Chanel Pink/Black Knit Pattern Double Flap Handbag
About the Item
- Dimensions:Height: 6 in (15.24 cm)Depth: 3 in (7.62 cm)Length: 10 in (25.4 cm)
- Place of Origin:France
- Seller Location:Scottsdale, AZ
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU167218215362
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Browse vintage Chanel bags, evening dresses, shoes, jewelry and other clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Scottsdale, AZ
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
- Yves Saint Laurent Beaded Kate BagBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Scottsdale, AZThe perfect addition to any evening! This stunning handbag from Yves Saint Laurent features beautiful black velvet with gold hardware and hand embellished floral beading throughout. ...Category
2010s Italian Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Chanel Tweed Limited Edition Boy BagBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZA mini Chanel Boy Bag but make it Rock & Roll! Mixing red and black leather will never fail to make you feel like your most confident self. The gra...Category
2010s French Shoulder Bags
- Chanel Metallic Calfskin Quilted 2.55 Reissue Jumbo Double FlapBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZElectrify your look and make a statement with this Chanel double flap bag. Its metallic leather exterior is designed with the quilted stitch and...Category
2010s French Shoulder Bags
- Chanel Reissue 2.55 Flap Bag Plaid Quilted TweedBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZYour favorite flannel pajamas but make it cozy Chanel! Their signature twist lock flap closure is featured on the front, monogrammed and with an embossed lock. The silver chain link handles are coupled with eyelets and complement the strong pattern of the bag. The back has one patch pocket. Lined with buttered leather, the interior includes three compartments and one with a flap and a snap lock closure. It includes one zipped pocket and two patches, as well as a pen holder. Pair with a Balenciaga...Category
2010s French Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- CHANEL Black/Peach Tweed and Leather Medium Gabrielle Hobo BagBy ChanelLocated in Scottsdale, AZFOUND! The most perfect and versatile bag. From the 2018 Cruise collection this fabulous Gabrielle Hobo Bag is part of Chanel's new 'Gabrielle' line. This particular hobo bag feature...Category
2010s French Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Gucci Striped Monogram Vintage HandbagBy GucciLocated in Scottsdale, AZFrom none other than the house of Gucci! This takes the classic monogrammed bag and adds an interesting twist. The monogram is unique and fun with 'GG' embedded in slanted stripes in...Category
Mid-20th Century Italian Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Vintage YVES SAINT LAURENT Ysl Black Passementerie Hand BagBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage YVES SAINT LAURENT Ysl Black Passementerie Hand Bag Measurements: Height: 6.89 inches (17.5 cm) without the handles Width: 8.66 inches (22 cm) Depth: 2.75 inches (7 cm) Han...Category
20th Century French Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- CHANEL Ivory Cream Caviar Leather CC Gold Evening Medium Shoulder Camera BagBy ChanelLocated in Chicago, ILPre-Owned Vintage Condition From 1996 Collection Caviar Leather Gold Tone Hardware Leather Lining Measures 9.75" W x 6" H x 2.75" D Shoulder Strap Drop 20" Includes Authenticity Card...Category
Late 20th Century Shoulder Bags$8,180 Sale Price20% Off
- HERMES Red Suede Vespa Palladium Hardware Small Crossbody Shoulder BagBy HermèsLocated in Chicago, ILPre-Owned Vintage Condition From 2004 Collection Suede Palladium Tone Hardware Measures 7" W x 7" H x 2.5" D Strap Drop 22” 100% Authenticity Guaranteed by NEWFOUND LUXURYCategory
21st Century and Contemporary Shoulder Bags$5,540 Sale Price20% Off
- CHANEL Black Perforated Lambskin Quilted hardware Small Shoulder Flap BagBy ChanelLocated in Chicago, ILPre-Owned Vintage Condition From 2008 Collection Lambskin Leather Silver Tone Hardware Leather Lining Measures 6.75" W x 5" H X 2.5" D Shoulder Strap Drop 21" Includes Authenticity ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Shoulder Bags$8,900 Sale Price20% Off
- HERMES NEW Constance 24 Swift Leather Silk Marble Printed Rose Shoulder Flap BagBy HermèsLocated in Chicago, ILNew Condition From 2022 Collection Rose Azalee Rose Mexico Swift Leather Palladium Leather Measures 9" W x 7.5" H x 2.75" D Shoulder Strap Drop 17.5" Includes Strap, Dust Bag and Box...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Shoulder Bags$47,940 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Chanel 90's Vintage Diamond Quilted CC Shoulder BagBy ChanelLocated in Miami, FLChanel Vintage 90's Diamond Quilted CC Shoulder Bag Year: circa 1992 leather diamond quilting signature interlocking CC turn-lock fastening gold-tone hardware large tassel...Category
1990s Italian Shoulder Bags
Recently ViewedView More
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery