This Chanel Black Caviar Quilted Leather Grand Shopping Tote GST Bag is no longer available.
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Chanel Black Caviar Quilted Leather Grand Shopping Tote GST Bag
- DimensionsHeight: 10 in. (25.4 cm)Width: 16 in. (40.64 cm)Depth: 5.5 in. (13.97 cm)
- Place of OriginItaly
- ConditionGently used. The exterior is in excellent condition. It shows only some fading on satin lining inside. Chanel cards, dustbag and box included. The code sticker has come off but the authenticity card is present.
- Seller LocationRome, IT
- Reference NumberSeller: SB-16599333-XXM1stDibs: LU232210873272
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$54.93 Express Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 5-6 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Rome, Italy
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.
About Chanel (Designer)
The first Chanel shop was opened in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, her designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz. Over the next six decades, Coco Chanel would become a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls.
However, Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a collarless jacket and fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Browse vintage Chanel evening dresses, jackets and more at 1stDibs.
- By ChanelLocated in Rome, RomeBeautiful CHANEL Reversible 'Coco Cocoon' Tote bag, from the 2009-2010 winter collection. Crafted in quilted nyl...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Tote BagsH 11.5 in. W 18 in. D 7 in.$1,744
- By ChanelLocated in Rome, RomeThis bag will come with a Certificate of Authenticity provided by Entrupy, at no further cost. Sophisticated be...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Tote BagsH 9.75 in. W 12 in. D 6 in.$1,902
- By ChanelLocated in Rome, RomeBlack satin Chanel 'Melrose Cabas' Tote with diamond quilting around the base. Silver-tone hardware. Double shou...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Tote BagsH 12 in. W 19 in. D 5.5 in.$1,982
- By ChanelLocated in Rome, RomeCHANEL Vintage Shopping Tote in Navy Blue quilted leather, from the 90s. Tortoise chain link top handles thread...Category
Late 20th Century Tote BagsH 12.5 in. W 13 in. D 4 in.$2,341
- By ChanelLocated in Rome, RomeChanel yellow jacquard nylon tote bag from the 'Travel line' collection. Yellow leather top handles.Double magne...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Tote BagsH 15.5 in. W 14.5 in.$512
- By Maison Martin MargielaLocated in Rome, RomeMaison Martin Margiela Line 11 black leather tote bag. 3 main compartments with magnetic button closures. Black ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Tote BagsSize: Medium$841