Chanel Brown Velvet Quilted CC Flap Belt Bag
About the Item
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Unused Chanel Silver Metallic Leather Micro Mini Chain Belt BagBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Unused Vintage Chanel silver metallic leather micro mini chain belt bag from year 1997 to 1999 collection (Serial 5). - Flap and push button closure. - Length: 3.75 inches. H...Category
1990s French Belt Bags
- Chanel Brown Quilted Velvet Gold CC Turn-Lock Belt BagBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel brown quilted velvet belt bag from year 1996 to 1997. - Gold CC hardware turn-lock closure. - Brown velvet buckle. - Brown lambskin leather interior with zip pocket clos...Category
1990s Italian Belt Bags
- Christian Dior Purple Lambskin Leather WalletBy Christian DiorLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Christian Dior by John Galliano purple lambskin leather long wallet. - Eight cards compartments. - Zipped compartment. - Two "CD" linings divided compartments. - Height: 19 ...Category
Early 2000s French Wallets
- Gucci Camel Lambskin Leather Hobo HandbagBy GucciLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Gucci camel lambskin leather handbag. - Famous hobo style. - Single flat leather handle with gold toned buckles closure. - Interior zip pocket.Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Hobo Bags
- 90s Gianni Versace Couture Black Satin Gold and Rhinestone Medusa Shoulder BagBy Gianni VersaceLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Embedded iconic gold and rhinestones Medusa logo. - Made in Italy. - Length: 9 inches. Height: 6 inches. Width: 2 inches. Shoulder Drop: 21 inches.Category
1990s Italian Structured Shoulder Bags
- Hermes Silver Breloque Dog Horse H Palladium Bag Charm for Birkin or KellyBy HermèsLocated in New York, NYHermes Silver Breloque Dog Horse H Palladium Bag Charm for Birkin or Kelly Long discontinued and iconic silver bag charm by Hermes. The most darling ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Wallets and Small Accessories
- Hermes So Black Rodeo Leather Charm GM for Birkin KellyBy HermèsLocated in New York, NYGuaranteed Authentic Hermes So Black Rodeo Leather Charm GM for Birkin Kelly Cult favorite Hermes So Black Rodeo Charm is so fabulous and chic! Perfect ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Tech Accessories and Cases
- Hermes Silver Olga Charm Silver for Birkin and Kelly Bag RareBy HermèsLocated in New York, NYHermes Olga Charm Silver for Birkin or Kelly Discontinued and none available in Hermes stores worldwide for many years! A most adorable charm for your Birki...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Wallets and Small Accessories
- Hermès Address Tag for Luggage Suitcase in Naturel LeatherBy HermèsLocated in ., FRCute Authentic Hermès Adress Tag You can write your address or phone number directly on the lines provided for this purpose Made in France Made of Smoo...Category
Early 2000s French Miscellaneous
- Chanel CC Caviar Leather Zip Around Wallet 2003By ChanelLocated in Montreal, QuebecCOLOR: Black MATERIAL: Resin and crystal ITEM CODE: 8884865 MEASURES: Inside Circumference 7.25" Width 2.0” WEIGHT: 174.3g EST. RETAIL: $1,575 COMES WITH: Dust bag and attached tag C...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Wallets
- Louis Vuitton Black Monogram Eclipse Pouch Cardholder (2012)By Louis VuittonLocated in Montreal, QuebecThis cardholder/pouch is made of canvas in black with Louis Vuitton's signature monogram in grey. A silver wrap around zipper opens to a black cross-grain leather interior with a man...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Wallets
Recently ViewedView All
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.