Items Similar to Original 1920s Black Raffia Flapper Hat View More
Original 1920s Black Raffia Flapper Hat
Very rare, original 1920s flapper hat made from coated black woven raffia. Additional antique two-tone cream lattice overlay to one half of the hat, topped with a black hair spray. Original label reads "A Margaret Kay HAT". For something of this age, the hat is in very good condition with minor peeling of the black coating to the raffia in a few places. This does not detract from the overall appearance. Will fit most head sizes as the hat is cap-shaped and sits atop the head. Can be worn at many angles.
- DesignerMargaret Kay
- BrandMargaret Kay
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 4 in. x W 7 in. x D 9 in.H 10.16 cm x W 17.78 cm x D 22.86 cm
- Marked SizeFree (US)
- Length9 in. (22.86 cm)
- Seller LocationLondon, GB
- Reference NumberLU550623662
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 7 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.7 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2013
Located in London, GB
You may also contact the seller by phone
More From This Seller
1920s Black Sequin Hat
Early 20th Century Art Deco Hats
Cute original 1920s black sequined skull cap filly lined in black mesh. This is a beautiful and fun piece to add a little sparkle to any outfit. Unfortunately it has no makers labe...
1950s Ja-Lee of New York Bridal Cap With Ornate...
This enchanting 1950s ivory bridal cap is beautifully constructed and labeled Ja -Lee of New York. The soft ivory silk overlay is embroidered with a soft mesh thread in a paler tone ...
1950’s Jaques Fath Straw Hat
This finely woven straw hat is rimmed with a ruched cherry red made from 100% silk jersey. The interior has a straw covered wire frame to help keep the hat secure on the head. Jaque ...
Vintage 1960s Italian White Raffia Bridal Cap W...
This exquisite vintage 1960s Italian white raffia bridal cap is in beautiful condition, and exceptionally feminine. A pretty tumour rose design is skilfully woven into the raffia, a...