- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Dior Pink Cannage Patent Leather Lady Dior Chain Clutch
- DimensionsHeight: 4.53 in. (11.5 cm)Width: 0.99 in. (2.5 cm)Length: 8.27 in. (21 cm)
- Place of OriginItaly
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Well Used EXTERIOR: Visible discoloration, pen marks and markings. LINING: Minor glue/darkening and scuffs. HARDWARE: (internal/external): Minor scratches and marks. MISSING PART(S): Chain is missing.
- Seller LocationDubai, AE
- Reference NumberSeller: 4378211stDibs: LU1310112954872
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$50 Standard Parcel Shippingto United States 0, arrives in 3-8 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Estimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
When Christian Dior launched his couture house, in 1946, he wanted nothing less than to make “an elegant woman more beautiful and a beautiful woman more elegant.” He succeeded, and in doing so the visionary designer altered the landscape of 20th century fashion.
Dior was born in Granville, on the Normandy coast, in 1905. His prosperous haute bourgeois parents wanted him to become a diplomat despite his interest in art and architecture. However, they agreed to bankroll an art gallery, which Dior opened in 1928 in Paris with a friend.
This was the start of Dior’s rise in the city’s creative milieu, where he befriended Pablo Picasso and Jean Cocteau. After seven years as an art dealer, Dior retrained as a fashion illustrator, eventually landing a job as a fashion designer for Robert Piguet, and in 1941, following a year of military service, he joined the house of Lucien Lelong. Just five years later, with the backing of industrialist Marcel Boussac, the ascendant Dior established his own fashion house, at 30 avenue Montaigne in Paris.
Just two years after the end of World War II, the fashion crowd and the moribund haute couture industry were yearning, comme tout Paris, for security and prosperity, desperate to discard the drab, sexless, utilitarian garb imposed by wartime deprivation. They needed to dream anew.
And Dior delivered: He designed a collection for a bright, optimistic future. “It’s quite a revolution, dear Christian!” exclaimed Carmel Snow, the prescient American editor-in-chief of Harper’s Bazaar, famously proclaiming, “Your dresses have such a new look.” The press ran with the description, christening Dior’s debut Spring/Summer haute couture collection the New Look. “God help those who bought before they saw Dior,” said Snow. “This changes everything.”
Dior’s collection definitively declared that opulence, luxury and femininity were in. His skirts could have 40-meter-circumference hems, and outfits could weigh up to 60 pounds. They were cut and shaped like architecture, on strong foundations that molded women and “freed them from nature,” Dior said. Rather than rationing, his ladies wanted reams of fabric and 19-inch waists enforced by wire corsets, and the fashion world concurred. The debut got a standing ovation.
In the subsequent decade, Paris ruled as the undisputed fashion capital of the world, and Christian Dior reigned as its king. With the luxuriously full skirts of his New Look, suits and his drop-dead gorgeous evening dresses and ball gowns worthy of any princess, Dior gave women the gift of glamour they’d lost in the miserable years of war.
- By Christian DiorLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2This Lady Dior clutch is a coveted creation that every fashionista craves to possess. This beige beauty has been...Category
- By Christian DiorLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2This Lady Dior clutch has been crafted in Italy from patent leather and it carries the brand's signature Cannage...Category
- By Christian DiorLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2This Panarea pouch from Dior is a timeless piece. The bag comes in a luxurious cannage coated canvas exterior wi...Category
You May Also Like
Early 2000s Clutches
21st Century and Contemporary Clutches
Late 20th Century Clutches
Early 2000s Clutches
21st Century and Contemporary Pouches and Wristlets
Too Soon for the Return of ’90s Fashion? As If
There's a renewed appreciation for the era's aesthetic, perhaps most notably among millennials seeking authentic, easy style.
14 Iconic Luxury Handbags and the Stories behind Them
When the name of a bag is as well-known as its brand, you know it's a classic.
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery