Chanel Gold Leather Bra
View Similar Items
Chanel Gold Leather Bra
About the Manufacturer
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Browse vintage Chanel bags, evening dresses, shoes, jewelry and other clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
- Chanel 2004 Pastel CC Logo Embroidered CamisoleBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZThe most adorable and dainty top from the great house of Chanel. This was expertly designed with great care by Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel 2004 spring collection. The details of this top will have you falling in love over and over again. It is made of a fine stretch mesh embellished with diamond pattern accent with interlocking embroidered CC logos woven throughout. It has a tight and sexy fit that will flatter in the best way. This has a beautiful soft pastel pink and off-white color. Zoom in on the hundreds of 'cc' details embedded into the embroidering and the dainty pink buttons on the back. The back ties to make it a perfect fit for you. Pair this top with a Chanel tweed mini skirt...Category
Early 2000s French Camisoles
- Vintage Calvin Klein 1990s Black Lace Sexy Long Sleeve 90s Bodysuit OnesieBy Calvin KleinLocated in San Diego, CASexy vintage rare early CALVIN KLEIN 1990s black lace bodysuit! All over black regal lace. Amazing bodycon fit, that is extremely versatile. Can ...Category
1990s American Blouses and Tops
- 1990s Emilio Pucci New Light Blue + Brown + Maroon Signature Mosaic Silk Bra TopBy Emilio PucciLocated in San Diego, CASexy brand new 90s vintage EMILIO PUCCI silk bra crop top! Features the signature Pucci kaleidoscope print, with Pucci signature scribbled throughout. Straps are adjustable, and can ...Category
1990s Italian Bras
- Sexy 1990s French Peek-a-Boo Sequined Short Sleeve One Piece Black 90s BodysuitLocated in San Diego, CASexy 1990s black French sequined and beaded short sleeve peek-a-boo one piece bodysuit! Features a soft fabric that stretches to fit. Peek-a-boo details at shoulders are encrusted wi...Category
1990s French Bodysuits$550 Sale Price20% Off
- CD Greene Couture 1990s Nude + Black Sexy Beaded Sheer Vintage 90s BodysuitBy CD GREENELocated in San Diego, CASexy 1990s C.D GREENE Couture never worn nude and black beaded sheer bodysuit! Features a double layered nude mesh with thousands of hand-sewn black seed beads throughout the front. Hidden zipper up the back with hook-and-eye closure. Built-in nude cups to conceal the breasts. Hidden snaps at the bottom crotch. Extremely well made, with so much attention to detail. Can easily be dressed up or down. Great with jeans, a full length ball skirt, trousers, or a sexy leather...Category
1990s Italian Bodysuits
- Vintage ESCADA by Margaretha Ley Pink Sequined Silk Bodysuit Leotard OnesieBy Margaretha LeyLocated in San Diego, CAAmazing vintage ESCADA, by MARGARETHA LEY pink sequined bodysuit! Features a silk bodice with hundreds of pink sequins hand-sewn throughout the fron...Category
1990s German Blouses and Tops
Recently ViewedView More
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
A Chanel Wicker Handbag Gives Impossibly Chic Picnic Vibes
Only Chanel could elevate humble materials like denim and wicker to icon-level status.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery