- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Christian Dior Spring 2007 black silver metal chain hoop sleeveless dress FR 36
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Paris, France
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Manufacturer
When Christian Dior launched his couture house, in 1946, he wanted nothing less than to make “an elegant woman more beautiful and a beautiful woman more elegant.” He succeeded, and in doing so the visionary designer altered the landscape of 20th century fashion.
Dior was born in Granville, on the Normandy coast, in 1905. His prosperous haute bourgeois parents wanted him to become a diplomat despite his interest in art and architecture. However, they agreed to bankroll an art gallery, which Dior opened in 1928 in Paris with a friend.
This was the start of Dior’s rise in the city’s creative milieu, where he befriended Pablo Picasso and Jean Cocteau. After seven years as an art dealer, Dior retrained as a fashion illustrator, eventually landing a job as a fashion designer for Robert Piguet, and in 1941, following a year of military service, he joined the house of Lucien Lelong. Just five years later, with the backing of industrialist Marcel Boussac, the ascendant Dior established his own fashion house, at 30 avenue Montaigne in Paris.
Just two years after the end of World War II, the fashion crowd and the moribund haute couture industry were yearning, comme tout Paris, for security and prosperity, desperate to discard the drab, sexless, utilitarian garb imposed by wartime deprivation. They needed to dream anew.
And Dior delivered: He designed a collection for a bright, optimistic future. “It’s quite a revolution, dear Christian!” exclaimed Carmel Snow, the prescient American editor-in-chief of Harper’s Bazaar, famously proclaiming, “Your dresses have such a new look.” The press ran with the description, christening Dior’s debut Spring/Summer haute couture collection the New Look. “God help those who bought before they saw Dior,” said Snow. “This changes everything.”
Dior’s collection definitively declared that opulence, luxury and femininity were in. His skirts could have 40-meter-circumference hems, and outfits could weigh up to 60 pounds. They were cut and shaped like architecture, on strong foundations that molded women and “freed them from nature,” Dior said. Rather than rationing, his ladies wanted reams of fabric and 19-inch waists enforced by wire corsets, and the fashion world concurred. The debut got a standing ovation.
In the subsequent decade, Paris ruled as the undisputed fashion capital of the world, and Christian Dior reigned as its king. With the luxuriously full skirts of his New Look, suits and his drop-dead gorgeous evening dresses and ball gowns worthy of any princess, Dior gave women the gift of glamour they’d lost in the miserable years of war.
- Christian Dior Resort 2018 brown cream floral print corset bustier midi dressBy Christian DiorLocated in Paris, FRChristian Dior Resort 2018 Cream midi length dress with brown floral print Boned corset upper with underwire cups Button up front which is further secured by invisible hooks Cinched ...Category
2010s French Evening Dresses
- Christian Dior S/S 2018 red silk plisse low cut pussy bow midi dress FR 40By Christian DiorLocated in Paris, FRChristian Dior S/S 2018 red midi dress in silk Low cut cross over upper Cinched in waist Plisse skirt Pussy bow necktie Concealed side zip FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!!! Composition: ...Category
2010s Italian Evening Dresses
- Louis Feraud Paris vintage black blue red abstract print jersey midi maxi dressBy Louis Feraud ParisLocated in Paris, FRLouis Feraud Paris long vintage dress Black with blue, red and beige abstract style print Long sleeves Crew neck Stretch fabric Concealed back zip Size: FR 38 Composition: No com...Category
Late 20th Century German Informal Dresses
- Prada structured black strapless bustier corset mini dress IT 40By PradaLocated in Paris, FRPrada black strapless bustier mini dress Structured form Boned upper Concealed back zip Size: IT 40 with stretch Composition: 70% Polyamide 28% Polyester 4% Other fibres In excel...Category
2010s Italian Mini Dresses
- Brock Collection black ruffle short sleeve square neck knee length velvet dressLocated in Paris, FRBrock Collection black velvet dress Square neckline Short sleeves Ruffle detail to the neck and sleeves Knee length Fitted body with a slight flare to the skirt No zip Size: US 4 - ...Category
2010s Italian Informal Dresses
- Attico green white mohair stripe print oversized mini turtle neck sweater dressLocated in Paris, FRThe Attico oversized sweater dress Dark green with white stripe print Mock turtle neck Size: Small with plenty of stretch - please note that this dress is cut to fit oversized, it ...Category
2010s Italian Mini Dresses
- Vintage 1990 Christian Dior Black White Polka-Dot Silk Bustier Plunge Mini DressBy Christian Dior, Gianfranco Ferré for Christian DiorLocated in Beverly Hills, CAA stunning Christian Dior numbered Paris boutique polka-dot stretch hourglass dress dating back to the spring-summer 1990 collection. Christian Dior designed under his own name for o...Category
1990s French Aesthetic Evening Dresses
- Christian Dior Color Block Silk Dress with Cut outBy Christian DiorLocated in Water Mill, NYA fabulous grey and silver fine silk dress from Christian Dior. It is sleeveless with a crew neckline and a ruched silver front bodice with a cut out at the bottom. The grey skirt ...Category
2010s French Evening Dresses and Gowns
- Christian Dior Paris Little Black Dress in Cashmere Silk Blend w Leather RuffleBy Christian DiorLocated in Portland, ORThis is an incredible Christian Dior cashmere, wool, silk knit blend sheath dress with a leather ruffled trim. This chic sleeveless dress has a bateau neckline and closes with a side...Category
Late 20th Century Italian Evening Dresses and Gowns
- S/S 2001 Christian Dior by John Galliano Black Knit Crochet DressBy John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: an alluring crochet high-low Christian Dior dress, designed by John Galliano. From the Spring/Summer 2001 collection, this stunning knit dress features a cowl n...Category
Early 2000s French Cocktail Dresses$3,746 Sale Price25% OffFree Shipping
- 1990s Christian Dior by Gianfranco Ferré Sheer Polka Dot Lace Bodycon Mini DressBy Gianfranco Ferré for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a sensual yellow and black knit Christian Dior Boutique dress, designed by Gianfranco Ferré. From the 1990s, this beautiful sleeveless dress features a knit pol...Category
1990s French Cocktail Dresses$1,837 Sale Price25% Off
- S/S 2006 Christian Dior by John Galliano Diorissimo Print Denim Button Up DressBy John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in Philadelphia, PATheRealList presents: a denim Christian Dior Boutique dress with a Diorissimo print, designed by John Galliano. From the Spring/Summer 2006 collection, this dress is constructed enti...Category
Early 2000s Cocktail Dresses$1,871 Sale Price25% Off
Recently ViewedView More
Too Soon for the Return of ’90s Fashion? As If
There's a renewed appreciation for the era's aesthetic, perhaps most notably among millennials seeking authentic, easy style.
14 Iconic Luxury Handbags and the Stories behind Them
When the name of a bag is as well-known as its brand, you know it's a classic.