- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Pierre Cardin Space Age Coat Black Vinyl Circle Pocket Jacket 1960s S/M
- DimensionsMarked Size: No size tag; fits like S/M (US)Bust: 36 in. (91.44 cm)Waist: 27 in. (68.58 cm)Hip: 39 in. (99.06 cm)Shoulder to Hem: 35 in. (88.9 cm)
- StyleModern (In the Style Of)
- Place of OriginUnited States
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. In good condition for its 50+ years of age, we note that its missing its original closure and logo button at the collar (please see image 8), and there's some wrinkles to the vinyl from prior wear.
- Seller LocationPort Saint Lucie, FL
- Reference NumberSeller: Pierre Cardin Space Age Coat Black Vinyl 60s S/M1stDibs: LU407211184092
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$70 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 6-8 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Port Saint Lucie, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About Pierre Cardin (Manufacturer)
Best known for creating groundbreaking fashion designs from the 1950s onward, Pierre Cardin enjoyed great success in other design fields, most notably furniture. Cardin’s chairs, cabinets, tables and other pieces share many of the keynotes of his clothing designs. They are simple, geometric, elegant and cool.
Cardin was born in a village near Venice, Italy, and raised in central France. Always interested in fashion, he left home at age 17 to train with a Vichy tailor. After the end of World War II, Cardin moved to Paris and worked for a succession of couture houses, before taking a job with Christian Dior in 1946. Cardin went solo in 1950, and quickly won attention for his novel style. Unlike Dior’s famous New Look, Cardin’s clothes de-emphasized a woman’s curves; his breakthrough pieces like the Bubble dress had, instead, a sculptural quality. In the following decade, Cardin introduced bright tunic dresses and shifts, marketed as the Space Age look and accessorized with vinyl hats and visors.
In the 1970s Cardin expanded his design work into furniture, jewelry and automobiles. (Later, licensing agreements would put Cardin’s name on goods ranging from perfume to sunglasses.) Cardin’s furniture pieces — inspired, perhaps, by the rediscovery of Art Deco design in that decade — feature simple, symmetrical forms, lacquer and figured veneer finishes, and accents in metals such as aluminum and brass. Whether you are looking for a vintage cocktail dress or a chest of drawers to keep it in, as you will see on 1stDibs, Pierre Cardin offers an option in either that is timelessly chic.
- By Pierre CardinLocated in Port Saint Lucie, FLThis incredibly rare evening gown was designed by Pierre Cardin in the late 1960s for his Space Age and Futurism...Category
1960s Evening GownsSize: No size tag; fits like modern M$1,200
- By Bonnie Cashin for Sills, Bonnie CashinLocated in Port Saint Lucie, FLVintage, preowned & authentic Bonnie Cashin for Sills Reversible Black Leather/Raccoon Fur Coat. Fastens with do...Category
1960s CoatsSize: no size tag; fits like modern M$1,400
- By Bill BlassLocated in Port Saint Lucie, FLThis fabulous coat was made by Bill Blass for Bond Street, most likely in the early 1970s. Made from velvet, it ...Category
1970s CoatsSize: No size tag; fits like modern M$495
- By ValentinoLocated in Port Saint Lucie, FLThis fabulous cape coat was made by Valentino Boutique in the early 1980s. Made from what we believe is an ango...Category
1980s CapesSize: unmarked - one size fits most$699
- By Giorgio ArmaniLocated in Port Saint Lucie, FLThis ruffled shawl or shoulder wrap is attributed to Giorgio Armani from the 1990s. Made from silk ruffles, thi...Category
- By Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Port Saint Lucie, FLAuthentic, preowned, vintage Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche long black wool coat, likely from the late 70s. Full...Category
1970s CoatsSize: Unmarked$595
You May Also Like
1960s Coats and Outerwear
1970s Coats and Outerwear
20th Century Coats and Outerwear
1960s Coats and Outerwear
1980s Car Coats
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery