Louis Vuitton 2022 Top Oversize Hoody Monogram Knit
About the Item
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: PARIS, France
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Simone Rocha Oversize anthracite Alpaga Sweater FR36/38By Simone RochaLocated in PARIS, FRSimone Rocha oversized sweater, in thick anthracite gray alpaca wool blend knit dotted with large buckles, the bottom of the sweater open wide on each side, round neck, long sleeves,...Category
2010s British Sweaters
- Prada Top Sweater black silver FR40 IT44By PradaLocated in PARIS, FRPrada sweater in sock stitch in black and silver mottled metallic wool and silk thread, turtleneck, long sleeves. Size 44IT or 40FR (measurements taken flat without stretching the me...Category
2010s Italian Pullovers
- SS 2012 Ecru Cashmere Cardigan FR38By Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in PARIS, FRChanel SS 2012 collection cardigan in ecru cashmere, straight cut, trimmings in light green translucent plastic yarn and silky ecru viscose yarn, front closure with 3 invisible hooks...Category
2010s French Cardigans
- Chanel Black wool crop cardigan FR36 Lions head buttonsBy ChanelLocated in PARIS, FRChanel Uniform crop cardigan in black wool knit, small V-neck closed with 5 silver metal lion-head buttons, 2 chest pockets also buttoned, long sleeves, unlined. No more composition ...Category
2010s French Cardigans
- 2016 Chanel Cotton Cashmere Blue Pearls Cardigan FR44/48By Chanel, Karl LagerfeldLocated in PARIS, FRChanel cardigan circa 2016 in cotton knit (53%) and cashmere with royal blue twists, closed V-neck and pockets closed with blackened silver metal buttons, bordered with half fancy pe...Category
2010s French Cardigans
- 2000 Corinne H. Precious Kimono Black OSLocated in PARIS, FRCorinne H. long jacket, box shape, shawl collar, long raglan sleeves, bottom edged with a fringe of pearls and black pompoms. No size label but the jacket fits from 36 to 44: middle ...Category
Early 2000s French Jackets
- Chanel & Karl Lagerfeld runway Pre-Fall 2014 Paris-Dallas cashmere sweater jumpeBy Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in Алматинский Почтамт, KZChanel & Karl Lagerfeld runway Pre-Fall 2014 Paris-Dallas cashmere sweater jumper Creative Director: Karl Lagerfeld Collection: Chanel Pre-Fall 2014 P...Category
2010s Italian Sweaters
- Oliver Spencer SweaterLocated in London, GBOliver Spencer Sweater Dark grey jumper with crew neckline, slim fit. Additional information: Size – S Composition - Merino Wool Condition – Very GoodCategory
2010s Sweater Vests
- Chanel Cotton Top & Matching HoodieBy ChanelLocated in London, GBChanel Sport Cotton Top & Matching Hoodie Ivory sleeve top top with large 'CC' logo and stripped, ribbed neckline, arms and hem. Matching hoodie with pockets and 'CC' logo pull zipp...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Cardigans
- Isabel Marant Virgin Wool & Angora Roll Neck JumperLocated in London, GBIsabel Marant Virgin Wool & Angora Roll Neck Jumper Bright red knitwear designed with chunky roll neck and long sleeves. Featuring regular fit, ribbed cuffs and hem. Size – 3 - L ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Pullovers
- Joseph Sleeveless Lambswool JumperBy JosephLocated in London, GBJoseph Sleeveless Lambswool Jumper Black tweed knit jumper designed with tiny white knit pattern throughout. Featuring ribbed, crew neckline and straight fit silhouette. Size – L ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Sweater Vests
Recently ViewedView All
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.