- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Givenchy By Alexander McQueen Colour Blocked Geometric Leather Jacket
About the Item
Venerated French designer Hubert de Givenchy (1927–2018) made a splash with his first collection of mix-and-match separates in 1952, which launched his namesake fashion house, the clean lines and refined silhouettes of the pieces offering a contrast to the more structured shapes then dominating postwar women’s fashion. His roster of clients would eventually include Grace Kelly, Elizabeth Taylor and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, all of whom were drawn to the designer’s architecturally and materially simple pieces that combined sensual femininity with elegance.
At the age of 17, Givenchy left his hometown of Beauvais, France, for Paris. There he studied drawing at the École Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts and apprenticed for the houses of Jacques Fath, Robert Piguet, Lucien Lelong and Elsa Schiaparelli. Givenchy earned his first high praise for the 1952 Bettina blouse, an embroidered, ruffle-sleeve linen shirt named for his publicist and model Bettina Graziani. The Givenchy label soon developed a following of fashion icons around the world, most notably Audrey Hepburn, who would serve as Givenchy’s muse for decades after they met in 1953. The couturier created pieces for many of her films, such as the iconic little black dress in Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961), as well as her personal life, including her wedding dress for her 1969 marriage to Andrea Dotti.
Givenchy formed a close friendship with his idol and mentor, Spanish designer Cristóbal Balenciaga, with whom he’d popularize such pieces as the sack dress, choosing looser forms over tailored ones. Throughout the decades, Givenchy expanded his empire to include fragrances, menswear, accessories and beauty lines.
In 1988, his house was acquired by luxury conglomerate LVMH. After Givenchy retired from fashion in 1995, he became an antiques expert, working with Christie’s and the Louvre, among other institutions. The brand then saw an impressive succession of head designers and artistic directors: John Galliano was the first to arrive, followed by Alexander McQueen, Julien Macdonald, Riccardo Tisci, Clare Waight Keller and Matthew M. Williams. Today, the brand, with its timeless fashions, continues to be a favorite of A-listers, including Cate Blanchett, Erykah Badu, Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- Escada Blue Leather Belted Biker JacketBy EscadaLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Featuring four star studs on the lapels. Silver star zipper front pocket and side pocket with two star studs. - Made in Germany. - Size 36. - 100% Leather. - Height: 22 inc...Category
1980s German Jackets$459 Sale Price20% Off
- Issey Miyake Blue Pleated JacketBy Issey MiyakeLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Issey Miyake blue pleated jacket. Signature pleated with striking colour blue. - Featuring three buttons closing. - Made in Japan. - Size M. - 100% Polyaster.Category
Early 2000s Japanese Jackets$784 Sale Price20% Off
- Franck Sorbier Mint Embroidered JackeBy Franck SorbierLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s Franck Sorbier Haute Couture Mint embroidered black sequins, beaded and letters jacket. - Made it France. - Size 40. - Please note this vintage item is not new, s...Category
1990s French Jackets
- Vintage 90s Complice Black Velvet Rhinestones Shawl BlazerBy CompliceLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Featuring one rhinestone button fastening and three rhinestone buttons on each cuff. Two flap pockets and shawl collar with rhinestones trim. - Made in Italy. - Size 42 IT, 8 U...Category
1990s Italian Blazers
- Angelo Tarlazzi Double Breasted Black and White Harlequin Check Coat With BowBy Angelo TarlazziLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s Angelo Tarlazzi double breasted black and white harlequin check coat attached with a black velvet bow collar. This 70s looking coat is very retro looking and fun to wea...Category
1990s French Double-Breasted Jackets
- Moschino Couture White Organic Wool Fabric JacketBy Moschino CoutureLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s Moschino Couture white " Nature-Friendly Garment" organic wool fabric Jacket. Such a unique jacket! Franco Moschino is really a pioneer and provocative designer who alw...Category
1990s Italian Jackets
- Givenchy by Alexander McQueen grey cashmere wool and fox fur jacket, fw 1999By Alexander McQueen, GivenchyLocated in London, GB▪ Givenchy grey wool fitted zip-up jacket ▪ Designed by Alexander McQueen ▪ 90% Wool, 10% Cashmere ▪ 100% Fox ▪ Lining: 100% Silk ▪ Zip fastening at centre front and cuffs ▪ Fox f...Category
1990s French Jackets
- Givenchy by Alexander Mcqueen camel moire rayon tailored maxi jacket, fw 1997By Alexander McQueen, GivenchyLocated in London, GBGivenchy by Alexander Mcqueen, camel moire rayon tailored maxi jacket with wide peak lapels, padded shoulders, accentuated waist, hidden side pockets and one button closure. Fall-W...Category
1990s Coats and Outerwear
- ALEXANDER McQUEEN A/W 1996 “Dante” Black Blazer Jacket w/ Hair + Birth LabelBy Alexander McQueenLocated in Thiensville, WIALEXANDER McQUEEN A/W 1996 “Dante” Black Blazer Jacket w/ Hair + Birth Label Brand / Manufacturer: Alexander McQueen Collection: A/W 1996 “Dante”- Runway look #71 Designer: Alexande...Category
1990s Italian Blazers$91,796 Sale Price40% Off
- Thierry Mugler Haute Couture Green Velvet Dress with Belt, "VAMPIRE DRESS" 1981.By Thierry Mugler CoutureLocated in New York, NYThierry Mugler Haute Couture Green Velvet Dress with Belt, "VAMPIRE DRESS" 1981. Off the shoulder puff-sleeve green velvet dress featuring fitted inner silk corset-like bodice. Deep-...Category
1980s French Aesthetic Evening Dresses
- Givenchy by Alexander McQueen Haute Couture brown snakeskin dress, ss 2001By Alexander McQueen for Givenchy Haute Couture, GivenchyLocated in London, GB▪ Givenchy Haute Couture brown snakeskin dress ▪ Designed by Alexander McQueen ▪ Skintight fit ▪ Vertical snakeskin panels with tulle bands ▪ Embroidered with wood and cork beads ...Category
Early 2000s French Evening Dresses and Gowns
- Givenchy Vintage Royal Blue and Grey JacketBy GivenchyLocated in Amsterdam, NLGivenchy boutique collection jacket with a gold/black color button at the back, front and on sleeves. Color: royal blue with a iron grey lapel Size appears to be EU 40 medium, plea...Category
1980s French Jackets$406 Sale Price20% Off
- Givenchy Black and White Blazer Jacket, Size 40By GivenchyLocated in Beverly Hills, CAProduct details: The jacket is made out of 100% wool, featuring stripped pattern with front button closure and button details on the sleeves.Category
21st Century and Contemporary Jackets$520 Sale Price20% Off
- Animal print kaki and black velvet single breasted jacket Givenchy BoutiqueBy GivenchyLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRAnimal print kaki and black velvet single breasted. Branded buttonsCategory
Early 2000s French Single-Breasted Jackets
- Givenchy vintage jacketBy GivenchyLocated in Amsterdam, NLGivenchy jacket in Chanel style with 3 buttons, 2 pockets Color: pink mixed size EU 38/ US 8 Please note that vintage items are not new and therefore might have minor imperfections.Category
1980s French Jackets
- Givenchy Black White Bolero Corset JacketBy GivenchyLocated in Los Angeles, CAStand out in a good way wearing this runway jacket by Givenchy ! Pair with black skinny Pants and boots for a great look. Corset / Bustier style is super sexy! Low bodice. Viscose bl...Category
2010s French Bolero Jackets
- Givenchy Cashmere Blend Coat Buttoned Men Long Jacket Size 50IT (M/L)By Ricardo Tisci, GivenchyLocated in Kaunas, LTGivenchy Wool Cashmere Coat Color: Black (An actual color may a bit vary due to individual computer screen interpretation) Material: , 20% polyamide, 10% cashmere Tag size: 50IT (M/L...Category
2010s French Mantle Coats
Recently ViewedView More
Fiercely Fabulous, This Givenchy Tiger-Print Coat Graced the Pages of ‘Vogue’ in 1969
Impeccably tailored and beautifully preserved, the piece will be cherished by a true fashion-phile.
Too Soon for the Return of ’90s Fashion? As If
There's a renewed appreciation for the era's aesthetic, perhaps most notably among millennials seeking authentic, easy style.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery