Gucci Black Leather Square Toe Pumps Size 36
About the Item
- Dimensions:Marked Size: 5 (US)
- Place of Origin:
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Gently Used This item is in good condition aside from visible signs of use on sole and noticeable crease marks/scuffs on insole and lining material.
- Seller Location:Dubai, AE
- Reference Number:Seller: 2963171stDibs: LU1310110468822
Long before trend-bucking creative director Alessandro Michele brought his hallucinatory “Utopian Fantasy” campaign to Gucci, it was a modest Italian leather shop. Today, it’s an internationally renowned luxury house with an iconic logo, and vintage Gucci clothing, handbags and shoes are among high fashion's most covetable goods.
Guccio Gucci (1881–1953) admired the stylish suitcases he saw wealthy guests arrive with at the Savoy Hotel in London, where he worked as a bellhop. So, in 1921, after a stint at Franzi, a luggage company in his hometown of Florence, he opened a leather goods shop of his own.
At first, Gucci’s Florence business specialized in equestrian accessories. But as its reputation flourished, particularly among the English aristocracy, so too did its footprint. In 1938, he brought three of his sons — Aldo, Vasco and Rodolfo — into the business and expanded it to Rome and later Milan. In the mid-1930s, a League of Nations embargo against Italy pushed Gucci to experiment with alternatives to imported leather. Its woven hemp fabric from Naples, adorned with the brand’s signature diamond print, was a hit, especially among A-list celebrities. The material was first used on suitcases before finding enduring popularity on handbags. (No list of revered designer purses would be complete without Gucci.)
In the 1950s, Elizabeth Taylor carried one of Gucci’s bamboo-handled tote bags, another adaptation to material rationing. After Jackie Kennedy was seen sporting a slouchy Gucci tote in 1961, it was renamed for the First Lady. Then Grace Kelly, on a visit to the boutique in Milan, inspired Rodolfo Gucci to work with Italian illustrator and Gucci textile designer Vittorio Accornero on the Flora print in 1966. Taking cues from Sandro Botticelli’s Primavera, with its pattern of flora and insects, it was painted entirely by hand and featured no fewer than 37 colors.
In 1953, just 15 days after opening his first store on New York’s 5th Avenue, Guccio passed away at 72. The early 1970s saw store openings in Tokyo and Hong Kong, but by the late 1980s, Gucci was floundering. Rodolfo Gucci took charge in 1982, but family drama and lawsuits ensued. In 1993, Rodolfo’s son, Maurizio, transferred his shares in the company to Investcorp, ending the family’s involvement in Gucci. Dawn Mello, then-president of Bergdorf Goodman, joined as creative director in 1989. But it was Tom Ford, who took over as creative director in 1994, who ultimately revived the brand.
Ford’s racy ads, shot by photographers such as Mario Testino, stirred controversy. And his potent vision of sexed-up femininity — with “jewel-toned satin shirts unbuttoned to there,” as Vogue described his breakthrough 1995 runway show — was wildly successful. The new millennium brought new ownership — Pinault Printemps Redoute in 2004 — and a more toned-down vision from Frida Giannini, who became sole creative director in 2006. Alessandro Michele was named creative director in 2015, and the storied brand took a giant leap forward.
Find vintage Gucci clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Dior Black Leather Pointed Toe Pumps Size 40By Christian DiorLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Wonderfully-crafted shoes added with notable elements to fit well and pair perfectly with all your plans. Make these Dior kitten heel pumps yours today! includes Original DustbagCategory
2010s Italian Heels
- Balenciaga Shimmery Black Knit Fabric Speed Trainer Sneakers Size 38By BalenciagaLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Celebrating the fusion of sports and luxury fashion, these Balenciaga Speed Trainer sneakers are absolutely worth the splurge. They are laceless and so well-crafted with knit fabric ...Category
2010s Italian Shoes
- Gucci Black Bee Star Embroidered Leather Web Sylvie Slingback Pumps Size 38By GucciLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Make a chic style statement with these designer pumps. They showcase sturdy heels and durable soles, perfect for your fashionable outings! Includes Original BoxCategory
2010s Italian Heels
- Christian Louboutin Black Satin Vieira Low Top Sneakers Size 40By Christian LouboutinLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Coming in a classic silhouette, these designer sneakers are a seamless combination of luxury, comfort, and style. These sneakers are finished with signature details and comfortable i...Category
2010s Italian Shoes
- Louis Vuitton Black Leather Horizon Platform Sandals Size 37By Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2A classic pair of sandals is a must-have in every collection, and when the design is by Louis Vuitton, it is sure to add a statement of luxury to your wardrobe. These sandals are sur...Category
2010s Italian Sandals
- Louis Vuitton Black Leather Monte Carlo Loafers Size 44By Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Practical, fashionable, and durable—these designer loafers are carefully built to be fine companions to your everyday style. They come made using the best materials to be a prized bu...Category
2010s Italian Moccasins
- NEW Balmain Limited Edition Black & Blue High Top Leather Combat Boots 36By BalmainLocated in Switzerland, CHLimited Edition Balmain Cell Stellar high-top leather combat boots Sold out immediately Details: Black leather Balmain Cell Stellar high-top combat leather boots Round to Lace-up f...Category
2010s French Shoes
- NEW Tod's for Ferrari Black Gommino Moccasins Loafers Alligator Crocodile 10By FerrariLocated in Switzerland, CHAMAZING RARE RARE RARE TOD'S FOR FERRARI LIMITED EDITION MOCCASINS LOAFERS RETAIL PRICE 7700$ PLUS TAXES DETAILS: A signature piece that will last you for years From an exclusive and limited exotic skin collection produced for Ferrari Pure luxury Beautiful exotic skin real crocodile leather - no print! Fantastic black leather with "Ferrari"-red stitching Ferrari horse...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Moccasins
- Tom Ford for YSL SS 2004 Collection Crystal Embellished Spectator Shoes 39 US 9By Tom Ford for Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Montgomery, TXTom Ford for Yves Saint Laurent Spectator Shoes Italian size 39 - US 9 These sensational shoes will add dramatic panache to evening elegance. Fully co...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Heels
- Fendi Mens 9EU Black Slip-On Logo Calfskin Mesh Low Top Sneakers 7E1234By FendiLocated in Dix hills, NYFendi Mens 9EU Black Slip-On Logo Calfskin Mesh Low Top Sneakers 7E1234 Date Code/Serial Number: 7E1234 Made In: Italy Measurements: Length: 13" Width: 5" ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Boots
- Chanel Espadrille 37 Canvas Linen Raw Edge Cap-Toe Flats CC-0717N-0002By ChanelLocated in Downey, CAChanel Espadrille 37 Canvas Linen Raw Edge Cap-Toe Flats CC-0717N-0002 These fun Chanel Navy Blue Linen Espadrille Flats can enhance any style. These highly sought after espadrilles...Category
2010s Spanish Shoes
- New Gucci Suede Black and Gold Ad Runway Platform Heel, Fall Winter 2007 Sz 7.5By GucciLocated in Leesburg, VAGucci Platform Heels Rare Fall Winter 2007 Brand New * Stunning Suede Platforms * Black Suede * Gold Wire Threading * Size: 7.5 * Knot Detail at Toe * ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Shoes
Recently ViewedView All
Explore a Century of Gucci Fashion in London
The iconic Italian label’s traveling exhibition has just arrived in London.
The Stories behind the Most Famous Luxury Fashion Logos
From Chanel to YSL, the logos of some legacy fashion houses spark instant brand recognition and have come to symbolize a kind of luxury that feels at once aspirational and attainable.