- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Andy WarholWoman in a Pink Hat
- CreatorAndy Warhol (1928 - 1987, American)
- Creation Yearc. 1956
- DimensionsHeight: 10.625 in (26.99 cm)Width: 8 in (20.32 cm)
- Movement & Style
- ConditionThe colors appear vibrant and the support appears stable. There appears to be a small area of discoloration that is likely inherent to the artwork.
- Gallery LocationPalm Desert, CA
- Reference NumberSeller: 361371stDibs: LU937484622
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Jackson, WY
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Artist
The name of American artist Andy Warhol is all but synonymous with Pop art, the movement he helped shape in the 1960s. He is known for his clever appropriation of motifs and images from popular advertising and commercials, which he integrated into graphic, vibrant works that utilized mass-production technologies such as printmaking, photography and silkscreening. Later in his career, Warhol expanded his oeuvre to include other forms of media, founding Interview magazine and producing fashion shoots and films on-site at the Factory, his world-famous studio in New York.
Born and educated in in Pittsburgh, Warhol moved to New York City in 1949 and built a successful career as a commercial illustrator. Although he made whimsical drawings as a hobby during these years, his career as a fine artist began in the mid-1950s with ink-blot drawings and hand-drawn silkscreens. The 1955 lithograph You Can Lead a Shoe to Water illustrates how he incorporated in his artwork advertising styles and techniques, in this case shoe commercials.
As a child, Warhol was often sick and spent much of his time in bed, where he would make sketches and put together collections of movie-star photographs. He described this period as formative in terms of his skills and interests. Indeed, Warhol remained obsessed with celebrities throughout his career, often producing series devoted to a famous face or an object from the popular culture, such as Chairman Mao or Campbell’s tomato soup. The 1967 silkscreen Marilyn 25 embodies his love of bright color and famous subjects.
Warhol was a prominent cultural figure in New York during the 1960s, ’70s and ’80s. The Factory was a gathering place for the era’s celebrities, writers, drag queens and fellow artists, and collaboration was common. To this day, Warhol remains one of the most important artists of the 20th century and continues to exert influence on contemporary creators.
Find a collection of original Andy Warhol art on 1stDibs.
- Dibujo a la manera de Velasquez (Drawing in the Manner of Velasquez)By Fernando BoteroLocated in Palm Desert, CAA drawing by Fernando Botero. "Dibujo a la Manera de Velasquez" is a portrait, charcoal and pastel on cardboard in an earth-tone palette by Latin American artist Fernando Botero. It ...Category
Mid-20th Century Post-War Portrait Drawings and WatercolorsMaterials
Cardboard, Charcoal, Pastel
- Related FiguresLocated in Palm Desert, CAA drawing by Irving Norman. "Related Figures" is a social surrealist painting, pen, ink, and pencil on artist's board in black and white by American Post-War artist Irving Norman. Th...Category
20th Century Post-War Figurative Drawings and WatercolorsMaterials
- Etude de vieille femmeBy Léon Augustin LhermitteLocated in Palm Desert, CA"Etude De Vieille Femme" is a pastel drawing by Leon Augustin Lhermitte. The pastel is signed in the lower right, "L.L'Hermitte". The framed work measures 34 x 28 1/2 x 2 in. The wor...Category
1870s Figurative Drawings and WatercolorsMaterials
Crayon, Pastel, Cardboard
- Ford carBy Andy WarholLocated in Palm Desert, CA"Ford car" is a drawing by Pop artist Andy Warhol. The drawing is signed in pencil, lower left, "Andy Warhol". The framed work measures 21 3/4 x 26 x 1 1/2 in. Andy Warhol — who fa...Category
1980s Pop Art Still-life Drawings and WatercolorsMaterials
- Untitled (Seated Female Nude)By William Theophilus BrownLocated in Palm Desert, CAA drawing by William Theophilus Brown. "Untitled (Seated Female Nude)" is a nude figurative drawing, charcoal, pencil and wash on paper in black and white by American artist Willam T...Category
Late 20th Century Post-War Nude Drawings and WatercolorsMaterials
- ShrapnelLocated in Palm Desert, CAA drawing by Irving Norman. "Shrapnel" is a social surrealist drawing, pen and ink on artists board in black and white by Post-War artist Irving Norman. The artwork is signed on the ...Category
20th Century Post-War Landscape Drawings and WatercolorsMaterials
- Male PortraitBy Andy WarholLocated in Los Angeles, CABlack ballpoint pen on paper. This work is unique. Work comes with a Certificate of Provenance. Stamped on the verso by the Estate of the Artist and The Andy Warhol Foundation for th...Category
1950s Pop Art Portrait Drawings and WatercolorsMaterials
Ballpoint Pen, Paper
- Young ManBy Andy WarholLocated in Los Angeles, CABlue ballpoint pen on paper. This work is unique. Work comes with a Certificate of Provenance. Stamped on the verso by the Estate of the Artist and The Andy Warhol Foundation for the...Category
1950s Pop Art Portrait Drawings and WatercolorsMaterials
Paper, Ballpoint Pen
- UNTITLED ( JON GOULD)By Andy WarholLocated in Aventura, FLOriginal graphite drawing on paper. Signed "Jon/ Andy 82" in pencil lower right. Authenticated and stamped on verso by the Andy Warhol Foundation. Jon Gould was a Vice President of ...Category
1980s Pop Art Figurative Drawings and WatercolorsMaterials
- Tribute you Docteur Noyer, Picasso, 1970's, Work on paper, Drawing, PortraitBy Pablo PicassoLocated in Geneva, CHTribute you Docteur Noyer, Picasso, 1970's, Work on paper, Drawing, Portrait Dédicace pour le Docteur Noyer 26.08.1970 Wax pencil on paper 32 x 24 cm 55 x 47.5 cm (with frame) Signe...Category
1970s Post-War Portrait Drawings and WatercolorsMaterials
- ManuBy Anastasia KurakinaLocated in Roma, ITa live portrait of a handsome boyCategory
2010s Impressionist Portrait Drawings and WatercolorsMaterials
Ink, Tempera, Watercolor
- Campbell’s Soup II Complete PortfolioBy Andy WarholLocated in West Hollywood, CAThe Campbell’s Soup II full suite was printed in 1969 by Salvatore Silkscreen Co., Inc., New York. The complete portfolio of ten screenprints on paper, included in this suite are: FS...Category
1960s Pop Art Prints and MultiplesMaterials
ScreenPrice Upon Request
- Untitled, EtchingBy Wayne ThiebaudLocated in London, GBEtching on paper, 1962/64, signed and numbered E.A. from the edition of 60, printed by Atelier Georges Leblanc, Paris, published by Galleria Schwarz, Milan, 25.2 x 19.2 cm. (10 x 7½...Category
1960s Modern Still-life PrintsMaterials
- Denied Warhol Brillo Box, Contemporary Pop Art Sculpture by Charles LutzBy Charles LutzLocated in Brooklyn, NYDenied Warhol Brillo Box, Contemporary Pop Art Sculpture by Charles Lutz. Silkscreen and latex paint on wood, stamped Denied with the Andy Warhol Art Authentication Board's mark. 17...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Contemporary SculpturesMaterials
- Pair: Interior Life (Man) & (Woman) by Derrick AdamsLocated in New York, NYDerrick Adams Interior LIfe (Man) & (Woman), 2019 24 x 18 inches Pigment print on Hotpress Published by Eminence Grise Editions Printed by Andre Ribuoli Edition of 75Category
2010s American Modern Portrait PrintsMaterials
- VOTE by Jonas WoodBy Jonas WoodLocated in Morton Grove, IL6-color screen print on Coventry rag paper 15.75 x 10 inches Edition of 300 Signed, dated and numbered on recto in pencil In originally packing and never removed.Category
2010s Post-War More PrintsMaterials
ScreenPrice Upon Request
Recently ViewedView More
Jordan Schnitzer Started Collecting Warhol Prints Very Early — and Never Stopped
The Portland, Oregon, native has amassed a collection of art so outstanding that multiple museums bear his name and several exhibitions at any given time are showing pieces he owns. We caught up with Schnitzer to find out how he got started collecting Warhol and where his pieces can be found right now.
10 Reasons Art Collectors Are Obsessed with Andy Warhol
More than three decades after his death, the prolific Pop artist and cultural icon's body of work continues to captivate. Here's a primer of some of his most notable motifs and mediums.