- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
S/S 2000 Gucci by Tom Ford White Navy Havana Logo Print Cotton T-Shirt NWT
- DimensionsMarked Size: M (US)Bust: 35 in. (88.9 cm)Waist: 34 in. (86.36 cm)Shoulder to Hem: 20 in. (50.8 cm)
- Place of OriginItaly
- ConditionNever worn, pin-sized marks from age and storage.
- Seller LocationPhiladelphia, PA
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU2388214919412
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Philadelphia, PA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.
About the Designer
Tom Ford for Gucci
At the time, the internationally renowned Italian label was better known for leather goods than luxury fashion. It was also nearly bankrupt. After creative director Dawn Mello left in 1994, following a Bahrain-based investment group becoming Gucci’s majority shareholder, Ford was named creative director. The American designer soon infused the brand with a fresh sensuality and bold style.
Ford's potent vision of sexed-up femininity spanned everything from shirts to shoes to other accessories at Gucci — he reimagined the house's iconic double-ring-and-bar Horsebit hardware, a reference to the brand’s equestrian history, as a seductive low-slung belt, worn by Madonna when accepting an MTV video music award in 1995. For his fall show during that year, in which Kate Moss walked down the runway in an unbuttoned satin shirt, velvet hip-huggers and tousled hair, heralded an exciting, glammed-up era for the once fusty brand. Vogue critic Sarah Mower called it “one of those hitting-in-the-solar-plexus moments.”
As Ford shot to fame, he continued to explore plunging necklines, such as in the black and white looks of the Fall 1996 collection, and sumptuous fabrics like leather and tweed, with the Fall 2000 ready-to-wear collection ranging from sultry silk evening dresses to plush belted coats.
Ford also cranked up the seduction in the provocative ads for Gucci, particularly with regard to campaigns for Yves Saint Laurent, which the fashion house acquired in 1999 (Ford was also named creative director for YSL and designed the brand’s ready-to-wear collection). Gucci's Fall/Winter 1997 campaign featured Carolyn Murphy grasping Angela Lindvall in what looked like a video still; in another shot, a face pressed against a foot in a lipstick-red heel. Each promoted a vision of modern fashion where women were sexually confident, the materials were luxurious and the styles were fearless.
In 2004, Ford and Gucci president Domenico De Sole left the company after failing to agree on the renewal of their contracts. In 2006, with De Sole as chairman, Ford launched his wildly successful eponymous menswear label. Today Ford is also an author, film director and chairman of the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
- S/S 1998 Gucci by Tom Ford Runway Grey Red Iridescent Button Up TopBy Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a gorgeous iridescent button-up blouse designed by Tom Ford for Gucci's Spring/Summer 1998 collection. Difficult to capture in photos, the gorgeous deep red und...Category
1990s Blouses$716 Sale Price20% Off
- S/S 1997 Gucci by Tom Ford Sheer Creme Navy Ombré Collared Button Up TopBy Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a beautiful sheer ombré shirt, designed by Tom Ford for Gucci's Spring/Summer 1997 collection. The button closure stops about halfway up the front for a plungin...Category
1990s Blouses$920 Sale Price20% Off
- S/S 2000 Gucci by Tom Ford White Sheer Lace Appliqué Tunic TopBy Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a gorgeous semi-sheer lace Gucci blouse, designed by Tom Ford. From the Spring/Summer 2000 collection, this free-flowing blouse is constructed of light cotton a...Category
Early 2000s Blouses$900 Sale Price20% Off
- S/S 2000 Gucci by Tom Ford Sheer Snake Print Pleated Pussy Bow Button Up TopBy Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a snake print pussy bow Gucci blouse, designed by Tom Ford. From the Spring/Summer 2000 collection, this top is covered in the grey monochromatic snake print sy...Category
Early 2000s Blouses$1,596 Sale Price20% Off
- S/S 1996 Gucci by Tom Ford Ad Campaign Sheer Zebra Print Cotton Tunic TopBy Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a zebra print Gucci tunic top, designed by Tom Ford. From the Spring/Summer 1996 collection, this iconic top debuted on the runway and was featured in the seaso...Category
1990s Blouses$1,800 Sale Price20% Off
- S/S 1999 Gucci by Tom Ford Baby Blue Ruffle Sheer Silk Button Up TopBy Gucci, Tom Ford for GucciLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a sheer light blue ruffled Gucci collared shirt, designed by Tom Ford. From the Spring/Summer 1999 collection, seen on Daisey Fuentes at the launch party of Abs...Category
You May Also Like
21st Century and Contemporary Blouses
21st Century and Contemporary Shirts
Early 2000s Blouses and Tops
21st Century and Contemporary Blouses
Early 2000s Corsets
Early 2000s Blouses
Recently ViewedView More
This Versace Minidress Is the Epitome of Y2K Red-Carpet Style
Ready to party? So is this dress.
The Stories behind the Most Famous Luxury Fashion Logos
From Chanel to YSL, the logos of some legacy fashion houses spark instant brand recognition and have come to symbolize a kind of luxury that feels at once aspirational and attainable.