- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
new VERSACE Jim Dine red Heart black chevron print baseball silk shirt M EU39
- DimensionsLength: 27.76 in. (70.5 cm)Marked Size: 39 (EU)Bust: 22.84 in. (58 cm)Waist: 22.84 in. (58 cm)
- StyleSplit heart chevron baseball shirt (In the Style Of)
- Place of OriginItaly
- Seller LocationHong Kong, HK
- Reference NumberSeller: TGAS/B018681stDibs: LU1726114352322
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingEstimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: Central, Hong Kong
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Manufacturer
Subversive, maximalist and unabashedly seductive, Gianni Versace’s (1946–97) designs infused high fashion with an entirely new ethos. “I don’t believe in good taste,” the legendary Italian couturier once explained. Instead, he had a sexy good time with fashion — as he did with life. Today, vintage Versace clothing, handbags and other accessories look astonishingly fresh and freshly relevant.
More than any designer before him, Versace mined celebrity, music and Pop art for inspiration. In fact, the New York Times noted in 1997 that the fashion industry “is now driven by contemporary culture because Mr. Versace made it that way.” Insiders consider his 1991/1992 Autumn/Winter runway show — which featured supermodels Christy Turlington, Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell and Linda Evangelista lip-synching George Michael’s “Freedom! '90” — as the moment when the two worlds of fashion and pop culture became one, changing both forever.
Versace was born in Reggio di Calabria, Italy. His mother was a successful dressmaker who employed more than 40 seamstresses. As a child, little Gianni marveled at her workshop, which would become a university of sorts, where he learned the exceptional construction techniques that were at the foundation of his creative expression. In 1972, at age 25, he moved to Milan to work in fashion. He launched his first collection — and his label — in 1978, with his older brother Santo managing the business concerns. Soon, sister Donatella, whom Gianni dressed and took to discos when she was still a child, joined the family venture, where she had a creative role and managed enormously popular ready-to-wear lines such as Versus.
Vintage Versace has become catnip for modern fashion enthusiasts who seek out the now-iconic house codes that originated in the designs of the 1980s and 1990s. His glamorous and seductive apparel — the clingy skirts and slender, strappy party dresses, as well as the erotic magazine ads that publicized them — looms large, but Versace’s art and historical influences were also vast.
Versace was an art collector, and he took on commissions to create costumes for theatrical performances during the 1980s and spoke of looking to numerous cultures for inspiration. This adventurous spirit of design resulted in his creating jewel-toned prints rooted in Grecian motifs, Etruscan symbols, the Italian Baroque and Andy Warholʼs Marilyn Monroe. There were slinky dresses in Oroton, his patented chain-mail textile that draped like satin, and leather bondage ensembles. Sex sold, for both women and men. Wrote the late curator Richard Martin, “[Versace] became the standard-bearer of gay men’s fashion because he eschewed decorum and designed for desire.”
Following Versace’s tragic murder in 1997, Donatella took over the role of artistic director and continued to evolve the house codes with a twist of her feminine and feminist perspective. Today, Santo Versace is chief executive officer of Versace and Donatella is its chief creative officer.
- By VersaceLocated in Hong Kong, NTnew VERSACE 2019 black cotton gold Medusa embroidery long sleeve shirt EU44 XXXL Reference: TGAS/A03958 Brand: V...Category
- By VersaceLocated in Hong Kong, NTnew VERSACE 2019 100% silk brown gold star medallion Medusa button shirt EU39 M Reference: CNLE/A00136 Brand: Ve...Category
- By VersaceLocated in Hong Kong, NTVERSACE black viscose draped wide neckline sheer sleeve top IT38 Reference: LNKO/A01858 Brand: Versace Material:...Category
2010s Blouses and Tops
- By VersaceLocated in Hong Kong, NTnew VERSACE Jim Dine red Heart black chevron print baseball silk shirt EU43 XXL Reference: TGAS/B01867 Brand: Ve...Category
- By VersaceLocated in Hong Kong, NTrunway VERSACE SS19 black one shoulder cropped top boy shorts layering set IT38 Reference: CLYG/A00028B Brand: V...Category
2010s Crop Tops
- By Versace, Donatella VersaceLocated in Hong Kong, NTnew VERSACE SS18 Tribute Runway black silk gold bead fringe western shirt IT40 Brand: Versace Designer: Donatell...Category
2010s Blouses and TopsUS$413 Sale Price30% Off
You May Also Like
Early 2000s Crop Tops
20th Century Blouses and Tops
Early 2000s Blouses and Tops
Early 2000s Blouses and Tops
21st Century and Contemporary Shirts
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery