- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Unused Chanel Black Caviar Embossed CC Shoulder Tote Bag
About the Item
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- Prada Green Tessuto Pietre Jewelled Nylon Tote BagBy PradaLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Prada Tessuto Pietre green nylon tote bag with green jewels. - Green patent leather straps. - Magnetic closure. - Prada lining. - Interior zip pocket closure. - 29 cm x 34 ...Category
2010s Italian Tote Bags
- Chanel Pink Boston Style Handbag.By Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel pink boston style handbag from year 2004 to 2005. - Leather handle. - Two compartments zip closure. - “CC” silver hardware. - Measurements: Length: 30cm. ...Category
Early 2000s Italian Top Handle Bags
- Chanel Black Caviar Gold "CC" Logo Shopping ToteBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel black caviar leather gold "CC" logo shopping tote from early 90s collection. Its a black and gold Chanel classic and vintage bag combination! - Featuring gold hardware cav...Category
1990s French Tote Bags
- Chanel Blue Patent Leather HandbagBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel blue patent leather handbag from year 2000 to 2022. - Two compartments interior slip pocket. One zip pocket closure with “CHANEL” gold hardware. One extra small sli...Category
Early 2000s French Top Handle Bags
- Vintage Chanel Green “CC” Suede and Fur Oblong Tote BagBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel Green “CC” Suede and Fur Oblong Tote Bag. - Silver-toned hardware. - a small zip pouch included. - Zip interior pocket. - Handle Drop: 7.5 inches. Height: 13.5...Category
Early 2000s French Tote Bags$1,584 Sale Price20% Off
- Chanel Black Caviar "CC" Hand Tote BagBy Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage Chanel black caviar "CC" interlock hand tote bag from year 1997 to 1999. - Hardware: Gold - "CHANEL" zip closure. - Two side slip pockets. - Measurements: Length: 2...Category
1990s Italian Top Handle Bags
- Chanel Be CC Tote Quilted Calfskin with Caviar LargeBy ChanelLocated in NY, NYCondition: Very good. Creasing on exterior, wear and scuffs on exterior and handles, cracking on handle wax edges. Discoloration in interior, small glue stains on interior pocket ope...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Tote Bags
- Chanel Black Caviar Petit Shopping ToteBy ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLThis authentic Chanel Black Caviar Petit Shopping Tote is in pristine condition. The beloved PST is from the Timeless Classics Collection and is a versatile accompaniment to any ens...Category
Early 2000s European Tote Bags
- Chanel Red Satin Vintage Evening BagBy ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLThis authentic Chanel Red Satin Vintage Evening Bag is in lovely condition. Uniquely shaped in vivid red satin, this crossbody piece is truly beautiful. Bright red satin vintage ba...Category
Late 20th Century European Structured Shoulder Bags
- Chanel Grey Ivory Stripes Canvas Wooden Clam Shell Shoulder BagBy ChanelLocated in Irvine, CAChanel shoulder bag in grey and ivory striped linen and a wooden frame opening. This bag has a cute beach/nautical themed design with a wooden frame opening that can be pulled open w...Category
20th Century Shoulder Bags
- Chanel CC Drawstring Shopping Tote Quilted Lambskin LargeBy ChanelLocated in NY, NYCondition: Very good. Minor wear on base corners and opening edges, creasing on exterior and handles. Small stains on front near opening and on handle wax edge. Wear in interior, scr...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Tote Bags
- Chanel Black Chevron Leather Vintage Day BagBy ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLThis authentic Chanel Black Chevron Leather Day Bag is in very good vintage condition, circa 1989-1991. Timeless and sophisticated, this classic Chanel is the perfect way to elevate...Category
Late 20th Century Structured Shoulder Bags
- Chanel Coco Country Seagrass Camellia Large BagBy ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLThis authentic Chanel Coco Country Seagrass Camellia Bag is in excellent condition. The casual style is embellished with chic Chanel design elements. Neutral woven raffia large ba...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Hobo Bags
- Chanel Navy Blue Lambskin Top Handle Flap BagBy ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLThis authentic Chanel Navy Blue Lambskin Top Handle Flap Bag is in very good condition. Regal navy-blue lambskin is quilted in signature Chanel diamond pattern with large interlocki...Category
21st Century and Contemporary European Tote Bags
- Chanel Black and Grey Quilted Leather Bucket ToteBy ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLThis authentic Chanel Black Quilted Leather Bucket Tote is in excellent condition. Simply designed, this classic piece is perfect for daily enjoyment. Black leather is quilted in s...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Tote Bags
- Chanel Ivory Calfskin Reissue Tote BagBy ChanelLocated in Palm Beach, FLThis authentic Chanel Ivory Calfskin Reissue Tote Bag is in excellent plus condition. Neutral ivory calfskin is quilted in signature Chanel diamond pattern. Double zippered compart...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Structured Shoulder Bags
- Chanel Red Cruise Crochet Logo Flap BagBy ChanelLocated in Miami, FLChanel red braided crochet flap with large CC clasp closure Year: 2014 Silver hardware Thick chain Classic zippered interior pocket Red nylon interior lining Strap Drop 9” 7” H x 10...Category
2010s Italian Structured Shoulder Bags
Recently ViewedView More
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
A Chanel Wicker Handbag Gives Impossibly Chic Picnic Vibes
Only Chanel could elevate humble materials like denim and wicker to icon-level status.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery