An iconic armchair of the Vienna Secession movement, the Thonet model no. 511 bent beechwood armchair, featuring stunning lines and beautiful proportions. A design tour de force, it is both simple and complex, with the legs and arms crafted from a single piece of bentwood. Refinished, with a modern woven cane seat. Stamped "Thonet" to the underside.
- Of the Period
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturecirca 1904
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. The chair refinished. The stain with some mottling, as seen in photos. .
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor fading.
H 41 in. x W 22 in. x D 22.5 in.
H 104.14 cm x W 55.88 cm x D 57.15 cm
- Seat height18.25 in. (46.36 cm)
- Seller locationAustin, TX
- Reference numberLU89477416503
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2010
Typical response time: <1 hr
Located in Austin, TX
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like