- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Chanel Cotton/Rayon Black and Dark Green with Multi-Colours Tweed Jacket
About the Item
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- Chanel White and Pink Tweed JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel white and pink tweed jacket from 1997 pre-collection. - Featuring four front pockets, front, and cuff with pink gold-toned "CC" buttons closure. - SIze 42. - 4...Category
1990s French Jackets$5,550Free Shipping
- Vintage Spring 1998 Chanel Pink/White Tweed SuitBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel pink/white tweed suit from spring 1998. - Gold hardware “CC” buttons closure. - Four front pockets. - Boxy straight cut. - Silk “CC” lining with gold chain. ...Category
1990s French Skirt Suits
- Chanel Red Wool JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel red wool jacket from 1995 A/W collection. - Two front flap pockets with gold toned "CC" buttons closure. - Two side open pockets. - Five front gold toned "CC" ...Category
1990s French Jackets$4,285
- Unworn And Unique Chanel Green Wool Gripoix Jacket from Fall 1996By ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel green wool mandarin collar jacket from fall 1996 collection. Still look fresh and great after twenty years! - Featuring eleven gripoix front buttons closing and three gr...Category
1990s French Jackets$5,355Free Shipping
- Chanel Black/Brown/White with Embroidered Patches and Fringe Wool Tweed JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel black/brown/white wool tweed jacket from A/W 2004. - Embroidered patches. - Fringes trim. - Zip closure. - Size 42.Category
Early 2000s French Jackets
- Chanel Black Velvet Double Breasted Gripoix Buttons JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel black velvet double breasted jacket from A/W 1996 collection. - Multi-colours floral Gripoix buttons closure. - Two sides pocket with Gripoix button closure. Two...Category
1990s French Double-Breasted Jackets
- Supberbe CHANEL 1997 Pink Lesage Tweed CC Logo Button Jacket Blazer 42By ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHTHE Chanel jacket - a true icon! One of the most acclaimed pieces ever by Chanel Perfect to be worn casual with jeans or dressed up - an iconic CHANEL jacket A timeless classic in st...Category
1990s French Blazers
- CHANEL multicolor cotton 2014 14S SINGLE BUTTON TWEED Coat Jacket 38 SBy ChanelLocated in Zürich, CH100% authentic Chanel 2014 single button tweed coat in blue, yellow, green, pink, off-white and blue acrylic (53%), cotton (31%), nylon (10%) and polyester (6%). Features four 'CC' b...Category
- 1998 Chanel Cream Wool Blazer JacketBy Chanel Boutique, ChanelLocated in London, GBThis 1990s Chanel blazer jacket is made in France and cut from a beautifully soft cream wool fabric. It features a sharp collar and lapel detail, and fastens at the front with three...Category
1990s French Blazers
- 1998 Chanel Black Tweed Wool with White Knitted Net Double Breasted JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel black tweed wool with white knitted net double breasted jacket from year 1998 pre collection. Featuring double breasted black "CC" 01 42 86 28 00" buttons and one bu...Category
1990s French Double-Breasted Jackets
- Chanel Gold Toned Metallic Glitter Wool Tweed JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel gold-tone metallic glitter cream wool chevron tweed shawl jacket from fall 2000 collection. - Featuring four flattened gold-tone metal "Chanel" buttons - Size 42....Category
Early 2000s French Jackets
- Chanel 2004 Limited Edition Runway Hooded Leather Sport Biker Jacket M US8 FR 40By ChanelLocated in Miami, FLRare Chanel 2004 Limited Edition CC Runway Hooded Leather Sport Biker Jacket Size: Medium, US8, FR40 As seen on runway and Victoria Beckham (with white piping) Soft black lambskin...Category
Early 2000s Italian Jackets
- Chanel 07A Coat Peacoat Jacket Black White Trim Great Buttons 38By ChanelLocated in Roosendaal, NLFrom the collection of SAVINETI we offer this Chanel Peacoat Jacket: - Brand: Chanel - Model: Peacoat Jacket - Year: 2000-2009 - Condition: Good (see pictures) - Materials: 100% lain...Category
Early 2000s French Pea Coats
- Vintage Chanel Tweed Blazer Jacket, Size 42By ChanelLocated in Beverly Hills, CAProduct details: The jacket features grey, yellow and silver colors with front three silver tone button closure, front dual pockets, crew neckline and two silver tone buttons on eac...Category
1990s French Jackets$3,400 Sale Price20% Off
- Chanel Pink and White Terry Cloth Robe Jacket, Size 34By ChanelLocated in Beverly Hills, CAProduct details: The jacket features pink and white striped pattern, collar, v-neckline, 3/4 sleeves length with belt.Category
21st Century and Contemporary Robes$760 Sale Price20% Off
- 2019 Coco Chanel Cruise Resort Collection Black, Navy Cotton Jacket Size 40By ChanelLocated in Beverly Hills, CAProduct details: Featuring black/ dark navy 90% cotton and 10% cashmere, double silk lining, 3/4 sleeves 19.5", collar, four pockets with buttons on the front and three buttons on th...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Jackets$792 Sale Price20% Off
- Chanel multi strand beige blue pink and yellow cotton and wool sport jacektBy ChanelLocated in Bilbao, ESThis is a timeless vintage Chanel Chanel multi strand beige blue pink and yellow cotton and wool sport jacekt. The jacket has three beige mother of pearl Chanel buttons The jacket...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Sport Jackets$690 Sale Price20% Off
Recently ViewedView More
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
A Chanel Wicker Handbag Gives Impossibly Chic Picnic Vibes
Only Chanel could elevate humble materials like denim and wicker to icon-level status.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery