Boucheron Burma Sapphire Diamond Ring
About the Item
- Stone Cut:
- Weight:11 g
- Place of Origin:France
- Date of Manufacture:Circa 1960s
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Idar-Oberstein, DE
- Reference Number:Seller: RSR0450591stDibs: LU654206680
As the oldest high-end jewelry boutique on the legendary Place Vendôme in Paris, dating to 1893, Boucheron stands for history, sensuality and avant-garde style. The French design house has created iconic rings, necklaces and other adornments over its more than 160-year history for royalty like the Russian imperial family, the Maharaja of Patiala and Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. It has also received popular acclaim with its modern designs and playful motifs such as serpents and cats.
Since its founding in 1858 by Frédéric Boucheron with a boutique at the Palais Royal arcades, the maison has sought to create unforgettably unique pieces, push the boundaries of innovations in jewelry design and celebrate the opulence of gold. Many of its pieces are sculpted in gold by expert goldsmiths so that the material becomes a design element in its own right. Frédéric’s son Louis was especially interested in the Art Deco style as well as accessories like cigarette holders, bags and belts.
Boucheron is most famously known for its sources of inspiration: nature, animals and the earth. Its iconic Serpent Bohème collection, introduced in 1968, references the curves and scales of the animal with pear-shaped motifs and coiled accents adorned with diamonds and other precious stones like turquoise, lapis lazuli and malachite. Frédéric Boucheron gave a serpent necklace to his wife as a symbol of love and protection. Leopards, hummingbirds, deer and hedgehogs are referenced in the Animaux de Collection, while high-end 3D technology in the Nature Triomphante meticulously re-creates flower petals, ivy branches and other organic forms.
Boucheron also pays homage to Paris, the city where it was founded. The octagonal shape of the Place Vendôme is translated into the geometric Liseré pieces, and the Clou de Paris motif is inspired by the cobblestones on its streets. Since 1859, when Boucheron introduced a collection of pocket watches, the atelier has also regularly created timepieces with the same elegance and refinement as its jewelry.
Despite having such a long legacy, Boucheron has always been ahead of its time. Its creative collections and bold jewelry remain coveted and cherished. In 2018, its flagship in the Place Vendôme reopened after a restoration under its current owner Kering.
Find vintage Boucheron jewelry on 1stDibs.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Idar-Oberstein, Germany
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Royal Blue No-Heat Burma Sapphire and Diamond RingLocated in Idar-Oberstein, DEA beautiful sapphire and diamond ring in white gold. The centre sapphire weighs 2.817 carats. It is natural, not heated, and o...Category
Late 20th Century Cocktail RingsMaterials
Diamond, Sapphire, 18k GoldFree Shipping
- Decorative Diamond Retro Ring, 1950sLocated in Idar-Oberstein, DEA highly decorative diamond retro ring, ca. 1950s. The ring is in 14k yellow gold and has a very fine craftsmanship. The profile has a swirly curvaceous design while the top of the r...Category
Vintage 1950s Retro Cluster RingsMaterials
Diamond, 14k GoldFree Shipping
- 1940s Retro Diamond Gold Cluster RingLocated in Idar-Oberstein, DEA beautiful Retro Diamond Ring, ca. 1940s. The shape follows the classic retro features with its curly and bold design. The ring is studded with ca. 2.50 carats of old-cut diamond...Category
Vintage 1940s Unknown Retro Cluster RingsMaterials
Diamond, 14k Gold, PlatinumFree Shipping
- 1940s Ruby Diamond Flower Cluster RingLocated in Idar-Oberstein, DEAn unusual Ruby and Diamond Cluster Ring, ca. 1940s. Centring an old-cut diamond of ca. 0.85ct (ca. I/VS1), surrounded by six ruby petals, accentuated by another flower studded wi...Category
Vintage 1940s Cluster RingsMaterials
Diamond, RubyFree Shipping
- Colombian Emerald Diamond White Gold Floral RingLocated in Idar-Oberstein, DEA beautiful floral ring with an emerald cut Colombian emerald surrounded by square Asscher and marquise cut diamonds. The emerald has an intense vivid green colour and a beautiful ...Category
20th Century German Cocktail RingsMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, White Gold, 18k GoldFree Shipping
- Pigeon Blood Ruby 'No Heat, Burma' and Diamond Cluster Ring, ca. 1900Located in Idar-Oberstein, DEA natural Burmese ruby and single cut diamond cluster Ring, ca. 1900. The cushion cut ruby is of exceptional quality. It has a pigeon blood red colour and beautiful crystal. It wei...Category
Antique Early 1900s Late Victorian Cluster RingsMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, 18k Gold, Platinum
- Boucheron Burma Sapphire Ring, 7.11 CaratsBy BoucheronLocated in New Orleans, LAAn exceptional 7.11-carat royal blue sapphire forms the focal point of this ring. The gemstone is certified by Gübelin as hailing from Burma and being completely untreated, with no g...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Modern Cocktail RingsMaterials
White Diamond, Sapphire, Blue Sapphire, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Burma Ruby Ring by BoucheronBy BoucheronLocated in New Orleans, LAThis remarkable Burma ruby ring by Boucheron is a beautiful jeweled creation by one of the most famous names in luxury. The approximately 0.89-carat ov...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Modern Cluster RingsMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Ruby, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- Vintage No Heat Burma Sapphire Diamond Platinum Cluster Ring AGLLocated in Philadelphia, PACluster ring centers an oval mixed cut Burma sapphire weighing 2.61 carats Bright royal blue in color with no indications of heat Set by split prongs and surrounded by a cluster of...Category
Vintage 1960s Contemporary Cluster RingsMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Sapphire, Blue Sapphire, Platinum
- Edwardian 4.84 Carat Fine Burmese Sapphire Diamond Gold Cluster RingLocated in London, GBA turn-of-the-century Burmese sapphire and diamond cluster ring, the central round-shaped faceted sapphire weighing 4.84 carats, accompanied by GAGTL certificate stating to be of Bur...Category
20th Century British Edwardian Cluster RingsMaterials
Diamond, Sapphire, Yellow Gold
- Unheated GIA Cert 5.98 Carat Burmese Sapphire Diamond Platinum RingLocated in New York, NYThis magnificent sapphire and diamond ring, features 5.98 Carat Unheated Burmese Sapphire, GIA Certified. set with 3.04 Carats of multi shape diamonds.Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Cluster RingsMaterials
Blue Sapphire, Sapphire, Platinum
- Boucheron Sapphire Diamond Gold RingBy BoucheronLocated in New York, NYBoucheron sapphire diamond gold ring Cabochon sapphire of approximately 9.85 carats, square-cut sapphires of approximately 2 carats, round-cut dia...Category
Late 20th Century Cocktail RingsMaterials
Diamond, Sapphire, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow GoldFree Shipping
Recently ViewedView All
This Gem-Encrusted Boucheron Brooch Is a Symbol of Mid-Century Glamour and Clever Design
Though it sparkles with more than 27 carats of diamonds, this multifaceted gem delivers more than just dazzle.
7 Vibrant Jewels for a Breezy Late-Summer Wardrobe
Soak up the pleasures of the season with a these bold gems.