- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
New Balenciaga Studded Platform Wedge Heels Sz 37.5
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Leesburg, VA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
Starting as a modest boutique, Balenciaga evolved to transform the landscape of women’s fashion with shapes and contours during the middle of the 20th century that were nothing less than groundbreaking. Today, the brand is as venturesome as ever and is well known for its shoes, handbags, streetwear and other clothing and accessories.
Though he was born in the quiet fishing village of Getaria in Spain’s Basque region, Cristóbal Balenciaga (1895–1972) was destined to reshape modern fashion. As a child, he worked alongside his seamstress mother. Showing immense talent, he earned commissions as a teenager from local patron Marquesa de Casa Torres, who paid for his tailoring education in Madrid. In 1917, he established his first haute couture house — named Eisa, for his mother — in the trendy resort town San Sebastián. He soon followed it with boutiques in Madrid and Barcelona, drawing such clientele as the Spanish royal family.
When the Spanish Civil War put a hold on his prospects in Spain, the designer moved to Paris, opening a house on Avenue Georges V in 1937. There, Balenciaga rubbed elbows with fashion greats like Coco Chanel and Elsa Schiaparelli and quickly won over clients like Gloria Guinness, Pauline de Rothschild and Wallis Simpson, Duchess of Windsor. As a couturier, Balenciaga drew from his Spanish heritage for ideas, riffing on everything from matador costumes and flamenco dresses to the paintings of Diego Velázquez, whose portraits of Spanish princesses famously inspired Balenciaga’s Infanta gown.
An expert tailor, he experimented with sculptural silhouettes that didn’t follow the body. Some of his notable designs include the 1953 balloon jacket, and from 1957, the cocoon coat, the baby-doll dress and the sack dress, which he popularized with his good friend designer Hubert de Givenchy. All of these could be considered not just the masterpieces of haute couture, but also objets d’art in their own right, leading to Balenciaga’s nickname, “The Master.”
Balenciaga continued designing until 1968, when he retired after three decades of influential work and his fashion house went dormant. The rights to Balenciaga were acquired by Jacques Bogart S.A. in 1986. Under designer Michel Goma, who focused on ready-to-wear, the brand experienced a resurgence, with his first collection introduced in 1987. The brand returned to high fashion with the arrival of designer Josephus Thimister in 1992. It has since been led by a series of creative directors who have paid homage to Balenciaga’s iconic designs, including Nicolas Ghesquière, Alexander Wang and, most recently, Demna Gvasalia. In 2011, a museum celebrating Balenciaga’s legacy opened in his hometown in Spain, commemorating where it all began.
- New Balenciaga Perforated Patent Leather Heels Sz 40Located in Leesburg, VABalenciaga Heels Brand New * Stunning in Black Patent Leather * Ties at the Front * Perforated Leather Front * Slight Platform * .75" Front Platform * 4.25" Back Heel * With Box, Dus...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Unknown Shoes$395 Sale Price56% Off
- New Oscar De La Renta 2019 Gold and Black Runway Coin Heel Pumps Size 36 $1595By Oscar De La RentaLocated in Leesburg, VAOscar De La Renta Brand New with Box Fall 2019 * Retail $1595 * Size 36 * Gold Coin Chain Ankle Black Napa Leather *Zips Up the Back * Leather Insole Heel 3.75" Impossible to Find NewCategory
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Shoes
- New Yves Saint Laurent YSL S/S 2005 Heels Pumps Sz 38.5 Worn in Rare Banned AdBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Leesburg, VABrand New Stefano Pilati for Yves Saint Laurent Debut Collection Rare & Collectible This is the Style Worn in the Stefano Pilati YSL Banned Ad * Detachable Feather Embellishment Like...Category
Early 2000s Italian Shoes$965 Sale Price27% Off
- New Fendi Monster Bugs Leather Heels Size 38By Fendi, Karl Lagerfeld for FendiLocated in Leesburg, VAFendi Karl Lagerfeld Monster Bugs Leather Heels * Retail $1375 * Size 38 * Silver Adjustable Strap Monster Bugs *Blue Black Pink-Cream Leather * Leather Insole Heel 4.25" With Fendi...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Shoes$975 Sale Price29% Off
- New Gucci Sequin Evening Boots Booties Heels Sz 38By GucciLocated in Leesburg, VAGucci Sequin Booties Brand New * Stunning Black Mini Sequin * Gold Hardware * Size: 38 * Rounded Toe * Side Zip * Gucci Green Red & Black * 4" Heel * With Box and Dust CoverCategory
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Shoes$965 Sale Price41% Off
- New Tom Ford For Gucci Black Velvet Satin Final Collection Heels Sz 10By GucciLocated in Leesburg, VARare Tom Ford for Gucci Brand New * Stunning in Black Satin and Velvet * Rare Tom Ford's Farwell Collection * Satin Ankle Strap * Leather Footbed * Size: 10 *Velvet Heel * 5" Heel * ...Category
Early 2000s Italian Shoes$985 Sale Price44% Off