Harry Winston 3.06 Ct Emerald Cut Three Stone Diamond Engagement Ring Platinum
About the Item
- Ring Size:4.75 US, Resizable
- Stone Cut:
- Place of Origin:United States
- Date of Manufacture:2000
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:New York, NY
- Reference Number:Seller: 21821stDibs: LU3540219322792
Among the famed gemstones that Harry Winston (1896–1978) encountered over the course of his career was the Hope diamond, which he donated to the Smithsonian Institution in 1958. Today, Winston is regarded as the “King of Diamonds” and the “Jeweler to the Stars” as one of the first to recognize the branding power of lending glitzy earrings, necklaces and other fine jewelry for red-carpet events.
Winston’s father had immigrated to New York from Ukraine and ran a small jewelry shop where a young Harry learned about precious stones, enough, the story goes, to identify a real emerald in a heap of pawnshop jewelry at the age of 12. His early success involved turning that eye to estate sale collections that he transformed by freeing gemstones from dated ornamentation, giving them new cuts and modern settings. He opened Harry Winston Inc. in 1932, where he influenced 20th-century-jewelry trends by always elevating the stones rather than adding the lavish decorations that had pervaded jewelry in the 19th century.
The first of the celebrated diamonds to be purchased by Winston was the 726-carat uncut Jonker, acquired in 1935. Many others followed, including the 726.60-carat Vargas from Brazil which, in 1938, he tracked down across multiple continents after he read a brief newspaper notice about its discovery. The rarity and beauty of the gemstones he pursued and presented in his boutiques made the Winston brand synonymous with excellence.
Winston was also a pioneer of marketing as the first jeweler to dress an Academy Awards nominee when he loaned some diamond jewelry to Jennifer Jones for the 1944 Oscar ceremony. Winston was renowned for his eye for the finest of gemstones and the ability to design pieces in order to best flaunt their natural dazzle. He regularly showed off his collection in touring exhibitions, such as the 1949 “Court of Jewels,” which featured the Hope diamond. His storied past and long legacy is continued by the House of Harry Winston and its salons in Japan, the United Kingdom and elsewhere.
On 1stDibs, find a stunning collection of Harry Winston jewelry that includes bracelets, wedding rings, engagement rings and other accessories.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Emerald & Diamond Engagement Ring Platinum & 18k Yellow GoldLocated in New York, NYThis is a stunning, exceptional piece, photographs don't give it justice! It's an amazing 7.76 CT Emerald, Basket set and flanked by 2 trilliant cut diamonds. The emerald is vivid an...Category
Late 20th Century American Three-Stone RingsMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, Yellow Gold, Platinum$53,000Free Shipping
- Columbian Emerald & Diamond Baguette EarringsLocated in New York, NYA pair of beautiful custom crafted 18k & platinum diamond & emerald earrings. Earrings consist of 2 gorgeous emerald cut Columbian emeralds weighing...Category
Vintage 1980s Central American Contemporary Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, Platinum$32,500Free Shipping
- Oscar Heyman for Gumbiner Platinum and Diamond Leaf Brooch 1950sBy Oscar HeymanLocated in New York, NYA very special and rare Oscar Heyman Brooch with 11 pear shape diamonds, 11 straight baguettes and five rounds E-F color VS-SI clarity with fine brilliance. Approximately 9 cttw set ...Category
Vintage 1950s British Modern BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Platinum$24,950Free Shipping
- 18k White Gold Briolette Emerald & Diamond NecklaceLocated in New York, NY18k white gold diamond and emerald 16" necklace containing 30 briolette cut emeralds weighing approximately .50 cts each with decorated diamond bead caps. Approximately 7.65 cts of a...Category
Vintage 1980s American Modern Pendant NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, White Gold$16,900Free Shipping
- 1930s Large Citrine & Diamond Statement Ring 18k GoldLocated in New York, NYGorgeous Retro Statement Citrine & Diamond Ring hand made in 18k Yellow Gold and Platinum. Citrine Stone has unusually faceted pavilion and set in ...Category
Vintage 1920s Unknown Retro Cocktail RingsMaterials
Citrine, Diamond, 18k Gold$6,400Free Shipping
- Seidangang Statement Necklace 18k Gold Semi-Precious StonesLocated in New York, NYEtruscan inspired, esclavage style 18k yellow gold necklace. Four stands of multi shaped gold beads featuring a center pendant with dancing couple, 3 diamonds, semi precious stones a...Category
Vintage 1980s American Etruscan Revival Pendant NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Natural Pearl, Tanzanite, Tourmaline, 18k Gold$16,950Free Shipping
- Mid Century GIA 3.06 Carats Emerald Cut Diamond Platinum Engagement RingLocated in Beverly Hills, CAOne Mid Century GIA 3.06 Carats Emerald Cut Diamond Platinum Engagement Ring. Featuring one GIA emerald cut diamond of 3.06 carats, accompanied with GIA #6412069934 stating the diamo...Category
Vintage 1960s Unknown Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Platinum$67,700Free Shipping
- Emerald-Cut Emerald and Diamond Three Stone Engagement Ring, PlatinumLocated in New York, NYA 1.41 ct. Emerald-Cut Emerald and 0.30 ct. Diamond Three Stone Engagement Ring made in Platinum. The ring size is US 6.25. The total weight of the ring is 4.5 grams.Category
20th Century Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, Platinum$8,700Free Shipping
- Harry Winston Platinum 0.71 ct Diamond Solitaire Engagement RingBy Harry WinstonLocated in Southampton, PAOne can't deny the exquisite elegance of this diamond engagement ring. The 2mm slender band is fashioned from platinum and topped with a 0.71 ct diamond center stone. The solitary ce...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Platinum$8,500Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. 3.06 Carats Lucida Cut Diamond Platinum Solitaire Engagement RingBy Tiffany & Co.Located in Philadelphia, PACentering a Lucida cut diamond weighing 3.06 carats total - H color with VS2 clarity. Prong set in a stylized crisscross motif basket. Completed by a high polished finish. Stamped fo...Category
Late 20th Century Contemporary Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Platinum$72,500Free Shipping
- Harry Winston by Jacques Timey Pear Shape Diamond Three-Stone Engagement RingBy Harry WinstonLocated in New York, NYA classic Harry Winston diamond engagement ring showcasing a GIA certified 12.00 carat pear shape diamond, flanked by tapered ba...Category
1990s American Contemporary Engagement RingsMaterials
- Harry Winston Platinum Diamond Engagement Ring 1.76ct E/VVS1 GIA CertBy Harry WinstonLocated in London, GBA glamorous platinum diamond engagement ring by Harry Winston from The One collection. The ring is set to the centre in a four claw mount with a cushion cut diamond weighing 1.76ct, ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Contemporary Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Platinum$42,646Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery