- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Dior Burgundy Leather Diorama Card Holder
- DimensionsHeight: 2.96 in. (7.5 cm)Width: 0.4 in. (1 cm)Length: 4.34 in. (11 cm)
- StyleDiorama (In the Style Of)
- Place of Origin
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Gently Used EXTERIOR: Minor scuffs. LINING: Visible dark marks and minor scuffs. HARDWARE: Minor scratches.
- Seller LocationDubai, AE
- Reference NumberSeller: 6580671stDibs: LU1310116578242
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Manufacturer
When Christian Dior launched his couture house, in 1946, he wanted nothing less than to make “an elegant woman more beautiful and a beautiful woman more elegant.” He succeeded, and in doing so the visionary designer altered the landscape of 20th century fashion.
Dior was born in Granville, on the Normandy coast, in 1905. His prosperous haute bourgeois parents wanted him to become a diplomat despite his interest in art and architecture. However, they agreed to bankroll an art gallery, which Dior opened in 1928 in Paris with a friend.
This was the start of Dior’s rise in the city’s creative milieu, where he befriended Pablo Picasso and Jean Cocteau. After seven years as an art dealer, Dior retrained as a fashion illustrator, eventually landing a job as a fashion designer for Robert Piguet, and in 1941, following a year of military service, he joined the house of Lucien Lelong. Just five years later, with the backing of industrialist Marcel Boussac, the ascendant Dior established his own fashion house, at 30 avenue Montaigne in Paris.
Just two years after the end of World War II, the fashion crowd and the moribund haute couture industry were yearning, comme tout Paris, for security and prosperity, desperate to discard the drab, sexless, utilitarian garb imposed by wartime deprivation. They needed to dream anew.
And Dior delivered: He designed a collection for a bright, optimistic future. “It’s quite a revolution, dear Christian!” exclaimed Carmel Snow, the prescient American editor-in-chief of Harper’s Bazaar, famously proclaiming, “Your dresses have such a new look.” The press ran with the description, christening Dior’s debut Spring/Summer haute couture collection the New Look. “God help those who bought before they saw Dior,” said Snow. “This changes everything.”
Dior’s collection definitively declared that opulence, luxury and femininity were in. His skirts could have 40-meter-circumference hems, and outfits could weigh up to 60 pounds. They were cut and shaped like architecture, on strong foundations that molded women and “freed them from nature,” Dior said. Rather than rationing, his ladies wanted reams of fabric and 19-inch waists enforced by wire corsets, and the fashion world concurred. The debut got a standing ovation.
In the subsequent decade, Paris ruled as the undisputed fashion capital of the world, and Christian Dior reigned as its king. With the luxuriously full skirts of his New Look, suits and his drop-dead gorgeous evening dresses and ball gowns worthy of any princess, Dior gave women the gift of glamour they’d lost in the miserable years of war.
- Dior Black Leather J'adior Wallet on ChainBy Christian DiorLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Dior never fails to amaze us with their dainty collections of handbags. Made from leather in a flap style, the wallet profiles a signature gold-tone J’ADIOR adorned on the handclasp,...Category
- Dior Grey Micro Cannage Patent Leather Diorama Trifold WalletBy Christian DiorLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Flaunting a compact, shapely design with a luxe aesthetic, this Diorama wallet created by the House of Dior will add an element of style and panache to your look. It is crafted using...Category
- Dior Black Leather Saddle iPhone X CaseBy Christian DiorLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2This cover from Dior is for iPhone X users. It is made from leather and features a Saddle flap detail. The case has been designed to protect your phone while complementing your style...Category
2010s Tech Accessories and Cases
- Dior Black Coated Canvas Logo-Tape Continental WalletBy Christian DiorLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2The fine artistry and the sleek structure of this continental wallet justify years of impeccable craftsmanship of the House of Dior. It has been crafted using black coated canvas, wi...Category
- Christian Dior Black Leather Vintage Gaucho Saddle WalletBy Christian DiorLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2This Christian Dior wallet is an immaculate balance of sophistication and rational utility. It has been designed using prime quality materials and elevated by a sleek finish. The vin...Category
2010s Italian Wallets
- Dior Dark Blue Cannage Patent Leather Lady Dior Gusset Card CaseBy Christian DiorLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Crafted from patent leather, this Dior gusset card case opens to reveal multiple compartments to carry your cards neatly. It also features the brand's iconic quilt detailed on the ex...Category
You May Also Like
20th Century Wallets
20th Century Wallets
21st Century and Contemporary Pouches and Wristlets
21st Century and Contemporary Wallets and Small Accessories
2010s Belt Bags
2010s Belt Bags
Mid-20th Century Wallets
21st Century and Contemporary Belt Bags
20th Century Tech Accessories and Cases
Recently ViewedView More
Too Soon for the Return of ’90s Fashion? As If
There's a renewed appreciation for the era's aesthetic, perhaps most notably among millennials seeking authentic, easy style.
14 Iconic Luxury Handbags and the Stories behind Them
When the name of a bag is as well-known as its brand, you know it's a classic.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery