater pearls. The 21" necklace is designed with a ...Category
Early 2000s Modern Drop NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Freshwater Pearl, Sapphire, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Cellini 18KT Gold 37.55 Carat Pink Sapphire Briolette & Diamond Flower NecklaceBy CelliniLocated in New York, NYThis uniquely stunning necklace is composed of 10.38 carats of round brilliant and rose-cut diamonds, and 37.55 carats of pink sapphires. The briolette cut allows the sapphires to d...Category
2010s Contemporary Beaded NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Pink Sapphire, 18k Gold, White Gold
- 3.83 Carat Four Strand Natural Emerald Bead Necklace with Frosted Crystal ClaspBy TrianonLocated in New York, NYMagnificent classic emerald bead necklace. This necklace has 4 strands of emerald beads measuring approximately 5-6 mm. The strands are held together with a frosted crystal ball scre...Category
1990s Retro Multi-Strand NecklacesMaterials
Crystal, Emerald, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
You May Also Like
21st Century and Contemporary Contemporary Multi-Strand Necklaces
Diamond, South Sea Pearl, 18k Gold, White Gold
Early 2000s Belle Époque Beaded Necklaces
Diamond, Pearl, Gold
Early 2000s Art Deco Multi-Strand Necklaces
Diamond, Black Pearl
21st Century and Contemporary Beaded Necklaces
Pink Sapphire, 18k Gold, White Gold
21st Century and Contemporary More Necklaces
Diamond, Pink Sapphire, Platinum
Late 20th Century Beaded Necklaces
Diamond, Sapphire, 18k Gold, White Gold
2010s Art Deco Multi-Strand Necklaces
Crystal, Hematite, Rock Crystal, Silver
Mid-20th Century Beaded Necklaces
Pink Sapphire, Ruby, Sapphire
Vintage 1960s Retro Beaded Necklaces
Coral, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
Early 2000s Beaded Necklaces
Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, Gold, 14k Gold
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery