- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
CHANEL S/S 2008 "East West" Brown Quilted Leather Accordion Flap Bag Purse
- Place of OriginItaly
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Minimal spots to lining. Minor imperfections to leather piping. Please refer to photos.
- Seller LocationThiensville, WI
- Reference NumberSeller: EI:007613_1/E1stDibs: LU54132342793
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$20 Standard Parcel Shippingto United States 0, arrives in 3-8 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Thiensville, WI
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
More than a mere tastemaker, Karl Lagerfeld devoted himself to the continual pursuit of chic. “My life and my job,” the designer once said, “is to forget myself.” During his five-decade career designing shoes, handbags, evening dresses and other items for Chanel, Fendi, Chloé and many others, Lagerfeld was a quintessential chameleon, ever evolving to embody the times.
An outsize, instantly recognizable personality — his ponytail powdered like an 18th-century viscount, his eyes perpetually shielded by dark glasses, wearing fistfuls of chunky silver jewels — Lagerfeld was, above all, an avatar of style.
Born in Hamburg (in 1933, ’35, or ’38 by varying accounts), Karl Lagerfeld packed his bags for Paris in 1954. His design for a coat won him the International Wool Secretariat and landed him a job with the celebrated couturier Pierre Balmain. He went on to become the designer of Jean Patou, eventually realizing that his seemingly endless ideas could fuel a career as a designer-for-hire. As such, Lagerfeld lent his vision to everyone from Loewe and Max Mara to Krizia and Charles Jourdan, nimbly moving among a diverse range of styles. It was an unprecedented way of working in the days when freelance was still a dirty word. During the late ’60s and ’70s, he refashioned Chloé to reflect the free spirit of the day and, beginning in 1965, joined forces with the Fendi family, taking it from sleepy furrier to fashion’s haute-est stratum.
Because of his track record for reviving and reimagining brands that had grown stagnant, in 1984 Lagerfeld was handed the reins at Chanel, which had been gathering dust since its founder’s heyday. From his first collection, Lagerfeld injected the venerable house with a frisson of modernity. He riffed on its iconography — tweed skirt suits, pearls, camellias — accenting a lexicon of Chanel-isms with tastes of the moment. Despite producing eight collections a year for Chanel, as well as four to five for Fendi, Lagerfeld never faltered in proposing new ideas each time he put pencil to paper.
Lagerfeld’s collections for Chanel, in particular, displayed his knack for synthesizing old and new, high and low. From Watteau (Spring/Summer 1985 couture) and Serge Roche (Spring/Summer 1990 ready-to-wear) to hip-hop fly girls (Fall/Winter 1991 ready-to-wear), surfers (Spring/Summer 2003 ready-to-wear) and ancient Egypt (Pre-Fall 2019), Lagerfeld used each season’s inspiration to conceive Chanel’s signatures anew.
Browse a collection of sophisticated designs by Karl Lagerfeld on 1stDibs, including evening gowns for Chanel, vintage cocktail dresses for Chloé and more.
- By Chanel, Karl LagerfeldLocated in Thiensville, WICHANEL Black Caviar Leather Silver Top Handle Quilted Satchel Handbag Purse Brand / Manufacturer: Chanel Style:...Category
1990s Top Handle Bags$1,563 Sale Price20% Off
- By Chanel, Karl LagerfeldLocated in Thiensville, WICHANEL c.2002 Red White Blue CC Surf Wave Canvas Beach Bag Large Tote Brand / Manufacturer: Chanel Style: Beac...Category
Early 2000s Tote Bags$1,835 Sale Price20% Off
- By Riccardo Tisci, GivenchyLocated in Thiensville, WIGivenchy c.2007 plum purple genuine leather east-west buckle bag. Adjustable flat leather top handle. Fold-over ...Category
Early 2000s Structured Shoulder Bags$547 Sale Price20% Off
- By Giuliana CamerinoLocated in Thiensville, WIVintage Robeta Di Camerino c.1976 gray wool and brown leather dual buckle satchel. Gray wool front and back pane...Category
1970s Shoulder Bags$787 Sale Price20% Off
- By John Galliano, GivenchyLocated in Thiensville, WIGIVENCHY 2003 Multi Floral Rose & Violets Camouflage Structured Shoulder Bag + Crossbody Shoulder Strap Brand...Category
Early 2000s Structured Shoulder Bags$1,147 Sale Price20% Off
- By Alexander McQueenLocated in Thiensville, WIDESCRIPTION: ALEXANDER McQUEEN Pre Fall 2009 Paisley Gold Hinge Turnlock Satchel Handbag RARE Brand / Manufact...Category
Early 2000s Top Handle Bags$2,315 Sale Price20% Off
You May Also Like
20th Century Shoulder Bags
1990s Top Handle Bags
2010s Shoulder Bags
Early 2000s Top Handle Bags
1990s Top Handle Bags
1990s Shoulder Bags
Early 2000s Shoulder Bags
1990s Shoulder Bags
Remembering Fashion Designer, Collector and Supreme Tastemaker Karl Lagerfeld
The creative force behind brands like Chanel, Fendi and Chloé was as exacting in his interiors as he was in his clothing designs.
Chanel’s Boy Brick Lego Bag Transforms a Barcode into Art
In the hands of Karl Lagerfeld, even running errands became a chic exercise.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery