- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Hermès Pink and Orange Bouncing Sneakers
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Geneva, Switzerland
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
For Hermès, what began as a maker of leather equestrian goods for European noblemen would eventually grow into one of the most storied fashion labels in the world. In 1837, German-born French entrepreneur Thierry Hermès opened a saddle and harness purveyor in Paris. Gradually, the house extended into accessories and luggage for its riders, and today, in paying homage to its origins, the family-run luxury brand resurfaces horse motifs in everything from clothing and modernist jewelry to pillows and handbags.
The first top-handled bag ever produced by Hermès was the Haut à courroies, which made its debut in 1892. A tall bag secured with a folded leather flap (fastened with bridle-inspired straps), it was designed to transport riding boots and a harness. As the world made the switch from horse to automobile, the bag adapted, becoming a multifunctional travel satchel instead of a designated saddlebag. Today, 120 years later, the HAC remains in Hermès’s line — and its distinctive flap and clasping straps have laid the groundwork for some of the house’s other iconic bags.
In the 1930s, Robert Dumas (son-in-law to Émile-Maurice Hermès, Thierry’s grandson) designed a smaller, trapezoidal take on the flap bag with a handle and two side straps. Later, actress Grace Kelly, then engaged to Prince Rainier of Monaco, is said to have used one of these bags to conceal her pregnancy during the 1950s. Because she was photographed constantly, the coverage catapulted her handbag to international popularity. In 1977, Hermès officially renamed the model for her, and the Kelly bag was born. Each Kelly bag takes between 18 and 25 hours to produce, and its 680 hand stitches owe solely to one Hermès artisan.
Robert Dumas was also responsible for another one of the brand’s most iconic offerings: the launch of its first silk scarf on the occasion of Hermès’s 100th anniversary in 1937. Based on a woodblock designed by Dumas and printed on Chinese silk, the accessory was an immediate hit.
Today, vintage Hermès scarves, typically adorned in rich colors and elaborate patterns, serve many functions, just as they did back then. Well-heeled women wear it on their heads, around their necks and, in a genius piece of cross-promotion, tied to the straps of their Hermès bags. Kelly even once used one as a sling for her broken arm.
In 1981, Robert Dumas’s son Jean-Louis Dumas, then Hermès chairman, found himself sitting next to French actress and musician Jane Birkin on a plane, where she was complaining about finding a suitable carryall for the necessary accoutrements of motherhood. After the two travelers were properly introduced, Birkin helped design Jean-Louis’s most famous contribution to the Hermès canon: the Birkin bag, a roomy, square catchall with the HAC’s trademark leather flap top and the addition of a lock and key. Owing to the brand’s legendary commitment to deft, handcrafted construction, the Birkin is an investment that is coveted by collectors everywhere.
While the Kelly and Birkin may be standouts, gracing the arms of everyone from royal heiresses to hip-hop stars in the past few decades, the handbags are but a small part of Hermès’s fashion offerings. Since the 1920s, the brand has produced some of the most desirable leather goods in the world. There’s the Constance bag, a favorite of Jacqueline Kennedy, the recently relaunched 1970s-era Evelyne and, on the vintage market, a slew of designs dating back to the 1920s.
- Hermès Duo Ankle BootsBy HermèsLocated in Geneva, CHThese pre-owned Duo ankle boots from Hermès are crafted in a Nocciola (grey/grège) H knit with "Clic! C'est Noue" motif. They feature an "Ex-Libris" detail in black calfskin and thei...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Ankle Boots
- Hermès Mens Black Leather Ankle BootsBy HermèsLocated in Geneva, CHBeautiful classic ankle boots for men from the house of Hermès. Crafted in a smooth black calfskin leather, they are everything one wants in simple, chic and elegant !!! They are new...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Ankle Boots
- Chanel CC Chain Link Straps Cork Platform WedgesBy ChanelLocated in Geneva, CHThese great platform sandals are pre-owned but new. They are part of the Spring 2011 collection from Karl Lagerfeld for the house of Chanel. They feature black leather Interlocking C...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Strap Sandals
- Christian Louboutin Nude Jumping Patent Leather Heels PumpsBy Christian LouboutinLocated in Geneva, CHLovely pre-owned but new attached strap adorns glossy nude patent leather point-toe pumps from the house of Christian Louboutin. Material: Patent leather Sole: leather Color: nude M...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Heels$315 Sale Price20% Off
- Valentino Garavani Rockstud Caged Ankle Strap Pink PumpsBy Valentino GaravaniLocated in Geneva, CHBeautiful pre-owned but New Rockstud ankle strap pumps from the house of Valentino Garavani ! They are crafted in a bright pink calfskin leather with powder-colour nappa leather pipi...Category
21st Century and Contemporary High Heels
- Christian Dior Open Toe Cannage PumpsBy Christian DiorLocated in Geneva, CHThese pre-owned pumps from the house of Christian Dior are crafted from gold-tone leather with crisscross straps adorning the open round toes. They feature block heels with the icon...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Heels
You May Also Like
2010s Clogs Mules
21st Century and Contemporary Boots
21st Century and Contemporary Heels
21st Century and Contemporary Sandals
Recently ViewedView More
The Stories behind the Most Famous Luxury Fashion Logos
From Chanel to YSL, the logos of some legacy fashion houses spark instant brand recognition and have come to symbolize a kind of luxury that feels at once aspirational and attainable.
How to Spot a Fake Hermès Birkin Bag
The iconic Birkin bag is much coveted — and often copied. Find out how to tell the real deal from a convincing fake. Of course, you don't have to worry about this on 1stDibs, where every Birkin is highly vetted.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery