- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Vintage 1997 Chanel Off White Gathered Bomber Jacket
- DimensionsMarked Size: 42 (EU)
- Place of OriginFrance
- ConditionThe jacket has never been worn before with tag on. However, there is minor imperfections on the collar.
- Seller LocationSheung Wan, HK
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU323211917652
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$55 Standard Parcel Shippingto United States 0, arrives in 1-3 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Manufacturer
The first Chanel shop was opened in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, her designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz. Over the next six decades, Coco Chanel would become a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls.
However, Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- By Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel pink tweed jacket from spring 1995 collection. - “Chanel’ gold hardware zip closure. - Four...Category
- By Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel white short sleeves knitted cotton cardigan from spring 1996 collection. - Black and white “CC” butto...Category
- By Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel bi toned black and yellow patent leather flats. - Size 39.Category
You May Also Like
20th Century Jackets
21st Century and Contemporary Jackets
21st Century and Contemporary Cropped Jackets
1990s Skirt Suits
Early 2000s Coats
Chanel’s Boy Brick Lego Bag Transforms a Barcode into Art
In the hands of Karl Lagerfeld, even running errands became a chic exercise.
A Chanel Obsessive’s Cache Extends Well beyond Her Walk-In Closet
From handbags and heels to jackets and jewels, Sharon Coplan Hurowitz has a deep admiration for (and collection of) all things Chanel.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery