- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
"Tangram" Table Element by Massimo Morozzi for Cassina, Italy, 1983
- DimensionsHeight: 28.75 in. (73 cm)Width: 51.19 in. (130 cm)Depth: 15.75 in. (40 cm)
- StylePost-Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1980s
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Minor structural damages. The condition overall is good, however, there are signs of use, there is a slightly inconsistent area of paint on the tabletop, some odd paint imperfections and losses and other minor signs of wear in line with being a vintage piece.
- Seller LocationLondon Road, Baldock, GB
- Reference NumberSeller: 21271stDibs: LU2364326357042
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: London Road, Baldock, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Manufacturer
Furniture manufacturer Cassina is a prolific design house for more reasons than one: It not only owns the licenses to an exquisite collection of iconic chairs, sofas, tables and other pieces from the 20th and 21st centuries but also produces original works that are characterized by innovation and the finest Italian craftsmanship.
Cassina’s illustrious legacy includes being one of the first companies to bring industrial design to Italy in the 1950s. Founded in 1927 in Meda, Italy, by brothers Cesare and Umberto Cassina, the Italian manufacturing giant originally specialized in bespoke woodworking. In nearly a century since its founding, the company has shown incredible foresight about design trends and the evolution of technology.
In 1964, Cassina signed an exclusive licensing agreement to manufacture furniture by Le Corbusier and his collaborators — such as the LC4 chaise longue made with trailblazing French modernist Charlotte Perriand and Pierre Jeanneret — a move that would shape the future of the company. Cassina’s I Maestri collection is an ongoing initiative to restyle landmark designs from the 20th century, such as pieces by Gerrit Rietveld (the Red and Blue armchair from 1918), Charles Rennie Mackintosh, Erik Gunnar Asplund, Franco Albini and Frank Lloyd Wright. The company preserves the intentions and original styles of their designs but adds updated techniques, materials and processes — rendering them the best possible combination of past, present and future. The brand has also worked with contemporary icons like Zaha Hadid, Gio Ponti and Philippe Starck.
Cassina’s original designs are cutting-edge as well. They include pieces for everyday use, the development of which is guided by comfort and the marriage of Italian craftsmanship with industrial technology.
Some of Cassina’s pieces, both from its contemporary and I Maestri collections, can be found in the collections of museums like the Museum of Modern Art and the Vitra Design Museum. In 2014, the company became part of Haworth in its acquisition of Italian furniture group Poltrona Frau, and in 2015, Spanish designer Patricia Urquiola joined Cassina as its art director, leading the brand into its next century of inventive style.
Find a collection of new and vintage Cassina furniture on 1stDibs.
- ‘Metafora’ Coffee Table by Massimo and Lella Vignelli for Casigliani Italy, 1979By Massimo and Lella VignelliLocated in London Road, Baldock, HertfordshireA ‘Metafora’ coffee table by Massimo and Lella Vignelli for Casigliani, Italy, 1979. Constructed of four geometric marble shapes which form the base including a solid Carrara mar...Category
Late 20th Century Italian Post-Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Gianfranco Frattini Nesting Tables for Cassina, Reversible Tops, Italy, 1960sBy Gianfranco Frattini, CastelliLocated in London Road, Baldock, HertfordshireA set of nesting tables designed by Gianfranco Frattini for Cassina Italy and produced in the 1960s. Consisting of four tables which form a cylinder shape, despite each table havi...Category
Mid-20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Børge Mogensen Nest of Tables for Søborg Møbelfabrik, Denmark, 1960sBy Børge MogensenLocated in London Road, Baldock, HertfordshireA set of nesting tables by Børge Mogensen. Manufactured by Søborg Møbelfabrik in Denmark, 1960s. Made from both teak and beech, with teak tabletops and feet and beech frames the c...Category
Mid-20th Century Danish Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Live Edge 1960s Yew Wood Coffee TableLocated in London Road, Baldock, HertfordshireA 1960s live edge coffee table with a solid yew wood top with its attractive organic aesthetic sitting on oblique tapered legs. The condition overall is good, with minor signs of w...Category
Mid-20th Century British Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Customizable 'Carlotta' Easy Chairs by Afra & Tobia Scarpa for Cassina, ItalyBy Cassina, Afra & Tobia ScarpaLocated in London Road, Baldock, HertfordshireCustomizable 'Carlotta' easy chairs by Afra & Tobia Scarpa for Cassina, Italy, designed 1976. A pair of 'Carlotta' easy chairs, lacquered frames fully restored and have entirely n...Category
Late 20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern ArmchairsMaterials
Fabric, Beech$2,381 Sale Price50% Off
- Teak & Cord Stool by Georges Tigien, for Pradera, 1950sBy Georges TigienLocated in London Road, Baldock, HertfordshireA highly decorative stool designed by Georges Tigien for Pradera in the 1950s, France. Formed of teak and highly durable wire cable the piece is highly decorative and in original ...Category
Mid-20th Century French Mid-Century Modern StoolsMaterials
You May Also Like
Vintage 1980s Italian Post-Modern Dining Room Tables
Vintage 1980s Italian Post-Modern Dining Room Tables
Vintage 1980s French Mid-Century Modern Tables
Vintage 1980s Italian Modern Dining Room Tables
Vintage 1980s Italian Post-Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
Vintage 1980s Italian Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cock...
Late 20th Century Italian Post-Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
2010s Italian Mid-Century Modern Side Tables
Vintage 1960s Italian Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
Recently ViewedView More
The 16 Most Popular Mid-Century Modern Chairs
You know the designs, now get the stories about to how they came to be.
Billy Cotton Layers His Interiors with Lived-In Comfort
The Brooklyn-based designer is adept at styles ranging from austere to over-the-top, espousing an architectural, detail-oriented approach also evident in his line of furniture and lighting.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery