Unused Chanel Silver Metallic Leather Micro Mini Chain Belt Bag
About the Item
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- Chanel Brown Quilted Velvet Gold CC Turn-Lock Belt BagBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel brown quilted velvet belt bag from year 1996 to 1997. - Gold CC hardware turn-lock closure. - Brown velvet buckle. - Brown lambskin leather interior with zip pocket clos...Category
1990s Italian Belt Bags
- Chanel Limited Brown Wooden Box Handbag, 1994By ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 1994 Chanel brown wooden box handbag that is limited sold to 100 Chanel VIPs worldwide. - Featuring smooth wooden panels. - Logo at the front and back. - black leath...Category
1990s French Top Handle BagsFree Shipping
- Vintage 90s Gianni Versace Couture Brown Satin Rhinestones Medusa HandbagBy Gianni VersaceLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s Gianni Versace Couture brown satin handbag. - Featuring a rhinestones silver toned Medusa logo in front. - Silver-toned metal "Medusa" head buckle kiss lock closure...Category
1990s Italian Top Handle Bags
- Vintage 90s Chanel Black Quilted Suede Handle HandbagBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Vintage 90s chanel black quilted suede leather handle handbag. - Chanel gold hardware zip closure. - Exterior “CC” turnlock flap closure. ...Category
1990s French Top Handle Bags
- MM Odyssey Paisley Handbag and WalletBy Morris MoskowitzLocated in Alford, MAMM (Morris Moskowitz) was one of America's best handbag producers during the mid twentieth century. This example features an innovative leather printing technique based on the paisle...Category
1970s American Top Handle Bags
- Hermès Special Order Vintage Convertible Kelly 15cm Sellier with Constance BeltBy HermèsLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireHermès Vert Moyen Lizard Leather Special Order Vintage Convertible Kelly 15cm Sellier with Constance Belt CONDITION NOTES The exterior is in excellent condit...Category
1980s French Top Handle Bags
- Hermes Rodeo MM Horse Bag Charm Rare Anemone New w/ BoxBy HermèsLocated in Miami, FLGuarranteed authentic rare limited Hermes Rodeo MM Anemone Rodeo horse bag charm with Bleu Izmir tail and mane. Saddle and holder are Fauve. Skin is la...Category
2010s French Wallets and Small Accessories
- Hermes Paddock Cravache Bag Charm Orange / Natural WoodBy HermèsLocated in Miami, FLMightychic offers a rare Hermes Paddock Cravache riding crop bag charm featured in Orange Vache Hunter leather. Beautifully detailed hackberry wood. Sta...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Wallets and Small Accessories
- VALENTINO Model 'My Rockstud' Bag in Black and Beige Bicolour LeatherBy ValentinoLocated in Paris, FRValentino bag 'My Rockstud' model in black and beige leather. Snap closure. Gold jewelry. Inside, 2 storage spaces separated by a central pocket. Address door. Will be delivered in a Valentino box.Category
2010s Italian Wallets and Small Accessories
- Hermes Silver Breloque Dog Horse H Palladium Bag Charm for Birkin or KellyBy HermèsLocated in New York, NYHermes Silver Breloque Dog Horse H Palladium Bag Charm for Birkin or Kelly Long discontinued and iconic silver bag charm by Hermes. The most darling ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Wallets and Small Accessories
Recently ViewedView All
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery