Givenchy By Alexander McQueen Colour Blocked Geometric Leather Jacket
About the Item
Venerated French designer Hubert de Givenchy (1927–2018) made a splash with his first collection of mix-and-match separates in 1952, which launched his namesake fashion house, the clean lines and refined silhouettes of the pieces offering a contrast to the more structured shapes then dominating postwar women’s fashion. His roster of clients would eventually include Grace Kelly, Elizabeth Taylor and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, all of whom were drawn to the designer’s architecturally and materially simple pieces that combined sensual femininity with elegance.
At the age of 17, Givenchy left his hometown of Beauvais, France, for Paris. There he studied drawing at the École Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts and apprenticed for the houses of Jacques Fath, Robert Piguet, Lucien Lelong and Elsa Schiaparelli. Givenchy earned his first high praise for the 1952 Bettina blouse, an embroidered, ruffle-sleeve linen shirt named for his publicist and model Bettina Graziani. The Givenchy label soon developed a following of fashion icons around the world, most notably Audrey Hepburn, who would serve as Givenchy’s muse for decades after they met in 1953. The couturier created pieces for many of her films, such as the iconic little black dress in Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961), as well as her personal life, including her wedding dress for her 1969 marriage to Andrea Dotti.
Givenchy formed a close friendship with his idol and mentor, Spanish designer Cristóbal Balenciaga, with whom he’d popularize such pieces as the sack dress, choosing looser forms over tailored ones. Throughout the decades, Givenchy expanded his empire to include fragrances, menswear, accessories and beauty lines.
In 1988, his house was acquired by luxury conglomerate LVMH. After Givenchy retired from fashion in 1995, he became an antiques expert, working with Christie’s and the Louvre, among other institutions. The brand then saw an impressive succession of head designers and artistic directors: John Galliano was the first to arrive, followed by Alexander McQueen, Julien Macdonald, Riccardo Tisci, Clare Waight Keller and Matthew M. Williams. Today, the brand, with its timeless fashions, continues to be a favorite of A-listers, including Cate Blanchett, Erykah Badu, Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Limi Feu Grey Knitted Wool Bolero Cardigan with Silver PinBy Limi FeuLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Limi Feu grey knitted wool bolero cardigan. - Featuring a silver pin fastening. - Light tweed fabric with some silver metallic wire. - The designer father is Yohji Yamamoto. ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Japanese Bolero Jackets
- Vintage Fall 1997 Chanel Grey Wool Double Breasted JacketBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel grey wool double breasted jacket from 1997 A/W collection. - Round collar. - Two front open pockets. - Silver toned "CC" button and three "Chanel Paris" butto...Category
1990s French Double-Breasted Jackets
- Moschino Couture White Organic Wool Fabric JacketBy Moschino CoutureLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s Moschino Couture white " Nature-Friendly Garment" organic wool fabric Jacket. Such a unique jacket! Franco Moschino is really a pioneer and provocative designer who alw...Category
1990s Italian Jackets
- 90s Alberta Ferretti Navy Pom Bouclé JacketBy Alberta FerrettiLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Alberta Ferretti navy shawl collar pom bouclé jacket. - Featuring one button and two pockets. - Height: 80cm I Bust: 30cm I Waist: 70cm I Sleeve: 59cm I Shoulder: 13cmCategory
1990s Italian Jackets
- Thierry Mugler Vintage Pastel Blue Jacket with Anchors Nautical AquaticBy Thierry MuglerLocated in Berlin, BEAmazing vintage Thierry Mugler pastel blue jacket with nautical silver anchor details. Thierry Mugler often revisited aquatic themes through out his collections, often featuring fin...Category
1980s French Jackets
- A Jean-Claude Jitrois Skirt and Jacket in Turquoise Leather - Fall 1985/1986By Jean-Claude JitroisLocated in Toulon, FRCollection Autumn Winter Fall 1985/1986 France Skirt and jacket set in turquoise dipped lambskin by Jean-Claude Jitrois Collection Autumn Winter Fall 1985/1986. Jacket with small co...Category
1980s French Skirt Suits
- AMI Size 42 Indigo White Twill Polyamide Blend Sport CoatBy Ami Alexandre MattiussiLocated in San Francisco, CAAMI sport coat comes in a indigo & white twill polyamide blend with a half liner featuring a notch lapel, patch pockets, double back vent, and a double button closure. Very Good Pr...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Sport Jackets
- Vintage Escada Margaretha Ley Blue Blazer With Avant Garde Geometric DesignBy Escada Margaretha Ley, EscadaLocated in Portland, ORThis is a rare Escada vintage blazer with geometric designs reminiscent of Thierry Mugler's style! This pale blue jacket has dramatic dark blue triangles at the waist and under the c...Category
Late 20th Century German Blazers
- Escada 1980's Blue Suede Asymmetrical Jacket W/ Slits & Skirt by Margartha LeyBy EscadaLocated in Portland, ORThis is a stunning two piece ensemble designed by Margaretha Ley for Escada in the 1980's. The suit is made of blue suede with small black polka dots and includes a skirt and an open...Category
1980s German Skirt Suits
- A Pierre Cardin Silk Jacket From Jacqueline de Ribes Wardrobe Circa 1985By Pierre CardinLocated in Toulon, FRCirca 1985 France Beautiful Pierre Cardin’s turquoise cloque satin suit jacket (attributed to) dating from the 1980s. Presumed and oral origin of the war...Category
1980s French Dinner Jackets
Recently ViewedView All
Fiercely Fabulous, This Givenchy Tiger-Print Coat Graced the Pages of ‘Vogue’ in 1969
Impeccably tailored and beautifully preserved, the piece will be cherished by a true fashion-phile.
Too Soon for the Return of ’90s Fashion? As If
There's a renewed appreciation for the era's aesthetic, perhaps most notably among millennials seeking authentic, easy style.